SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions week 04
Frank Lampard: Manchester City will pay all of midfielder's wages EmptyToday at 2:50 pm by Lever Malone

» American Billionaire Group close to takeover
Frank Lampard: Manchester City will pay all of midfielder's wages EmptyToday at 2:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Loovens gone
Frank Lampard: Manchester City will pay all of midfielder's wages EmptyToday at 11:36 am by barrowmackem

» SunderMad Connecticut branch
Frank Lampard: Manchester City will pay all of midfielder's wages EmptyToday at 5:59 am by oxfordshire

» Chris Maguire on his difficult season at Bury
Frank Lampard: Manchester City will pay all of midfielder's wages EmptyYesterday at 6:40 pm by barrowmackem

» Cattermole
Frank Lampard: Manchester City will pay all of midfielder's wages EmptyYesterday at 6:37 pm by barrowmackem

» SUNDERLAND V AFC Wimbledon
Frank Lampard: Manchester City will pay all of midfielder's wages EmptyYesterday at 4:47 pm by Vincemac

» Leafue Table Mid week 3
Frank Lampard: Manchester City will pay all of midfielder's wages Empty2019-08-21, 7:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Mid week 3
Frank Lampard: Manchester City will pay all of midfielder's wages Empty2019-08-21, 7:49 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» RESULTS OF WEEK 2 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 3
Frank Lampard: Manchester City will pay all of midfielder's wages Empty2019-08-21, 9:59 am by Mackemneil

Frank Lampard: Manchester City will pay all of midfielder's wages

Go down

Frank Lampard: Manchester City will pay all of midfielder's wages Empty Frank Lampard: Manchester City will pay all of midfielder's wages

Post  Guest on 2014-08-04, 2:55 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28635053

Frank Lampard: Manchester City will pay all of midfielder's wages

Manchester City will pay all of Frank Lampard's wages during his loan spell with the club, amid suggestions they are using the deal to bypass Uefa's Financial Fair Play regulations.

Lampard, 36, signed on a free for New York City last month - who are part-owned by Manchester City - and with the MLS season not starting until March he will spend the next six months at City.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger questioned whether the move was designed to "get round" FFP rules - which Manchester City failed to meet last season.

"Is it a way to get around the fair play? I don't know," said Wenger.

"It looks like all of these 'City' clubs will feed the main club Manchester City - I heard they want to buy five clubs all over the world.

"I don't know the rules well enough, but they bought a franchise for £59.4m to play in the States next season."

[th]Blues around the world - Manchester City's affiliated clubs [/th]
New York Cityfrom 2013 (partnership with New York Yankees)
Melbourne Cityfrom 2014 (partnership with rugby league team Melbourne Storm)
Yokohama F Marinosfrom 2014 (partnership with car maker Nissan)

Lampard left Chelsea in the summer after his contract expired and it is understood City will pay his entire salary while he is with them and New York City will take responsibility thereafter.

The midfielder will become one of the minimum five homegrown players City need in their 21-man Champions League squad to comply with FFP.

City feel they have no need to dodge FFP because they are now breaking even and on course to comply with the regulations going forward.

The club's failure to comply with FFP last season resulted in a fine and restrictions on their wage bill and squad size.

They have been restricted to a 21-man Champions League squad this year - with eight home-grown players required in their Premier League squad.

"At the moment the players they sign cannot play until next year so they will register them in the other clubs and can get out on loan," added Wenger, who ruled out Arsenal employing similar methods in the future.

"We are happy to dedicate the money to just run our club - there is not a lot of surplus to run other clubs, " he said.

Back to top Go down

Frank Lampard: Manchester City will pay all of midfielder's wages Empty Re: Frank Lampard: Manchester City will pay all of midfielder's wages

Post  Guest on 2014-08-04, 4:32 pm

I for one would have been very pleased to have Lamps play for us...

Back to top Go down

Frank Lampard: Manchester City will pay all of midfielder's wages Empty Re: Frank Lampard: Manchester City will pay all of midfielder's wages

Post  canary-dave on 2014-08-04, 4:42 pm

Good old Arsene "I didn't see it" Whinger changes tack to, "I don't know the rules but I'll stir a bit and see what happens!"  Twisted Evil

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-08-04, 10:24 pm

canary-dave wrote:Good old Arsene "I didn't see it" Whinger changes tack to, "I don't know the rules but I'll stir a bit and see what happens!"  Twisted Evil
Maybe so Dave but I'd be pretty sure he spot on. Just a larger version of the shirt scam that's been used for years.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2014-08-05, 5:53 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
canary-dave wrote:Good old Arsene "I didn't see it" Whinger changes tack to, "I don't know the rules but I'll stir a bit and see what happens!"  Twisted Evil
Maybe so Dave but I'd be pretty sure he spot on. Just a larger version of the shirt scam that's been used for years.

You could well be right BCK, it just amused me that he actually said, "I don't know the rules<" then went on to query it anyway! Just struck me as funny!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-05, 6:08 am

For me its well done Arsen for asking the question. Far to many seem scared of doing so, must not upset these big hitters but Arsen has never been shy of asking the questions, a ma I like a lot.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-08-05, 7:15 am

cyprussyd wrote:For me its well done Arsen for asking the question. Far to many seem scared of doing so, must not upset these big hitters but Arsen has never been shy of asking the questions, a ma I like a lot.

I wonder if they'll have the balls to bring a charge of "bringing the game into disrepute" or just fine him  scratch 

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum