SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
The Lesmac Match Day Thread..BURNLEY v SAFC EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
The Lesmac Match Day Thread..BURNLEY v SAFC EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
The Lesmac Match Day Thread..BURNLEY v SAFC Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
The Lesmac Match Day Thread..BURNLEY v SAFC Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
The Lesmac Match Day Thread..BURNLEY v SAFC Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
The Lesmac Match Day Thread..BURNLEY v SAFC Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
The Lesmac Match Day Thread..BURNLEY v SAFC Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
The Lesmac Match Day Thread..BURNLEY v SAFC Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
The Lesmac Match Day Thread..BURNLEY v SAFC Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
The Lesmac Match Day Thread..BURNLEY v SAFC Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

The Lesmac Match Day Thread..BURNLEY v SAFC

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Lesmac Match Day Thread..BURNLEY v SAFC Empty The Lesmac Match Day Thread..BURNLEY v SAFC

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-09-14, 6:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

RESULTS SO FAR
BURNLEY

September 2014

[th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th]
Premier League
Crystal Palace
0-0
Burnley
Sat 13 Sep

August 2014

Premier League
Burnley
0-0
Man Utd
Sat 30 Aug
League Cup
Burnley
0-1
Sheff Wed
Tue 26 Aug
Premier League
Swansea
1-0
Burnley
Sat 23 Aug
Premier League
Burnley
1-3
Chelsea
Mon 18 Aug

SUNDERLAND
Premier League
Sunderland
2-2
Tottenham
Sat 13 Sep

August 2014

Premier League
QPR
1-0
Sunderland
Sat 30 Aug
League Cup
Birmingham
0-3
Sunderland
Wed 27 Aug
Premier League
Sunderland
1-1
Man Utd
Sun 24 Aug
Premier League
West Brom
2-2
Sunderland
Sat 16 Aug
TEAM LAST GAME
BURNLEY

• 01 Heaton

• 05 Shackell

• 06 Mee

• 02 Trippier

• 04 Duff

• 14 Jones

• 21 Boyd Booked

• 37 Arfield

• 08 Marney

• 10 Ings Booke Bo

• 19 Jutkiewicz

Substitutes

• 07 Wallace

• 17 Sordell

• 18 Reid

• 22 Gilks

• 23 Ward

• 28 Long

• 30 Barnes

SUNDERLAND

25 Mannone

• 05 Brown 

• 16 O'Shea

• 27 Vergini 

• 03 van Aanholt 

• 20 Álvarez 

• 08 Rodwell  

• 06 Cattermole

• 07 Larsson 

• 11 Johnson

• 10 Wickham 

Substitutes

• 01 Pantilimon

• 02 Jones

• 04 Bridcutt

• 14 Jordi Gómez

• 17 Altidore

• 23 Giaccherini

• 30 Buckley.

A big game for both teams, yes I know its early days but Burnley need that first win and must see us as a chance to get it. For Sunderland we have shown some good improvement but we also need that win and this must be one that was ticked when the fixture list came out.

We will again have around 4,000 fans backing the team so no excuses please, lets get those 3 points.

The areas for Gus to look at, IMO..

Full back, Vergini or Jones, cant see him changing keeper or back 4.

Cattermole is a certainty IMO.

Then we come to that top 4, Johnson.Rodwell.Larson.Alvarez.

I suspect it will be the same again but surely both Giaccherini and Gomez should be pushing for a start?

Wickham again up front.

Will Gus stick with 4-1-4-1 for this game or go 4-1-3-1-1 or a 4-4-1-1.

I know many would like to see Giaccherini behind Wickham.

Lots to ponder this week.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2014-09-20, 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

The Lesmac Match Day Thread..BURNLEY v SAFC Empty Re: The Lesmac Match Day Thread..BURNLEY v SAFC

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-09-16, 7:00 am

We now know hat Wickham will again lead the line so the question is will Giacherini, Gomez or Buckley get a start?

Watching Gus over his time here makes me think it will be the same starting 11 but all 3 players deserve their chance for me.

Giaccherini has looked sharp and dangerous every game and for me Alveraz should come on from the bench then start in the cup game jut to give him time.

Gomez showed more than Larsson or Rodwell and Buckley offers a direct threat.

MANNONE
VERGINI..OSHEA..BROWN..VAN AANHOLT
CATTERMOLE
BUCKLEY.....GOMEZ....JOHNSON
GIACCHERINI
WICKHAM

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

The Lesmac Match Day Thread..BURNLEY v SAFC Empty Re: The Lesmac Match Day Thread..BURNLEY v SAFC

Post  Nostalgic on 2014-09-16, 8:38 am

I think we have the personnel to win this, but then I thought the same about QPR; my biggest concern is the pitch size which, if I remember right, is about the same dimensions as QPR's so forget width and only use one side for overlap. Maybe even play with 3 at the back. Runners from midfield could be the key to winning it, but to do that Wickham has to hold play up rather than run head down into defenders.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-09-16, 10:46 am

cyprussyd wrote:We now know hat Wickham will again lead the line so the question is will Giacherini, Gomez or Buckley get a start?

Watching Gus over his time here makes me think it will be the same starting 11 but all 3 players deserve their chance for me.

Giaccherini has looked sharp and dangerous every game and for me Alveraz should come on from the bench then start in the cup game jut to give him time.

MANNONE
CATTERMOLE
GIACCHERINI
WICKHAM
Virtually same team for me except I would keep Larsson to start as I feel he and Cattermole work very well together and 3 changes from last week will be too many. I certainly want Giaccherini to start though, as he will offer Wickham more support. I also think Buckley deseves to start, replacing Alvarez, who is not ready yet, despite showing one or two flashes of quality on Saturday. 

Burnley will not be an easy game, as newly promoted sides often make up for lack of resources with team spirit. They kept 2 clean sheets in last 2 games and only lost to Swansea by a single goal. Chelsea beat them 3-1 at home it is true, but then they are likely to score 3 against anyone. Burnley have only scored 1 so far this season and last year's top scorer Danny Ings was injured last week and is unlikely to play. However I also note that Ross Wallace, once of this parish, plays for them, so what are the odds of him scoring against us!

IMO we should be beating Burnley if we want to put the horrors of last season behind us, and I think we will. I am predicting a 2-1 win for us.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-09-16, 1:51 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:We now know hat Wickham will again lead the line so the question is will Giacherini, Gomez or Buckley get a start?

MANNONE
CATTERMOLE
GIACCHERINI
WICKHAM
Virtually same team for me except I would keep Larsson to start as I feel he and Cattermole work very well together and 3 changes from last week will be too many. I certainly want Giaccherini to start though, as he will offer Wickham more support. I also think Buckley deseves to start, replacing Alvarez, who is not ready yet, despite showing one or two flashes of quality on Saturday. 

Burnley will not be an easy game, as newly promoted sides often make up for lack of resources with team spirit. They kept 2 clean sheets in last 2 games and only lost to Swansea by a single goal. Chelsea beat them 3-1 at home it is true, but then they are likely to score 3 against anyone. Burnley have only scored 1 so far this season and last year's top scorer Danny Ings was injured last week and is unlikely to play. However I also note that Ross Wallace, once of this parish, plays for them, so what are the odds of him scoring against us!

IMO we should be beating Burnley if we want to put the horrors of last season behind us, and I think we will. I am predicting a 2-1 win for us.
This is a game that we should win but it will not be easy. I like the team that H suggests above. Wickham to lead the line but he needs support and Giaccherini  could be the man to provide that support, he cab also score the odd goal. I like the idea of Buckley and Johnson in the side for as has been said the Turf Moor pitch is not too wide which would allow Johnson to play across the field with Buckley hugging the wing to provide crosses for Wickham.  

Paul, the guy who sits next to me in the East Stand, has a spare ticket so I'm going with him and six others who sit around us. Looking forward to seeing a 2-o win.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-09-16, 2:02 pm

lesmac wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

MANNONE
CATTERMOLE
GIACCHERINI
WICKHAM

This is a game that we should win but it will not be easy. I like the team that H suggests above. Wickham to lead the line but he needs support and Giaccherini  could be the man to provide that support, he cab also score the odd goal. I like the idea of Buckley and Johnson in the side for as has been said the Turf Moor pitch is not too wide which would allow Johnson to play across the field with Buckley hugging the wing to provide crosses for Wickham.  

Paul, the guy who sits next to me in the East Stand, has a spare ticket so I'm going with him and six others who sit around us. Looking forward to seeing a 2-o win.
enjoy the day Les, if we lose we know who to blame  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

The Lesmac Match Day Thread..BURNLEY v SAFC Empty A View from the clarets.

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-09-17, 6:21 pm

Posted 17 Sep 2014 11:53
Some questions about Saturdays game
Hello Burnley fans, my team Sunderland visit you at the weekend and my forum is starting a view from the opposition thread.

If you have the time could you answer some questions please.

1.Who, if anyone, do you see as your biggest threat from Sunderland?

2.Do you expect a win on Saturday?

3.Who do you think is your biggest threat?

4.What score do you expect?

5.We are bringing 4000 fans down, where are the away fans pubs.

6.How do you think Sunderland will do this season?

7.How do you think you will do this season.

Thank you

NextEmailComplainReply
MDWat

Posted 17 Sep 2014 11:58
re: Some questions about Saturdays game
1. Johnson and Wickham
2. No, I don't "expect" any wins in the Premier League
3. Kieran Trippier if he is given any space
4. 1-1
5. Can't answer this one
6. Mid-table.
7. 17th

Email[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]ComplainReply
braindead

Posted 17 Sep 2014 11:58
1. Steven Fletcher - ex Burnley players always score against us
2.Yes, hopefully, considering we have played Man Utd and Chelsea in our last two home games we certainly should have more than a good chance.
3.George Boyd and Scott Arfield, also the fact that we close down and deny space and are extremely organised.
4. 2-1 Burnley
5. The Cricket club next to the ground, Queen Victoria, also the town centre has a Walkabout etc which is hospitable.
6. I think you will do OK, although your manager is a d1ck.
7. 17th would be brilliant!

the_quoon

Posted 17 Sep 2014 12:08
1. adam johnson. no idea who else plays for you.

2. no. hopefully you lot do though and you get a shock.

3. scott arfield at the moment

4. any

5. sunderland

6. another relegation battle with the added bonus of fighting it out with newcastle for a place in the bottom 3

7. relegation battle

cheshiresetclaret

Posted 17 Sep 2014 12:45
1 Bobby Stoko's ghost

2 No

3 The referee and his linesmen

4 Silly question, so will plead the 5th

5 You are welcome in them all but dont expect us to be good conversationalists

6 With Gus at helm you should be alright

7 With Dyche anything is possible. 5th hopefully.

Boliclaret

Posted 17 Sep 2014 14:37
1) Fletch didn't play against Spurs (is he injured?)
Cattermole or Wickham.
2) I don't expect any easy games but if we defend like we can and you defend like you did against Spurs then we have a very good chance of 3 points.
3)The obvious choice is Arfield, but if Jones continues his positive good form he will create chances.
4) 1-0 or 1-1, a draw wouldn't be the end of the world, but a defeat could be a real wake up call.
5) In Accrington, its not like you could mess the place up.
6) From what I've seen so far I think you'll struggle, but I'll be very surprised if you drop.
7) We need to be more ruthless as well as tidy, but I think we'll stay up.

1.Wickham or Fletcher

2. We never expect to win in this league. However, we are better than outsiders seem to think so I wouldn't suggest you should expect one of us either.

3. Arfield and Boyd are pretty dangerous.

4. 1 - 0

5. One next to the ground called the Lounge, most away fans go there.

6. Hard to say, probably similar to us.

7. See above.

Rowls

Posted 17 Sep 2014 18:43
1. Johnson & Wickham
2. Yes
3. Without doubt, Ben Mee or Alex Cisak
4. 3-1 to Burnley
5. This is Burnley. There aren't any. Get in and get out. Thank you.
6. Anywhere between 10th and 20th.
7. Same as Sunderland.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-09-18, 9:51 am

We seem to be struggling to get going in the enthusiasm stakes this season, maybe its those international breaks or could it be the away games?

Hopefully with a cup game on Tuesday then a home game a week Saturday we will all get enthused, I know I'm struggling.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-09-18, 10:39 am

cyprussyd wrote:We seem to be struggling to get going in the enthusiasm stakes this season, maybe its those international breaks or could it be the away games?

Hopefully with a cup game on Tuesday then a home game a week Saturday we will all get enthused, I know I'm struggling.
Too much else going on personally at minute so football is taking a bit of a back seat. Have my tickets for next Tuesday though so will see you there. Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-09-18, 10:44 am

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:We seem to be struggling to get going in the enthusiasm stakes this season, maybe its those international breaks or could it be the away games?

Too much else going on personally at minute so football is taking a bit of a back seat. Have my tickets for next Tuesday though so will see you there. Very Happy
I have been trapped for a week with builders in every day transforming my bathroom into a wet room. decorator here today the I am free

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-09-18, 10:47 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

I have been trapped for a week with builders in every day transforming my bathroom into a wet room. decorator here today the I am free
Do not speak to me about builders! Aaarrrggghhhh!  affraid
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-09-18, 10:50 am

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

Do not speak to me about builders! Aaarrrggghhhh!  affraid

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-09-18, 10:55 am

BURNLEY have been dealt a blow prior to Saturday’s visit of Sunderland after striker Danny Ings was ruled out for four weeks.

Ings suffered a hamstring strain in last weekend’s stalemate at Crystal Palace and limped off just before the interval.
Initial scans have indicated that the England Under-21 frontman, who netted 26 goals for Burnley last season, will miss the three Premier League encounters before the international break.
Former Bolton striker Marvin Sordell is likely to take Ings’ place against Sunderland, with the Clarets searching for their first goal since the opening weekend of the campaign.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2014-09-18, 6:44 pm

I reckon Poyet will want Rodwell to start..

what are the internet streams like atm...
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2014-09-18, 6:45 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I reckon Poyet will want Rodwell to start..

I've used Football Streaming for our 2 away games, and got a great stream both times
Just have to play around with the selections till you find one that suits
Jerry the Jinx
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-09-18, 6:49 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I reckon Poyet will want Rodwell to start..

I use the one mackemneil suggests on the streaming board, its a good one

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-09-18, 9:36 pm

Premier League Preview: Burnley vs Sunderland

Danny Ings' absence is set to test Burnley's depleted front line when Sunderland visit Turf Moor for Saturday's Premier League encounter.

The 22-year-old forward was replaced shortly before half-time in Burnley's 0-0 draw at Crystal Palace last weekend with a hamstring injury.

Initial fears were that the England Under-21 international could be set for an extended spell on the sidelines, but manager Sean Dyche stated on Thursday that the issue was a "straightforward hamstring injury", although no timeframe has been made public. 

Ings, who scored 20 goals in 40 Championship appearances to help fire Burnley back to the Premier League last season, joins fellow striker Sam Vokes on the sidelines - the Welshman still recovering from a long-term knee injury.

Goals are certainly a concern for the Lancashire team, who have netted just once in four league matches, but Dyche has backed the likes of Marvin Sordell, Lukas Jutkiewicz and Ashley Barnes to come good.

"They are a little trio of strikers who want to do well," Dyche said. "Big Jukes has done well but like any striker he wants to nick a goal.

"They are all hungry to grab their chance in the Premier League and who wouldn't be?"

Burnley, who are also without Matt Taylor (Achilles), have yet to win in the Premier League, although it could have been a different story had Scott Arfield not missed a late penalty in the Palace stalemate.

Despite their winless start, Dyche insists that spirits remain high in the squad.

"There's never a question of morale. That's always good," he added.

"We are close to getting our first win. We have arguably deserved one but that's football and we have to force the issue to get the first win."

Like Burnley, Sunderland are still searching for a first Premier League triumph of the campaign. It took until the end of October for Sunderland to register their first league win last season and they will be keen to avoid a similar barren spell in 2014-15. 

Head coach Gus Poyet witnessed his side twice come from behind to pick up a valuable 2-2 draw at home to Tottenham last weekend, despite being second best for the majority of the encounter.

Former Burnley striker Steven Fletcher was left out of Poyet's 18-man squad for that clash, with Connor Wickham preferred in a lone front role, while Jozy Altidore was named on the bench.

Poyet has been happy with Fletcher's response to being dropped, though, and claims he will get a chance to impress ahead of a run of three games in seven days.

"Fletch has trained well, serious of course, not happy of course," he said.

"But he's trained really hard and wants to be part of it, which is great.

"It's good for me. We've got three games coming up everyone is important. All the time, I only look towards the next game, but we'll look at [Tuesday's League Cup game with] Stoke [City] after Burnley."

Sunderland have no reported injuries ahead of the match. 

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/burnley-v-sunderland-hosts-threadbare-front-line-put-test#PlSEspfeD9KS16Sr.99

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-09-19, 2:05 pm

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

• Venue: Turf Moor

• Date: Saturday, 20 September

TEAM NEWS

Burnley striker Danny Ings misses out with a hamstring injury.
Matt Taylor is also ruled out with a niggling Achilles problem but loan duo Nathan Chalobah and Michael Keane could make their debuts.
Sunderland boss Gus Poyet has no new injury problems but could make changes in search of a first win of the season.
Billy Jones, Will Buckley and Jordi Gomez are among those men pushing for starting places, with Connor Wickham set to retain the role of lone striker.

MATCH PREVIEW

It has been an anxious start for both clubs, who are still looking for their first victory, and for Burnley especially this is one they need to win ahead of trips to West Brom and Leicester.
Unlike Sunderland, they've shown few signs that they'll score enough to stay up. If they're still looking for an opening triumph after this run of three games, history indicates they'll go straight back down.
The hamstring injury suffered by Danny Ings  at Palace last week has come at the wrong time. With Sam Vokes a long-term cruciate ligament victim, their 47-goal pairing from the promotion season is missing.
It's a big ask for Marvin Sordell to carry the scoring burden as he probably starts in the league for the first time in Burnley colours.
[th]

Lawro's prediction

[/th]
Scoring goals is a problem for Burnley, who have not found the net for 380 minutes in the league since the 14th-minute of their opening game of the campaign. Losing Danny Ings to a hamstring injury is a further blow.
Read Lawro's full prediction and score
Burnley have brought in plenty of top-flight experience in Steven Reid and Steven Ward and added some good youngsters in Nathanial Chalobah and Michael Keane.
Sean Dyche is an excellent man manager and coach, and his side had the tightest defence in the Championship last season. Full-back Kieran Trippier has correctly praised the back-to-back clean sheets. 
But they won't stay up unless they start scoring. The club is punching above its weight right now. The Clarets must get wins in a hurry.
Their victory over Sunderland when they last met at Turf Moor was their first in 15 meetings against the Black Cats, who start as favourites for this clash because of their extra creativity, experience and firepower.
Sunderland haven't won yet but they've lost just twice in their last 11 games. They should have too much for Burnley, especially if Connor Wickham can rediscover his spring form of five goals in six relegation dog-fight games.
But if Burnley can start at a high tempo, and get early balls into the heart of a Sunderland defence that hasn't rediscovered the solidity of late last term, then a first Premier League home win at Turf Moor since May 2010 could be on.
That season they gave themselves a chance by winning their opening five home games. It's deeply concerning that they're still waiting this time around.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Burnley's win the last time they hosted Sunderland (September 2009) ended a run of 14 games without a win against the Black Cats.
  • Sunderland have made just one trip to Burnley in the Premier League but their first visit to Turf Moor was September 1890, where they earned a 3-3 draw.

Burnley

• Burnley have scored just once since their return to the top flight, and have failed to find the net in their last three league matches.
  • The last time Burnley were in the Premier League, they won two of their first three matches; this time around they are still waiting for their first win after four games.
  • Burnley have at least kept two consecutive clean sheets after conceding in the previous 29 Premier League matches.
  • Steven Fletcher, who now plays for Sunderland, remains Burnley's leading all-time Premier League scorer (eight goals).

Sunderland

• Sunderland are yet to win in the league in 2014-15 but, with three points, they have made a better start than last season when they earned just one point from their first eight matches.
  • The Black Cats have kept only one clean sheet in their last nine away matches in the Premier League, conceding more than one goal on six occasions.
  • Sunderland have lost only one of their last five Premier League away games (W2, D2, L1).

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-09-19, 4:40 pm

THE MAN IN THE MIDDLE

Anthony Taylor
[size=30][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[/size]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-09-20, 8:10 am

Well its here and hopefully we will all enjoy the day and 3 hard earned, or maybe easy, points, who knows with our lot.

What we do know is there will be 4000 Mackems there cheering them on with a number of options for those not going.

The pub is always a popular choice for many, if its yours, enjoy.

For the rest we have live commentary on  http://www.safc.com/safsee with Nick Barnes and Garry Bennett on Radio Newcastle link.

I have placed the link for a good stream, courtesy of mackemneil, on the top of the page and chatbox will be live from 2 at the top of the homepage.

However you decide to follow the game, enjoy.

For the sad buggers who will not be allowed to watch or listen to the game but will be on DIY or shopping duty, tough.

And for Dave, good luck to the  canary

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Siddall on 2014-09-20, 10:08 am

Expect a close, hard fought game... 0-4... Fletcher hat-trick after he comes on as sub (46'), Wickham to open scoring on third minute.
Siddall
Siddall
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2014-09-20, 10:23 am

Thanks Syd and very good luck to the Black Cats, these are the games where you struggled last year, don't let it happen again!

yipeee yipeee yipeee yipeee yipeee

cat cat cat cat cat

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-09-20, 12:18 pm

Siddall wrote:Expect a close, hard fought game... 0-4... Fletcher hat-trick after he comes on as sub (46'), Wickham to open scoring on third minute.
Crystal ball???? Dream?? Bit early for alcohol or illegal substances  affraid

Whatever it is, I would so love it if you were proved right, but will settle for 2-1 to us, whoever scores  Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2014-09-20, 12:30 pm

Hmm I reckon if we can keep a clean sheet we will win...the problem is we do not seem to be that good defensively..I was trying to recall the last time the defence did not let any goals in, all that I can recall is is Vito usually has to make a string of saves to keep us in the match. Still I do think we have a good back 4, and if Catts sits in front of them...However you start defending from the front and as I would like to see Giac behind Wickham and AJ has to play as he has looked good (great mazy run for his goal against the spuds) neither Giac or AJ are that good defensively. So the others have to be.

Just had some quicker internet installed so hoping to watch the match via a stream.

Would love to see us win...quite what the odds of that are I would not like to say, Burnley probably think we are one of the teams they have to take points off, if they are going to avoid relegation. This is a good chance for us to show we can win against 'teams' around us.
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-09-20, 12:35 pm

I am quite confident about today, well as confident as a Sunderland fan can be.

Our defence really should be able to handle the Burnley attack, especially with their top scorer, Danny Ings out.

No doubt they will try and wind Catts up but thats easier said than done this season.

A lot is down to who starts for us, Buckley attacking along with Johnson would be an advantage and Giaccherini behind Wickham would please me.

Throw in Gomez and I will be happy.

My team..

MANNONE
VERGINI.OSHEA.BROWN.VAN AANHOLT
CATTERMOLE
BUCKLEY....GOMEZ ...JOHNSON
GIACCHERINI
WICKHAM
Pantilimon.Avarez.Larsson.Rodwell.Altidore.Jones.Bridcutt

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum