SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» League Table Week 18
Heskey joins newcastle EmptyToday at 12:50 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 18
Heskey joins newcastle EmptyToday at 12:49 pm by gil t azell

» Predictions New Years Day - and Sat 4th Jan
Heskey joins newcastle EmptyToday at 12:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 20
Heskey joins newcastle EmptyToday at 12:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Boxing Day
Heskey joins newcastle EmptyToday at 12:25 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predicitons Week 19
Heskey joins newcastle EmptyToday at 12:25 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Is it possible
Heskey joins newcastle EmptyToday at 12:22 pm by wanderer

» Maja
Heskey joins newcastle EmptyToday at 12:08 pm by Steve30000

» Political debates
Heskey joins newcastle EmptyToday at 10:26 am by wanderer

» Blackpool interest in grigg
Heskey joins newcastle EmptyYesterday at 10:41 pm by Steve30000

Heskey joins newcastle

Go down

Heskey joins newcastle Empty Heskey joins newcastle

Post  Guest on 2012-09-21, 12:19 pm

No not the skunks, the big newcastle..

Former England striker Emile Heskey has joined Australian A-League side Newcastle Jets on a one-year deal.
The 34-year-old had been without a club since being released by Aston Villa in the summer, and will partner former Leeds man Michael Bridges up front.

Emile is someone who has unbelievable experience

"I think Emile is a tremendous signing for the Jets. It's a massive coup for the club," said Bridges.
Heskey follows former Juventus forward Alessandro Del Piero into the league, after the Italian joined Sydney FC.

Back to top Go down

Heskey joins newcastle Empty Re: Heskey joins newcastle

Post  Guest on 2012-09-28, 10:54 am

Seems he's a massive hit already...

Newcastle Jets have already sold out their first batch of Emile Heskey replica shirts as the hysteria surrounding the striker’s transfer shows no sign of slowing down.

The A-League side revealed they have ordered 5,000 more Heskey No 9 strips to meet the incredible demand.
Heskey’s arrival comes a week after Italian legend Alessandro Del Piero signed for rival side Sydney FC.

Del Piero’s side reported that ticket sales for their opening game was ten times greater than last season and Heskey’s transfer looks like it has provided a similar boost to the Newcastle Jets.
Less than a week after the former England international’s arrival, more than 1,000 Jets fans have signed up as new members.

It is estimated that the club will have an 11,000-strong membership base by the time the season kicks off - 2,000 greater than last season.

The Jets coach, Gary van Egmond, told Foxsports he was excited about Heskey’s arrival and the impact that he would have on the club.

'It’s fantastic, he ticks all the boxes in a footballing sense with his ability and experience.
'From a commercial and marketing point of view, he's going to be a great fit.'

Van Egmond was also hopeful that Heskey will be in good condition when he arrives in Australia on Friday.
'We are obviously all hoping he is going to be ready to go. From my understanding, he's been training at Wigan and has kept himself in really good nick.

'Everyone's hopeful it's all OK and he's in decent shape but as I say, we can't do anymore at this stage except wait until we see him in the flesh and then go from there.'

The club's Swiss defender Dominik Ritter was equally as excited and could not wait to play alongside his new teammate.

'When I came here, I didn't know much about Australian football,' he said.
'Then a couple of weeks ago, Del Piero signed [with Sydney FC] and everyone from Switzerland, my family and friends, all texted me saying how great it was.

'Now Emile Heskey is coming to play with me and my team. It's very, very exciting.'

Heskey joins newcastle Article-2209498-153291B4000005DC-765_468x312

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-09-28, 1:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum