SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» A reality check
bruce - IS WICKHAM GOING BACK TO STEVE BRUCE ? EmptyToday at 1:35 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Mid week 07
bruce - IS WICKHAM GOING BACK TO STEVE BRUCE ? EmptyToday at 1:18 pm by Derro Jimmy

» Results Week 07
bruce - IS WICKHAM GOING BACK TO STEVE BRUCE ? EmptyToday at 1:04 pm by canary-dave

» Predictions
bruce - IS WICKHAM GOING BACK TO STEVE BRUCE ? EmptyToday at 12:32 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 11
bruce - IS WICKHAM GOING BACK TO STEVE BRUCE ? EmptyToday at 12:30 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 10
bruce - IS WICKHAM GOING BACK TO STEVE BRUCE ? EmptyToday at 12:30 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 09
bruce - IS WICKHAM GOING BACK TO STEVE BRUCE ? EmptyToday at 12:29 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 08
bruce - IS WICKHAM GOING BACK TO STEVE BRUCE ? EmptyToday at 12:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» League Table Week 07
bruce - IS WICKHAM GOING BACK TO STEVE BRUCE ? EmptyToday at 12:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Jack Ross
bruce - IS WICKHAM GOING BACK TO STEVE BRUCE ? EmptyToday at 12:10 pm by Kipper

IS WICKHAM GOING BACK TO STEVE BRUCE ?

Go down

bruce - IS WICKHAM GOING BACK TO STEVE BRUCE ? Empty IS WICKHAM GOING BACK TO STEVE BRUCE ?

Post  Guest on 2014-08-14, 8:12 pm

Or staying with Black Cats 

Latest news update: 4 hours 1 minute ago  Hull are being linked with a move for Sunderland striker Connor Wickham but Black Cats boss Gus Poyet wants him to stay. 

Target staying with Black Cats Wickham is heading into the final year of his current contract at the Stadium of Light and Poyet warned last month that he would be sold rather than be allowed to leave for nothing next summer. That led to offers coming in with West Ham having two bids turned down while the Tigers are also being linked, but Poyet would much rather keep the player. "That's the side I don't like about the transfer window, when somebody is trying to buy one of the players that you want to keep, that are so important," 

Poyet told Talksport. "There were no issues, no problems. Now when the offers come in, it makes it difficult for the boy. From my point of view, Connor is part of my plans. He has been incredible in pre-season, so I need him

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/hull-city/target-staying-with-black-cats-1736279.html 

Of course Tigers Fans are appalled that favourite Long has been sold to Soton but now everybody knows Hull have got £12m in their pocket to spend on a replacement. Wickham and Bruce like each other so .........

Back to top Go down

bruce - IS WICKHAM GOING BACK TO STEVE BRUCE ? Empty Re: IS WICKHAM GOING BACK TO STEVE BRUCE ?

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-14, 8:16 pm

If he gives us 12 mil then we will sell but even Bruce wont do that, will he?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

bruce - IS WICKHAM GOING BACK TO STEVE BRUCE ? Empty Re: IS WICKHAM GOING BACK TO STEVE BRUCE ?

Post  gil t azell on 2014-08-14, 8:25 pm

I expect him to be kicking off the season with us and to still be here at the end of it after signing a new contract.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-08-14, 8:29 pm

gil t azell wrote:I expect him to be kicking off the season with us and to still be here at the end of it after signing a new contract.
Me too  thumb
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-08-14, 8:56 pm

I've got to the point where I don't believe any of these stories anymore. They were supposedly after danny welbeck this morning !

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-14, 9:04 pm

fyldemackem wrote:I've got to the point where I don't believe any of these stories anymore. They were supposedly after danny welbeck this morning !
it was Borini yesterday.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-08-14, 11:47 pm

gil t azell wrote:I expect him to be kicking off the season with us and to still be here at the end of it after signing a new contract.

Me, FAR from convinced on this wish.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-08-15, 11:33 am

Well Brucie must have something in the pipeline for Hull, after letting Shane Long go...

All part of the bigger picture jig saw..........

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-08-15, 12:02 pm

silvers wrote:Well Brucie must have something in the pipeline for Hull, after letting Shane Long go...

Judging from his time with us....he has form for selling strikers and not having replacements lined up.

Last edited by sunderpitt on 2014-08-15, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-15, 12:27 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
silvers wrote:Well Brucie must have something in the pipeline for Hull, after letting Shane Long go...

Judging from his the me with us....he has form for selling strikers and not having replacements lined up.
yes

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-08-15, 2:46 pm

well Wickham has a squad number so he must be available for selection tomorrow..

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-15, 3:41 pm

silvers wrote:well Wickham has a squad number so he must be available for selection tomorrow..

Very Happy
so has graham  Embarassed

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-15, 4:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-08-15, 4:41 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
silvers wrote:well Wickham has a squad number so he must be available for selection tomorrow..

Very Happy
so has graham  Embarassed

soopah sub........

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-15, 7:02 pm

Poyet Unsure Of Wickham Future

By [url=http://www.sbnation.com/users/Andy Tomlinson]Andy Tomlinson[/url]  @SAFCsource on Aug 15 2014, 6:49p [size=13]+ [/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mark Runnacles
[size]

Gus Poyet has reiterated that Connor Wickham is very much part of his first team plans but has admitted that he doesn't know what the future holds for the striker.
After being the star turn of Sunderland's great escape at the end of the season, the club have been hoping to tie Connor Wickham down to a new contract due to the player only have one year left on his existing deal. The two sides have been unable to reach agreement so far, which has led to speculation that his future may lay away from the Stadium of Light.
Gus Poyet has said that despite the contract wrangle Wickham is still part of his plans and his hoping to see him continue the form he showed at the end of last season but admitted that he is unsure of what will happen to the striker in the future;
[/size]
Connor has been in my plans from - I would say - the last eight games of last season when he was playing all the time.
I'm looking forward to seeing him in the same kind of form, playing for us and scoring goals.
Then, in the future, what is going to happen is difficult to know.
[size]
West Ham United were linked to the player and a bid of around £5m was rejected by the club but they have since moved to sign Metz striker Diafra Sakho, seemingly ending their pursuit of Wickham. Crystal Palace were another club linked with the striker, there were even suggestions that a failure to secure Wickham was one of the factors in Tony Pulis' surprise departure.
With no shortage of interest in the striker, Poyet was not surprised that a bid came in for Wickham, something he always expects to happen when the transfer window is open;
[/size]
I'm ready for someone to come in for any player because that's football. When you start the season with the transfer window open, you have to be ready for bids.
[size]
Although the 21-year-old cannot leave for free at the end of the season should his contract expire, as compensation will be decided upon by a tribunal if the buying club cannot agree a deal with Sunderland, Poyet and Lee Congerton will be desperately hoping not to lose a player who has finally come good after the club took a huge financial risk on him as an 18-year-old.[/size]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-08-15, 7:21 pm

it doesnt look like connor is keen to sign another contract so we might as well sell him to the biggest bidder.i think gus might be publicissing that connor is available to get other clubs than hull to bid

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-15, 7:37 pm

safc4eva wrote:it doesnt look like connor is keen to sign another contract so we might as well sell him to the biggest bidder.i think gus might be publicissing that connor is available to get other clubs than hull to bid
Or he may be saying I want you Connor but not at any price, get it sorted or I will

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-08-15, 8:01 pm

if its about money then connor cannot lose.he gets what he wants off us or he goes somewhere else and gets it,either now or at the end of the season.if he stays for another year he gets even more and we get nothing.gus cannot win,.connor is young enough to stay put and not get a game and get a big signing on fee next close season.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-15, 8:10 pm

safc4eva wrote:if its about money then connor cannot lose.he gets what he wants off us or he goes somewhere else and gets it,either now or at the end of the season.if he stays for another year he gets even more and we get nothing.gus cannot win,.connor is young enough to stay put and not get a game and get a big signing on fee next close season.
The problem with assumptions is you assume them.

Contract negotiations are ongoing and the nature of negotiations is one wants best deal he can get and one wants best deal for club, hopefully they meet midway. If Connor leaves at the end of his contract we get paid, how much, ???

It may be about money but I suspects its money, will he get games if Borini signs, what other options does he have. A fool would just sign without negotiating.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-08-15, 9:54 pm

Sorry. But when I posted this I expected EVERYONE to say, "No way jose. CW is staying."

But apparently not.

The answer must be another Colback. Safc are taking the wee.

Give me the money or else I go (says his agent ?)

Hull must be desperate by now. Don't forget they need European cover too.

IMHO. Trouble is they cocked up Colback and I see them doing the same again here. CW only shows promise today. Tomorrow he is world class or Barnsley. He is a gamble and we are lucky that GP was  lucky too.

Otherwise it could have been Huddersfield last week. Commonsense says keep him, but since when was that the basic rule in football.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-08-15, 11:43 pm

BRUCE = MINDGAMES =SHITE

Spuggy why bother if its got Bruces name on it ? Remember when he was at Brum, bought four million players, virtually bankrupted the club, and achieved nowt. Hull will find this out before too long, and as if you didn't notice, Fergie didn't recommend him for the devils job.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-08-16, 2:34 am

billofengland wrote:BRUCE = MINDGAMES =SHITE

Spuggy why bother if its got Bruces name on it ? Remember when he was at Brum, bought four million players, virtually bankrupted the club, and achieved nowt. Hull will find this out before too long, and as if you didn't notice, Fergie didn't recommend him for the devils job.

Who did he.....oh yer Saint David of Liverpool  rof rof rof 

Ps, Are Hull the new Stoke for Sunderland?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-08-16, 9:07 am

As you mention Hull, no less a sage than Syd has them for relegation. In fact he calls them "Hull 0" which must show their scoring record !

Every year Bruces teams do badly in the final run up to the seasons end, and this year they might have "2nd year in the EPL syndrome" made worse with their trip into Europe with a small and average ability squad.

Yes he got Huddlestone in and Safc got Fletcher and Graham from under his nose. And He's turned around Meyler and Elmo into decent players.

So his record at raiding the SoL is good and worth repeating ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-08-16, 11:48 am

Got to agree with the Brucey mind games, or is that tapping up who knows?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum