SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
The Mail on Jack EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
The Mail on Jack EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
The Mail on Jack Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
The Mail on Jack Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
The Mail on Jack Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
The Mail on Jack Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
The Mail on Jack Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
The Mail on Jack Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
The Mail on Jack Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
The Mail on Jack Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

The Mail on Jack

Go down

The Mail on Jack Empty The Mail on Jack

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-19, 8:54 am

Jack Colback is England class – his set-pieces are phenomenal. And he’s got bottle as well.
This kid isn’t stupid. He’s a Geordie who’s well aware of the passions on Tyneside and Wearside. These fans don’t hold back when it comes to rivalries. Even punching a horse isn’t off limits when it’s Newcastle v Sunderland. 
So for a Newcastle fan to make the move from Sunderland to St James’ Park, and on a free transfer – well, you’ve got to admire Colback’s balls.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

'Ginger Pirlo': Newcastle's Jack Colback should be called up for the England team

Dogged: Colback gets stuck into Manchester City's Aleksandar Kolarov on his Newcastle debut 

Call him up! Roy Hodgson should consider Colback for the forthcoming European Championship qualifiers
And check out his Newcastle debut. Sure they lost, but you’ve got to have a small-minded football brain to think there were no positives for Alan Pardew after the match, and Colback was one of them.
He’s the Ginger Pirlo, trusted with the set-pieces, and delivering good service with most of them. I like this kid, and I can’t help thinking that if he’d come through at Arsenal, Liverpool or even the “boutique” academy at Southampton, Colback would have had an England call-up by now.
At Sunderland he was forced to play at full-back, and a succession of different managers never got the best out of him consistently until Gus Poyet turned up. He’s a central midfielder who can pass, and who can deliver a deadly set-piece. Go and watch him Roy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2728574/Wayne-Rooney-Manchester-United-s-natural-leader-Ginger-Pirlo-Jack-Colback-deserves-England-call-Jordan-Henderson-Steven-Gerrard.html#ixzz3Ap0l6Ugq 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Now I know that, IMO sadly, many will be unable to see past the local rivalry and just slate Jack and indeed this article from the Mail, thats their choice.

But I have always been a big Colback fan and him changing sides does not make him a bad player for me indeed I thought he showed on Sunday why he made the right move.

He was responsible for set pieces and corners, something he never was with us and he outdid Larsson and Johnson in delivery for me.

After a quiet start he ran midfield and looked class, England class, maybe not but I wish he had been in our midfield.

So for me I dont blame Jack one bit, I blame a succession of Sunderland managers who failed to spot his potential.

Jack joining Newcastle is not Jacks fault, its Sunderlands and before anyone says yes but he should not be saying this, doing that, why? Newcastle are his team now, he gave 100% when in a Sunderland shirt including mocking the Newcastle fans when scoring, why expect different now?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

The Mail on Jack Empty Re: The Mail on Jack

Post  Guest on 2014-08-19, 9:14 am

Syd what sticks in my throat with the little Ginger tw*t is the way he did it saying wait till the end of the season and I'll sign a new contract if we stay up then basically sticking two fingers up at the fans who had supported him and the vast majority didn't hold his Newcastle roots against him and frankly if hrs England class now he was when he was with us and this is Typical Daily Fail bias against us!

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2014-08-19, 9:21 am

I've become exasperated at the inability of modern footballers to deliver a dead ball over the head of the nearest defender - whether it's a free kick or a corner - yet on Sunday Jack demonstrated that it's really not that difficult with a 100% success rate. His delivery was uncannily accurate, always provided a threat but thankfully the Toon were unable to capitalise, though I suspect that will change in the coming months.

In addition he did his usual terrier stuff in defence, with which we are all familiar and for me he was the best player in a black and white shirt.

Well done Jack, in my eyes you did nothing wrong by changing employers and Sunday showed why you probably made the correct decision.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2014-08-19, 9:35 am

Well I watched the scums game and to be honest at best he had an okay game , nothing special and nothing certainly to alert an England call up . Yes his passing was accurate , however that wasn't difficult on the day ,,,, because he had other players making space and movement , sadly something our lot rarely do . 
His first game for the scum was reasonable but nothing more , he has certainly played better for us without this nonsense written . Wish him the best but that will come at a price , Newcastle will not be far above us if even above us at the end of the season . Pardspew will implode before then and they will go off on one as usual .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-19, 11:36 am

froggy1973 wrote:Syd what sticks in my throat with the little Ginger tw*t is the way he did it saying wait till the end of the season and I'll sign a new contract if we stay up then basically sticking two fingers up at the fans who had supported him and the vast majority didn't hold his Newcastle roots against him and frankly if hrs England class now he was when he was with us and this is Typical Daily Fail bias against us!
But did he do that froggy or is that just what the club put out? My view on Jack is he wanted to play central midfield but whatever position he was asked to play he not only gave 100% but he excelled.
He was offered a new deal last summer that by all accounts was an insult, he knew he was never going to be first choice, managers will always play the player bought in before the local boy but he again never let us down.
Maybe Pardew saw what a succession of Sunderland managers missed, a good midfielder who could deliver a good dead ball.
Argus wrote:I've become exasperated at the inability of modern footballers to deliver a dead ball over the head of the nearest defender - whether it's a free kick or a corner - yet on Sunday Jack demonstrated that it's really not that difficult with a 100% success rate. His delivery was uncannily accurate, always provided a threat but thankfully the Toon were unable to capitalise, though I suspect that will change in the coming months.

In addition he did his usual terrier stuff in defence, with which we are all familiar and for me he was the best player in a black and white shirt.

Well done Jack, in my eyes you did nothing wrong by changing employers and Sunday showed why you probably made the correct decision.
Good assessment.
cretanmakem wrote:Well I watched the scums game and to be honest at best he had an okay game , nothing special and nothing certainly to alert an England call up . Yes his passing was accurate , however that wasn't difficult on the day ,,,, because he had other players making space and movement , sadly something our lot rarely do . 
His first game for the scum was reasonable but nothing more , he has certainly played better for us without this nonsense written . Wish him the best but that will come at a price , Newcastle will not be far above us if even above us at the end of the season . Pardspew will implode before then and they will go off on one as usual .
I watched the game and he did more than OK to me and very special dead ball delivery.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-08-19, 12:16 pm

My view is that he is not our player now, so I couldn't give two hoots about what he does.. He had my full support while he was here, but next time he plays us I will be slagging him off as loud as I can, because I very much suspect that Newcastle done a secret deal months before the transfer in order to do us out of a fee..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-19, 1:01 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:My view is that he is not our player now, so I couldn't give two hoots about what he does.. He had my full support while he was here, but next time he plays us I will be slagging him off as loud as I can, because I very much suspect that Newcastle done a secret deal months before the transfer in order to do us out of a fee..
Then you are a very unique man MrRAW because just about everyone I know does have an opinion on how jack did on Sunday.

There again your, "I will be slagging in off" TELLS ME THAT MAYBE YOU DO HAVE A VIEW AFTER ALL.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-08-19, 1:55 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:My view is that he is not our player now, so I couldn't give two hoots about what he does.. He had my full support while he was here, but next time he plays us I will be slagging him off as loud as I can, because I very much suspect that Newcastle done a secret deal months before the transfer in order to do us out of a fee..
Then you are a very unique man MrRAW because just about everyone I know does have an opinion on how jack did on Sunday.

There again your, "I will be slagging in off" TELLS ME THAT MAYBE YOU DO HAVE A VIEW AFTER ALL.
A view yes, but not on how he performs, but more on how I suspect that both him and the Skunks have brokered a deal in order to rip us off..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-19, 2:01 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

A view yes, but not on how he performs, but more on how I suspect that both him and the Skunks have brokered a deal in order to rip us off..
Well then those, like me, who are interested how a young lad who was with our club from the age of ten gets on at his new club can continue talking about him.

How he gets on and is used also says a lot on how we handled him, did you know how good he is at dead balls, I didnt and I would have thought our coaching staff should have.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-08-19, 2:51 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Well then those, like me, who are interested how a young lad who was with our club from the age of ten gets on at his new club can continue talking about him.

How he gets on and is used also says a lot on how we handled him, did you know how good he is at dead balls, I didnt and I would have thought our coaching staff should have.
And I still don't know to be honest, as I would not judge his overall dead ball ability based on one game..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-19, 2:56 pm

well one game is what we have and in that one game he had 100% success rate on his free kicks and corners so on that one game he looked good, indeed he looked very good to me.

but thats just me, a Colback fan.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-08-19, 3:27 pm

cyprussyd wrote:well one game is what we have and in that one game he had 100% success rate on his free kicks and corners so on that one game he looked good, indeed he looked very good to me.

Syd, I agree with every word you have posted in this thread for like you, I am  Colback fan.  When he left the club I wrote to him to thank him for his commitment to SAFC during his time here and to wish him success with his new club.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-19, 4:01 pm

lesmac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:well one game is what we have and in that one game he had 100% success rate on his free kicks and corners so on that one game he looked good, indeed he looked very good to me.

Syd, I agree with every word you have posted in this thread for like you, I am  Colback fan.  When he left the club I wrote to him to thank him for his commitment to SAFC during his time here and to wish him success with his new club.
Its oh so easy Les to let your eyes and heart be tainted by a bitter rivalry but I defy anyone to tell when Jack let us down, people may not rate him and that's fine, that's opinion but when has he let us down.

No scandals, stories of drunken rampages,, gambling, sex scandal or falling out with team mates.Every game 100% commitment and for me hearing of his love for Newcastle makes that commitment even more impressive.

MrRAW says one game but in that one game, IMO, we saw what we had let go and more importantly how we had underused Colback, rather than knock Jack we should be asking how we missed what Pardew saw.

Dont want to talk about Newcastle, fine, lets talk about Sunderland and their miss management,

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2014-08-19, 4:20 pm

My ManU supporting lad just turned '50 described J ack as the Scholes of Sunerland. We gave him a good grounding but his attitude on the pitch should be the yardstick to judge him by.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-08-19, 7:59 pm

I have never doubted his ability or commitment on the pitch for us, and I was always one of his most vocal supporters. However, I firmly believe that both him and that team based north of Gateshead have done the dirty on us, so all my respect is out of the window..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-19, 8:19 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:I have never doubted his ability or commitment on the pitch for us, and I was always one of his most vocal supporters. However, I firmly believe that both him and that team based north of Gateshead have done the dirty on us, so all my respect is out of the window..
And thats your choice, bad Jack leaving us because we offered him a shit deal and played him at full back and at the last minute midfield and shame on Newcastle for getting a top player on a free because we cocked up.

Doing the dirty or good business?

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-08-19, 8:35 pm

Canny first game, England class?  the winner is at the end of the game not the beginning.
lets see how he goes in the forthcoming season, As for England class. I agree, because Englands team is SHITE.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum