SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
Sunderland 5 v 1 Darlington 1883 EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
Sunderland 5 v 1 Darlington 1883 EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
Sunderland 5 v 1 Darlington 1883 Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
Sunderland 5 v 1 Darlington 1883 Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
Sunderland 5 v 1 Darlington 1883 Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
Sunderland 5 v 1 Darlington 1883 Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Sunderland 5 v 1 Darlington 1883 Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
Sunderland 5 v 1 Darlington 1883 Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
Sunderland 5 v 1 Darlington 1883 Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Sunderland 5 v 1 Darlington 1883 Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

Sunderland 5 v 1 Darlington 1883

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sunderland 5 v 1 Darlington 1883 Empty Sunderland 5 v 1 Darlington 1883

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-18, 10:48 pm

Preview: Sunderland  v  Darlington 1883

Published: 18 July, 2014
by Stuart Vose

Pre-season campaign kicks off at Heritage Park.
Saturday sees Sunderland kick off their programme of pre-season friendlies with a trip to Heritage Park to take on Darlington 1883 (KO 3pm).
The Quakers, bossed by former Sunderland man Martin Gray, play in the Evo-Stik First Division North having been re-formed following the liquidation of the old Darlington FC.
Sunderland’s allocation of tickets for the game are sold out, with fans keen to get a glimpse of new signings Costel Pantilimon, Jordi Gomez and Billy Jones.

The team have been training for two weeks and now we are starting to play games, as a player that is what you want to do so we will enjoy it
- Jordi Gomez

All three – who met the media at a press event on Thursday – could be involved, with Gus Poyet likely to give game time to a wide range of players.
“We have done some hard work but at this stage of the season it is important to work hard so you get the benefits during the season,” midfielder Gomez said ahead of the game.
“The team have been training for two weeks and now we are starting to play games, as a player that is what you want to do so we will enjoy it.”
Former West Brom defender Jones added: “It has been a good, hard pre-season as you would expect and we have put a lot of good work in, so now we are looking forward to the pre-season trip and playing some games.
“I am looking forward to the challenge of hopefully getting the shirt to keep and working hard to stay in the team.”
The Black Cats have been back in pre-season training for a little under two weeks and Saturday’s match is the first of three games in five days.
Poyet’s men will also travel to Carlisle and Hartlepool ahead of their pre-season training camp in Portugal.
The Darlington squad – who begin their season on the same day the Barclays Premier League kicks off – have already got two friendly outings under their belts.
A 2-1 defeat at Newcastle Benfield was followed by a 5-0 victory over Northallerton Town, with new signing and former Gateshead man Liam Hatch on target.
Meanwhile Graeme Armstrong scored twice, along with Amar Purewal and Tom Portas.
If you haven’t got a ticket for the game, full coverage will be available on safc.com, including a live blog, while updates will be running on social media.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 4:43 pm; edited 7 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sunderland 5 v 1 Darlington 1883 Empty Re: Sunderland 5 v 1 Darlington 1883

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-07-18, 10:53 pm

I would have loved to have gone to this game, but alas I'm working...

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 8:49 am

Full coverage of opening friendly

Published: 18 July, 2014
by Stuart Vose

Keep fully up-to-date from Heritage Park on official website.
Saturday’s opening friendly at Darlington 1883 is sold out – but safc.com has you covered if you can’t make it to Heritage Park.
We’ll be bringing you a live blog with minute-by-minute updates as Gus Poyet’s side kick off their pre-season campaign.
Meanwhile there’ll be plenty of content accessible via the club’s Twitter account –[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] plus goal updates on Facebook and Google+.
Stick around after the game for a full report plus reaction from head coach Poyet and the players as they look back on a first pre-season run-out.
Meanwhile highlights will be available later on Saturday evening via the club’s free-to-air video service, SAFSee.
All you need to register for FREE is your email address – find out more.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 1:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 2:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 2:20 pm

Squad

Costel Pantilimon, Billy Jones, Alfred N'Diaye, Wes Brown, Lee Cattermole, Seb Larsson, Steven Fletcher, Connor Wickham, Jordan Pickford, Jordi Gomez, Max Clayton, John O'Shea, Charis Mavrias, Modibo Diakite, El Hadji Ba, Emanuele Giaccherini, Cabral, Mannone, Roberge, Moberg Karlsson, Duncan Watmore, David Ferguson.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 2:30 pm

no Bridcut or Johnson

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 3:02 pm

Starting line-up: 

Sunderland: Mannone, Watmore, Roberge, O'Shea, Jones, Cabral, Larsson, Ba, Honeyman, Moberg Karlsson, Fletcher.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 3:17 pm

Goal Fletcher

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 3:19 pm

13' GOAL! DARLINGTON 1883 0 SUNDERLAND 1. The Black Cats take the lead with their first goal of the pre-season and a well-worked move to boot. Watmore drove at the defence before slipping the ball through for Clayton, whose low delivery was finished by Steven Fletcher from three yards.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 3:24 pm

20' GOAL! Darlington 0 Sunderland 2. The Black Cats double their advantage and it's Fletcher again. The visitors won the ball back after the free-kick was cleared and George Honeyman rolled the ball into the path of Fletcher, who stroked the pass home from close range.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 3:31 pm

28' Great double save from Jameson in the Darlington goal as he twice blocks vicious efforts from Fletcher.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 3:34 pm

30' Sunderland break well as Cabral threads a ball through for Fletcher before Ba receives possession in the box, but the midfielder slips at the vital moment and Darlington clear. Half-hearted claims for a penalty are rejected.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 3:35 pm

31' Cabral and Fletcher race away on the end of a through-ball - but the offside flag's up to prevent what would have been a certain goal.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 3:37 pm

34' Great save! Thompson heads a cross goalwards at the near post, but Mannone blocks brilliantly!

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 3:41 pm

37' Nine players in total warming up on the near-side touchline - looks like a fair few half-time changes!

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 3:45 pm

Now 11 players warming up, new team second half I guess

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 3:49 pm

44' Another opportunity for the visitors - this time it's El Hadji Ba, whose shot is blocked after Clayton picked him out with a low ball across the box.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 3:52 pm

HT so what are the positives and yes I know its only Darlington but..

Whatmore doing well at right back
Clayton good half
CABRAL, could he be the surprise of the new season
Fletcher, 2 goals so good first game, well half game.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 3:52 pm

Guessing second half XI will be: Costel, Mavrias, Brown, Diakite, Ferguson, N'Diaye, Cattermole, Giaccherini, DMK, Gomez, Wickham

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-07-19, 4:02 pm

cyprussyd wrote:HT so what are the positives and yes I know its only Darlington but..

Whatmore doing well at right back
Clayton good half
CABRAL, could he be the surprise of the new season
Fletcher, 2 goals so good first game, well half game.
Watmore playing right back?????? He is a winger/forward!!

Thanks for all the updates - have been watching the golf which has just finished.  Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 4:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Sunderland AFC         @SAFCofficial
Follow

Pantilimon warming up alongside Giaccherini is a sight to behold! The Italian just passes the Bidvest on the keeper's jumper!

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 4:04 pm

Sunderland re-emerge for the second half with more than a few changes...here we go...

Pantilimon, Mavrias, Ferguson, Diakite, Brown, N'Diaye, Cattermole, Gomez, Moberg Karlsson, Giaccherini, Wickham.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 4:06 pm

Mavrias playing right-back for second half, DMK on the right, Giaccherini on the left

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-19, 4:07 pm

Darlington 0 #safc 3. Giaccherini 47mins

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: