SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland vs Benfica B - Thursday 18th July
Gus, The kids and yes, Borini EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Got my pass, have you got yours?
Gus, The kids and yes, Borini EmptyYesterday at 9:01 pm by Vincemac

» Good Luck
Gus, The kids and yes, Borini Empty2019-07-17, 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
Gus, The kids and yes, Borini Empty2019-07-17, 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
Gus, The kids and yes, Borini Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Gus, The kids and yes, Borini Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
Gus, The kids and yes, Borini Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

» Love departs
Gus, The kids and yes, Borini Empty2019-07-14, 9:08 am by barrowmackem

» McGeady
Gus, The kids and yes, Borini Empty2019-07-14, 9:06 am by barrowmackem

» Twitter 1
Gus, The kids and yes, Borini Empty2019-07-12, 5:19 pm by Hieronymus

Gus, The kids and yes, Borini

Go down

Gus, The kids and yes, Borini Empty Gus, The kids and yes, Borini

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-22, 7:21 am

Poyet to give fringe players a chance, while Borini's agent hints at Liverpool stay

7:02am Tuesday 22nd July 2014 in Sport

The Northern Echo: 

Sunderland remain hopeful of landing Fabio Borini after agreeing a fee with Liverpool

SUNDERLAND head coach Gus Poyet will give fringe players Charis Mavrias and Duncan Watmore the chance to earn a place in his first-team squad next season, but Fabio Borini’s agent has reportedly poured cold water over his protracted move to the Stadium of Light.

The Black Cats agreed terms on a £14m deal for the Italian striker, but the 23-year-old was part of the Liverpool squad which arrived in the USA over the weekend.

Club officials are still confident of landing Borini, who impressed during his season-long loan last term, but his agent has hinted the striker is still keen to stay at Anfield, despite the imminent arrival of Loic Remy.

“Sunderland have made a large offer of €18 million to sign him, but Fabio wants to stay [in Liverpool],” Marco de Marchi said. “His project with Liverpool started two years ago when he left Roma; he began a journey and it is a major project for him.

“He should not be judged on his first year; he was out for six months with various injuries and during the past year he took a step back by going to Sunderland and he has had an extraordinary season.

“His future? Now, after the loan, Liverpool have not told me anything. I think he will stay, he is convinced that he will play.

“Sterling, Sturridge, Lambert and now Remy? At Roma he was with Totti, Osvaldo, Lamela and Bojan. He has no fear of playing alongside anyone, and for me he can play a part within any top club.”

The Black Cats got their pre-season schedule underway with a 5-1 win over Darlington on Saturday in a game that saw Mavrias and Watmore play in unfamiliar right-back roles.

Despite adding free agents Billy Jones, Costel Pantilimon and Jordi Gomez to his squad, Poyet was forced to play some players out of position as he continues his search for reinforcements.

Jones was moved across to play at left-back, while wingers Watmore and Mavrias played a half each at right-back.

Mavrias’ future on Wearside has been the subject of speculation having made just four appearances in his first season at the Stadium of Light following a £2m move from Panathinaikos.

He was part of Sunderland’s disastrous summer recruitment drive that saw the likes of Cabral, Modibo Diakite, Valentin Roberge and David Moberg Karlsson arrive and subsequently fail to impress, but Poyet is keen to give the 20-year-old Greek international a second chance.

In Watmore’s case, the 20-year-old starred for Kevin Ball’s development side last season, before Scottish Premier League side Hibernian took him on loan during the second half of the campaign.

He was promoted to train with the first-team at the start of pre-season and it is likely both Watmore and Mavrias will be given more opportunities to shine in Sunderland’s pre-season games at Carlisle tonight and Hartlepool tomorrow, while they could also be included in the party that travels to Portugal at the end of this week.

“I would like to thank Charis (Mavrias) and Duncan (Watmore) for playing right-back, because as you know, we don’t really have many options there,” Poyet said.

“The boys were fantastic and had no problem at all to do that job for us. It’s good for the team, and great experience for them. But we need some changes because it was not easy to make those two back fours.

“But then they need to show me. You can say that the opposition was from a very low division, but we are going to play against Carlisle and Hartlepool, then it is Recreativo de Huelva.

“That will prove if they are good enough to be part of the final squad, which will probably not be named until the last day of August, like everybody suspects.”

Poyet was without Ignacio Scocco, Adam Johnson, Liam Bridcutt and Jozy Altidore on Saturday.

Scocco is close to ending a nightmare six months on Wearside, in which he made just eight appearances following a £3.3m move from Internacional in January.

Poyet revealed he considered keeping the 29-year-old, but the Argentine’s former club Newell’s Old Boys are front runners to sign the striker despite late interest from River Plate.

The Black Cats boss said: “My first idea was to keep Nacho. I knew it would be difficult for a player coming from Argentina or Brazil into the Premier League like he did.

“We were in a fight and he’s not that type of player. He needs the team to be controlling games for him to do his bit. So my idea was to keep him and put him through pre-season like everybody else. But there are options, and everything is being analysed. We will see what happens.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Gus, The kids and yes, Borini Empty Re: Gus, The kids and yes, Borini

Post  Guest on 2014-07-23, 12:49 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28383413

22 July 2014 Last updated at 23:41

[*]

Gus, The kids and yes, Borini _76387961_borini_ap
Borini scored four goals in Sunderland's last five league games last season
22 July 2014 Last updated at 23:41

Fabio Borini: Sunderland agree fee but await talks with Liverpool man
Fabio Borini's £14m move from Liverpool to Sunderland is yet to be completed.
The clubs have agreed a fee but the striker still needs to agree personal terms and will play for Liverpool in the friendly with AS Roma on Wednesday.
Black Cats boss Gus Poyet said they needed to "get in touch with the player and start negotiating", while Reds boss Brendan Rodgers said Borini is "considering" the possible move.
Borini, 23, spent last season on loan at Sunderland and helped them stay up.
Sunderland manager Poyet is keen to push the deal through but admitted: "The agreement was with the club, not with the player.
Gus, The kids and yes, Borini _76390879_borini_rodgers_epa
Borini worked with Rodgers at the Chelsea academy and also while on loan at Swansea
"You never know how long [negotiations with the player] will take."
Italy international Borini scored 10 goals during his stint at the Stadium of Light and picked up the club's young player of the year award as they avoided relegation from the Premier League.
Borini was Rodgers' first signing as Liverpool boss and moved to Anfield from Roma for about £11m in July 2012.
However, the forward struggled to make an impact on Merseyside, scoring just two goals in the 2012-13 campaign before his loan move to Sunderland.
His first goal for Poyet's side was the winner in the derby against Newcastle in October 2013, and he scored four goals in their final five league games of last season - including a winner against Premier League title chasers Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
Borini also helped Sunderland reach the Capital One Cup final and scored the opening goal at Wembley, but ended up on the losing side as they were beaten by Manchester City.
The striker returned to Liverpool for pre-season and started in the club's first friendly, a 2-1 defeat away at Danish club Brondby on Wednesday, before a fee was agreed with Sunderland.
If he completes the move he will become Sunderland's fourth summer signing following the arrivals of midfielder Jordi Gomez from Wigan, defender Billy Jones from West Bromwich Albion and keeper Costel Pantilimon from Manchester City.

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2014-07-23, 6:27 am

Logic Remy had a medical in Boston last night prior to signing for Liverpool. Borini would be further down the pecking order again.
His agent, as most do, is talking b*llocks. Borini will be ours it's just getting the wages and bonuses right.
Might even play in Portugal at the weekend yet.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-23, 7:16 am

TBH Gill I'm past caring and that's in the main down to last night.

Borini, Alonso have taken up a lot of our time, will they wont they, do they want to?

Last night we had 2 teams out at Carlisle, those who will be a big part of next season, some who will be gone and a lot who are hoping.

So I will still be looking at the gossip, searching for news, thats all part of the window for me but, my efforts will be on Hartlepool tonight then Portugal and the players who ARE in the Sunderland shirt.

I am well aware it was Darlington then Carlisle but there was a good feel and good signs with Jones and Gomez showing early signs and Wickham do himself no harm. 

I just have a feeling that things will slot into place and Gus will get it right.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-07-23, 12:18 pm

Loic Remy to have medical at today at Liverpool. Could it be that despite what borini's agent has been saying that in reality Liverpool have been holding the deal up until Remy has actually signed. I seem to remember on the initial stages poyet was saying Sunderland were waiting on some document....just a thought.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-07-23, 4:16 pm

See Fabio is playing for Liverpool tonight against A.S Roma in Boston.....Hope it's his farewell appearance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-07-23, 7:54 pm

Rokerroar wrote:Loic Remy to have medical at today at Liverpool. Could it be that despite what borini's agent has been saying that in reality Liverpool have been holding the deal up until Remy has actually signed. I seem to remember on the initial stages poyet was saying Sunderland were waiting on some document....just a thought.

..that makes sense.......

Very Happy  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-07-23, 9:14 pm

What makes more sense mate is he just doesn't fancy coming to us and just doesn't want to say so.
Still think we should move on now and look elsewhere as much as I rate the lad he is a Euro competition footballer who wants European football to put himself in the window for a better team possibly back in Italy.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-23, 9:20 pm

well the kids did themselves no harm tonight

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-24, 6:30 am

SUNDERLAND target Fabio Borini was forced off with a shoulder injury in his latest outing for Liverpool tonight.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-07-24, 12:15 pm

talcnturnip wrote:What makes more sense mate is he just doesn't fancy coming to us and just doesn't want to say so.
Still think we should move on now and look elsewhere as much as I rate the lad he is a Euro competition footballer who wants European football to put himself in the window for a better team possibly back in Italy.

I have to say I believe that if Borini was coming here it would have happened by now..

Plus the news from Syd that he has sustained a shoulder injury playing in Liverpool's game, is not good news.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum