SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Week 08
Portugal EmptyToday at 4:06 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Sunderland Goalkeeper suffers broken arm
Portugal EmptyToday at 3:14 pm by Kipper

» Bolton Wanders v Sunderland AFC
Portugal EmptyToday at 12:02 pm by barrowmackem

» Jack Ross
Portugal EmptyToday at 9:56 am by Kipper

» Has Donald been told to zip it
Portugal EmptyYesterday at 9:36 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions Week 11
Portugal EmptyYesterday at 9:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 10
Portugal EmptyYesterday at 9:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 09
Portugal EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» FFP, FPP
Portugal EmptyYesterday at 10:27 am by Kipper

» RESULTS OF WEEK 5 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 6
Portugal Empty2019-09-18, 9:28 pm by Hieronymus

Portugal

Go down

Portugal Empty Portugal

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-25, 10:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
We will follow the team, look out for new arrivals and preview the games.

Any pics or gossip add in.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Portugal Empty Re: Portugal

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-26, 6:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

VIDEO: SAFSee in Portugal - Day One

Published: 25 July, 2014
by SAFSee

Take a peek behind the scenes!
SAFSee has joined the Sunderland players in Portugal and has been granted behind-the-scenes access during the trip.
We'll be bringing you daily videos from the Black Cats camp - watch the first one above!

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-26, 6:21 am

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-26, 3:56 pm

New boy put through his paces

Published: 26 July, 2014
by Stuart Vose

van Aanholt trains alongside new team-mates.
Latest signing Patrick van Aanholt has linked up with his new team-mates in Portugal.
The left-back was amongst the group that trained this morning having completed his move from Chelsea.
The former Chelsea youngster was quickly into his stride as he prepares for a new challenge having spent last season on loan with Dutch club Vitesse.
van Aanholt, who is Sunderland's fourth summer signing, could make his debut in a few days' time when the Black Cats take on Recreativo de Huelva on Tuesday (July 29, KO 8pm).
Meanwhile Jozy Altidore is also with the squad having been given some extra time off following the World Cup.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-26, 3:58 pm

[size=49]Poyet turns up the heat[/size]

Published: 26 July, 2014
by Stuart Vose

Hard work well under way at training camp.
The squad were hard at work in the sun on the first full day of their trip to Portugal.
Gus Poyet's side, who are training twice a day at their Algarve base, were up and out early this morning after a spot of breakfast.
Following a warm-up in the hotel grounds, it was down to business on the training pitch, with runs and fitness drills on the agenda before the footballs came out for some tactical work.
Take a look at some photos from this morning's session above.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-26, 7:38 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-27, 1:21 pm

Pre-season has been tough - as hard as I’ve done personally so it's only going to benefit us
- Lee Cattermole

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-07-27, 4:37 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Pre-season has been tough - as hard as I’ve done personally so it's only going to benefit us
- Lee Cattermole
Players seem to say this every year...  wimps  tongue
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-28, 7:13 am

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-28, 5:41 pm

Poyet: Players progressing well

Published: 28 July, 2014
by Stuart Vose

Head coach reviews first few days in Portugal.
Gus Poyet is pleased with the progress made by his players so far at their pre-season training camp in Portugal.
The squad jetted out to the Algarve last Friday and have spent the last few days training twice a day in the heat, working on both fitness and the more technical side of the game.
“Firstly the hotel, the pitch and the people here have been fantastic,” Poyet said. “Of course, it's hot but we're managing the time.
“The first day was probably the most difficult for the players, coming in here and training on the Friday.
“Saturday and Sunday were very good, high intensity with everyone paying attention.
“We've already finished the longest runs in England, so here it's very short and sharp.
“That gives me plenty of time, practically an hour [of coaching] in the morning plus the whole session in the afternoon on technical and tactical – the most important parts.
“We are really using the time to make the players understand what we want from them.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-28, 8:46 pm

Dinner time in Portugal, I wonder who the high chair is for, a wee Italian maybe..

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-07-28, 8:52 pm

My brother's daughter and her hubby has just headed out to the Algarve, so hopefully will keep an eye on the lads to stop them getting up to any mischief..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-28, 8:57 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:My brother's daughter and her hubby has just headed out to the Algarve, so hopefully will keep an eye on the lads to stop them getting up to any mischief..
Miss Panda I take it

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-28, 9:24 pm

PvA gets in a sticky situation- traditional song for the new lad!

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-07-28, 9:35 pm

cyprussyd wrote:PvA gets in a sticky situation- traditional song for the new lad!

Portugal BtqD_ZDIQAA3yNG

I wouldn't take him on in a musical chairs challenge!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-07-28, 10:05 pm

Ah, but he would have to stick to the rules... only shoulder to shoulder ..

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-07-28, 10:12 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:My brother's daughter and her hubby has just headed out to the Algarve, so hopefully will keep an eye on the lads to stop them getting up to any mischief..
Miss Panda I take it
That's the one..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-28, 10:16 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-29, 6:20 am

Sharp Shooters

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-29, 6:04 pm

Youngsters join squad in Portugal

Published: 29 July, 2014
by Stuart Vose

Development squad members set for another opportunity in tonight's friendly.
Following their game against Boston United over the weekend, a number of members of the under-21 side linked up with Sunderland's first team squad on the Algarve.
The youngsters, who have been joined by coach Robbie Stockdale, impressed against Carlisle and Hartlepool and will now be given an opportunity to play in Portugal.
Mikael Mandron scored the winner against the Cumbrians at Brunton Park before an U21 side produced a superb performance after being introduced in the second half at Hartlepool, scoring three goals without reply.
Tonight's opponents finished eighth in the Spanish second division last year and are managed by Jose Luis Oltra.
The game is the first of two in as many days for Gus Poyet's side, who face Madeira-based Portuguese outfit CD Nacional on Wednesday evening.
Nacional finished fifth in the Portuguese top flight last season, qualifying for the UEFA Europa League.
The 10-day trip will then be rounded off with a third game, against Portuguese top-flight side Vitoria Setubal on Saturday.
Your official website will be carrying full coverage, including a live blog and social updates from the Estadio Muncipal de Albufeira, plus full post-match reaction and highlights.
A one-minute video round-up will be available in the hours following the game, with 10 minutes of extended highlights to follow on Wednesday.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-07-29, 6:12 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Youngsters join squad in Portugal

by Stuart Vose

Following their game against Boston United over the weekend, a number of members of the under-21 side linked up with Sunderland's first team squad on the Algarve.
The youngsters, who have been joined by coach Robbie Stockdale, impressed against Carlisle and Hartlepool and will now be given an opportunity to play in Portugal.
Mikael Mandron scored the winner against the Cumbrians at Brunton Park before an U21 side produced a superb performance after being introduced in the second half at Hartlepool, scoring three goals without reply.
Tonight's opponents finished eighth in the Spanish second division last year and are managed by Jose Luis Oltra.
The game is the first of two in as many days for Gus Poyet's side, who face Madeira-based Portuguese outfit CD Nacional on Wednesday evening.
Nacional finished fifth in the Portuguese top flight last season, qualifying for the UEFA Europa League.
The 10-day trip will then be rounded off with a third game, against Portuguese top-flight side Vitoria Setubal on Saturday.
Your official website will be carrying full coverage, including a live blog and social updates from the Estadio Muncipal de Albufeira, plus full post-match reaction and highlights.
A one-minute video round-up will be available in the hours following the game, with 10 minutes of extended highlights to follow on Wednesday.

Apart from Mandron, who is has arrived in Portugal - any idea?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-29, 6:14 pm

Siddall wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Youngsters join squad in Portugal

by Stuart Vose

Apart from Mandron, who is has arrived in Portugal - any idea?
No idea, more gripes about the SAFC site, why tell u kids have gone but not tell us who

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-29, 6:42 pm

Agnew, Smith, Watmore, Ferguson, Mandron among the Sunderland youngsters

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-07-29, 10:06 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Pre-season has been tough - as hard as I’ve done personally so it's only going to benefit us
- Lee Cattermole
Players seem to say this every year...  wimps  tongue

A little birdie told me his times last year were well below the previous season & he's usually at the back of the pack in training. Maybe this year he'll get fit  affraid

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum