SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» A reality check
steve - Norwich City fan Steve snaps up amazing Lego model of Carrow Road EmptyToday at 1:35 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Mid week 07
steve - Norwich City fan Steve snaps up amazing Lego model of Carrow Road EmptyToday at 1:18 pm by Derro Jimmy

» Results Week 07
steve - Norwich City fan Steve snaps up amazing Lego model of Carrow Road EmptyToday at 1:04 pm by canary-dave

» Predictions
steve - Norwich City fan Steve snaps up amazing Lego model of Carrow Road EmptyToday at 12:32 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 11
steve - Norwich City fan Steve snaps up amazing Lego model of Carrow Road EmptyToday at 12:30 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 10
steve - Norwich City fan Steve snaps up amazing Lego model of Carrow Road EmptyToday at 12:30 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 09
steve - Norwich City fan Steve snaps up amazing Lego model of Carrow Road EmptyToday at 12:29 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 08
steve - Norwich City fan Steve snaps up amazing Lego model of Carrow Road EmptyToday at 12:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» League Table Week 07
steve - Norwich City fan Steve snaps up amazing Lego model of Carrow Road EmptyToday at 12:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Jack Ross
steve - Norwich City fan Steve snaps up amazing Lego model of Carrow Road EmptyToday at 12:10 pm by Kipper

Norwich City fan Steve snaps up amazing Lego model of Carrow Road

Go down

steve - Norwich City fan Steve snaps up amazing Lego model of Carrow Road Empty Norwich City fan Steve snaps up amazing Lego model of Carrow Road

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-09-24, 1:07 am

For Dave  canary

Norwich City fan Steve snaps up amazing Lego model of Carrow Road
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Steven Rix, who took delivery of the Lego scale model made by Chris Smith of Carrow Road. 

Photo: Steve Adams
Catherine Morris-GrettonTuesday, September 23, 2014 

A Lego scale model of Carrow Road. Photo: Steve Adams

But Steve Rix took things one step further, by commissioning a replica of Carrow Road - made from more than 2,000 Lego bricks.

The work of online company Brickstand, the £299 stadium took more than three weeks to make and is part of a project to replicate grounds from across England.

Mr Rix had heard company owner Chris Smith, a Crystal Palace fan from Manchester, on TalkSport radio during the summer, discussing his plan to make a Lego imitation of every football stadium in the country.

“When I heard about the Lego stadiums, I thought ‘I have got to have one of those’,” said Mr Rix, a paramedic from Costessey, who does match day medical cover at Carrow Road.

“I contacted Chris, asking when he was going to do the Norwich ground. He made it for me and now I have the first one. It’s my birthday next week, so it’s a bit of a birthday present to me.”

Delivering the mini Carrow Road brought Mr Smith to Norwich for the first time in his life.

Having worked on the model using photographs, he said it felt strange to finally see the club ground. “It does feel like I have been here before,” he said.

Brickstand has already produced models of grounds including Loftus Road, Anfield and Goodison Park.

The owner of the Lego St Andrews has turned the replica into a coffee table, but Mr Rix is unsure what to do with his 70cm x 55cm x 15cm Carrow Road.

He said he originally thought about hiring it out for children’s birthday parties, but soon changed his mind.

“It wouldn’t come back,” said Mr Rix. “And my daughter is definitely not playing with it. It’s too expensive for that.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

steve - Norwich City fan Steve snaps up amazing Lego model of Carrow Road Empty Re: Norwich City fan Steve snaps up amazing Lego model of Carrow Road

Post  canary-dave on 2014-09-24, 5:40 am

Thank you BCK, it looks awesome in the photo, I'd love to see it in real life!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

steve - Norwich City fan Steve snaps up amazing Lego model of Carrow Road Empty Re: Norwich City fan Steve snaps up amazing Lego model of Carrow Road

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-09-24, 6:32 am

canary-dave wrote:Thank you BCK, it looks awesome in the photo, I'd love to see it in real life!

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-09-24, 10:40 am

Dave, at least you might have an answer when your daughter asks you what you want for Christmas!  Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-09-24, 11:02 am

Hieronymus wrote:Dave, at least you might have an answer when your daughter asks you what you want for Christmas!  Very Happy
He told me at our last meet up, a model of a legover, I'm sure thats what he said

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum