SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Quiz 76
Yesterday at 11:23 pm by Hieronymus

» MAJA GOAL
Yesterday at 9:49 pm by gil t azell

» A heart warming win.. next target?
Yesterday at 7:43 pm by barrowmackem

» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Yesterday at 7:33 pm by canary-dave

» In plain English please
Yesterday at 5:18 pm by gil t azell

» Thoroughly ashamed
Yesterday at 5:15 pm by gil t azell

» Newcastle in, Sunderland and West Ham OUT
Yesterday at 2:07 pm by sunderpitt

» SUNDERLAND V BIRMINGHAM.
Yesterday at 1:25 pm by Billy D

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
2017-12-16, 9:46 pm by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
2017-12-16, 8:59 pm by Nostalgic

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Boris Johnson British PM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boris Johnson British PM

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-27, 6:54 am

SunderMad Blog

Boris Johnson British PM
Never I hear the cry, he would be a disaster, could never happen, well maybe he would be a disaster, maybe not, lets face it, Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, he does not have a lot to beat. But that is a different question, today's is,”Could he be our next PM”?
We will soon be facing a general election and we can confidently say that the Liberals and UKIP wont win it, like always it will be between The Tories and Labour. Looking at the polls and the strange mix of Labour just ahead of The Tories but Cameron ahead of Milliband a hung parliament would not be a surprise with a majority even smaller than last time.
Would a Condem government be accepted again and could Labour seriously work with either the Liberals or UKIP?
So a second election is called but the Tories get smart, ditch Cameron and elect Boris, he could then just win and be PM.
Now its all ifs and buts so lets throw one more if & but into the mix, Scotland vote yes!
I would say it is improbable but none the less possible that within 12 months we have a UK made up of England, Wales and Northern Ireland and a government led by Boris Johnson. If Scotland go it alone we can be sure that the nationalists of Wales and Northern Ireland will get renewed confidence and push to join in the independence crusade and we could have no UK at all.
Fanciful I know, could never happen, its like when I was younger and one of the worlds super powers was the USSR, massive, strong, unbeatable, it could not and would not ever be broken up, we all knew that!
We look around our world today and it bears little resemblance to the world I grew up in and we look at the Muslim fight for freedom, that's what they would call it and you have to ask, “Do they have a point”?
The world is going through dangerous times with change being fought for in every corner, why should the UK be immune?
I seem to be drifting a long way from my starting point with Boris and his quest for power but have I, is Boris after power in leading his party, power in leading our country or power on the world stage?
When I think of Britain and British values I do it through the eyes of a 65 year old, black and white films, BBC presenters in suits with British accents, like the queen, animations like Bill and Ben where you could see the strings and James Bond being real life.
Long winters with deep snow and lazy summers and day trips to Scarborough or Blackpool and TV with 2 channels.
But British values have changed, the world is changing and maybe we will have to get used to the man from Have I got News for You being our leader.
Like all these blogs the views above are not necessarily my views, more a prompt to hear yours, could it happen, no,

[size=32]why not?[/size]

[size=32]
[/size]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Boris Johnson British PM

Post  canary-dave on 2014-08-27, 8:37 am

My opinion of the scenario you have set is I hope and pray it never happens! Boris gives the impression of being a bumbling idiot, but in reality he is a very clever and very devious man. If he ever got his hands on the roll of Prime Minister, no female would be safe, he is very much in the Silvio Berlusconi mould in hie thinking that ladies are there for his pleasure and not much else!

That is my humble opinion!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  fyldemackem on 2014-08-27, 2:20 pm

Boris may have great appeal to some in the prosperous south, goofing around and portraying himself as a sort of buffoonish anti politician. But things would soon get real if by some disaster he ever became PM.

Terrorists for one don't have much of a sense of humour, nor are there many laughs in the north staffs hospital crisis or the Rotherham abuse scandal. His style is ok when confined to the light and frothy issues, but no way is he cut out for the challenges that threaten our existence. The world is changing radically before our eyes and I don't see BoJo as the man to steer us through the rapids that lie ahead.....................unfortunately I don't see anyone else either.

Beneath that mop of blonde hair there is clearly a very ambitious politician and maybe at another time in our island history he would've been ok, but not in these chillingly perilous times.
To illustrate my point, see if you can spot the odd one out in this list:

Bashar al-Assad
Vladimir Putin
Ahmed Dinerjad
Robert Mugabe
Kim Jong-un
Boris Johnson
fyldemackem
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-08-27, 2:25 pm

fyldemackem wrote:Boris may have great appeal to some in the prosperous south, goofing around and portraying himself as a sort of buffoonish anti politician. But things would soon get real if by some disaster he ever became PM.

Terrorists for one don't have much of a sense of humour, nor are there many laughs in the north staffs hospital crisis or the Rotherham abuse scandal. His style is ok when confined to the light and frothy issues, but no way is he cut out for the challenges that threaten our existence. The world is changing radically before our eyes and I don't see BoJo as the man to steer us through the rapids that lie ahead.....................unfortunately I don't see anyone else either.

Beneath that mop of blonde hair there is clearly a very ambitious politician and maybe at another time in our island history he would've been ok, but not in these chillingly perilous times.
To illustrate my point, see if you can spot the odd one out in this list:

Bashar al-Assad
Vladimir Putin
Ahmed Dinerjad
Robert Mugabe
Kim Jong-un
Boris Johnson
Excellent post. Wanted to say something similar but haven't had time to think how to reply to this good blog by Syd. But you have responded more eloquently than I could have anyway.  Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-27, 2:48 pm

Well it seems that Mr Johnson is far from a popular choice amongst the SunderMad readership.

However the SunderMad readership are certainly far from representative of the UK's voting public and that may be the problem.

Labour are strong in the north and in Scotland but under my scenario Scotland would not have a say in our General Election so the case for Boris gets stronger.

Boris is popular, very, very popular, I love to see him on TV and enjoy his speeches and in today's media, PR, image led world that counts. E

Ed Miliband loses votes because of how he eats a bacon sandwich so Boris winning because of his madcap image is very possible.

Our readership are very knowledgeable people, no not taking the piss and are more than able to see behind the surface but are the voting public?

Under Cameron and the present government the divide between north and south has grown, IMO, would Boris make it unmendable?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum