SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Favourites
Firesale sees Sunderland set to take big loss on N’Diaye EmptyYesterday at 6:38 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Retained List
Firesale sees Sunderland set to take big loss on N’Diaye Empty2019-06-16, 8:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Lee Cattermole
Firesale sees Sunderland set to take big loss on N’Diaye Empty2019-06-16, 9:30 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» I fell for that!
Firesale sees Sunderland set to take big loss on N’Diaye Empty2019-06-14, 10:37 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland Legends
Firesale sees Sunderland set to take big loss on N’Diaye Empty2019-06-14, 9:40 am by Hieronymus

» Molyneux gone
Firesale sees Sunderland set to take big loss on N’Diaye Empty2019-06-14, 9:33 am by Hieronymus

» what would you do?
Firesale sees Sunderland set to take big loss on N’Diaye Empty2019-06-14, 8:28 am by Kipper

» Killing the golden goose
Firesale sees Sunderland set to take big loss on N’Diaye Empty2019-06-12, 9:21 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Its happened
Firesale sees Sunderland set to take big loss on N’Diaye Empty2019-06-12, 8:56 am by cyprussyd

» Takeover
Firesale sees Sunderland set to take big loss on N’Diaye Empty2019-06-11, 8:51 am by Kipper

Firesale sees Sunderland set to take big loss on N’Diaye

Go down

Firesale sees Sunderland set to take big loss on N’Diaye Empty Firesale sees Sunderland set to take big loss on N’Diaye

Post  Silvers on 2014-07-16, 11:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BARGAIN ... Alfred N'Diaye.

• by GRAEME ANDERSON

REAL Betis have come back in for Sunderland’s Alfred N’Diaye – and are hopeful of snapping up the midfielder for a bargain price.

The Spanish outfit, who the Frenchman joined on loan in the January transfer window, had thought the 24-year-old was out of their reach at an anticipated £4m asking price.
But news that the Black Cats are looking at a firesale of their unwanted players has reached the newly-relegated La Liga side and they are now optimistic they can land N’Diaye for as little as a £1.5m down payment.
Sunderland are desperate to offload all players surplus to the requirements of head coach Gus Poyet and as the Gazette revealed yesterday have actively tried to recruit Championship interest in several of their bigger name signings who have barely featured for the first team.
The impending transfer of Nacho Scocco to Newell Old Boys for £2.3m looks set to start the ball rolling and a £1.5m switch for N’Diaye could continue the clear-out.
Both players have earned respect away from the Stadium of Light – Scocco in South America, N’Diaye in Europe – and ideally the club would have prefered to be patient and hold out for bigger fees.
As it is, they look like losing a £1m on Scocco and potentially more than £2m on N’Diaye, who Martin O’Neill brought to Sunderland in a £3.7m deal in January last year.
But with the club conscious of the need to act quickly now in the transfer market and bound by the rules of Financial Fair Play, they want as much room to manoeuvre in the transfer market as possible.
The revenue from the sales of Scocco, N’Diaye and others will increase Poyet’s spending power in the transfer market.
And, just as importantly, the savings made in wages paid to both players – both brought in on high salaries - will also give Poyet further scope to bring in targets the club has identified.
Reports in Spain suggest Betis are in advanced talks with the Black Cats over the permanent acquisition of N’Diaye.
The midfielder has been back in training at the Academy of Light after rumoured moves to either Betis or their La Liga rivals Sevilla failed to make progress.
Now though Betis are keeping their fingers crossed they can bring in N’Diaye for an initial £1.5m fee, plus add-ons and the only potential sticking point could be the player’s wages, which have not been agreed yet.
Betis though are keen on a player who was popular with their fans and who would slot straight back into a midfield which has stretched by injury.
Betis technical secretary, Alexis Trujillo, said that following injury to Lolo Reyes which will sideline the player for between four to six weeks, the club are actively looking to strengthen their midfield with N’Diaye the preferred signing.
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Firesale sees Sunderland set to take big loss on N’Diaye Empty Re: Firesale sees Sunderland set to take big loss on N’Diaye

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-16, 2:17 pm

When you look at the money spent in recent transfer windows, going back to the days of Bruce.

Add in our match day crowds, away following, premier status, cup success, concerts.

You then look at other clubs signings, our none signings, bargain basement searches, high wage bill, inability to move players on, inability to get players tied down.

If I was Short I would be looking at myself, my executive management team and asking some questions.

Maybe everything is moving along fine behind the scenes but, it does not feel like that.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Firesale sees Sunderland set to take big loss on N’Diaye Empty Re: Firesale sees Sunderland set to take big loss on N’Diaye

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-07-16, 10:09 pm

cyprussyd wrote:When you look at the money spent in recent transfer windows, going back to the days of Bruce.

Add in our match day crowds, away following, premier status, cup success, concerts.

You then look at other clubs signings, our none signings, bargain basement searches, high wage bill, inability to move players on, inability to get players tied down.

If I was Short I would be looking at myself, my executive management team and asking some questions.

Maybe everything is moving along fine behind the scenes but, it does not feel like that.

How long does it take to announce the moving on of someone, nepotism?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-07-17, 11:25 am

Maybe Alfie will be staying after all?  As I said in another thread I don't think anything in the press can be believed!

SUNDERLAND will hold discussions over Alfred N’Diaye’s future next week, with the midfielder reluctant to return to Real Betis.

N’Diaye looked to be heading towards the Sunderland exit door after reports emerged in Spain that the Black Cats were in advanced talks with Betis over the sale of the Senegal international. Betis were thought to be close to agreeing a fee of around £1.5million – plus add-ons – for N’Diaye, who spent the second half of last season on loan at the club, who finished bottom of Spain’s Primera Division.
But the 24-year-old’s agent and brother, Bakary N’Diaye, insists he is yet to hear from either party over a potential sale and is due to hold a meeting with Sunderland chief executive Margaret Byrne and sporting director Lee Congerton next week. Betis’s hopes of agreeing a contract with N’Diaye may be scuppered though, with the powerful midfielder preferring to prove himself in the Premier League than drop down to the Spanish Segunda Division.

“I have read all the speculation, but I have not actually heard anything and, as far as I am concerned, he is staying at Sunderland,” Bakary N’Diaye told the Echo. 
“I will meet with the club next week, with Margaret Byrne and Lee Congerton, to have a discussion. At the moment, he is with the team and is working hard in pre-season. Real Betis really loved him and he had a great relationship with the coach. He was happy over there with the city and the club, but now he is back with Sunderland. Betis want him and I know they keep talking with Sunderland about him. But he does not want to play in the Spanish Second Division. He would prefer to play in the Premier League with Sunderland. That is his main goal and he is focusing on that every day.”

N’Diaye was a surprise departure last summer after just six months on Wearside, when former head coach Paolo Di Canio sanctioned his loan move to Turkish side Eskisehirspor. Gus Poyet then had the option of recalling N’Diaye in the January transfer window, but tellingly gave the go-ahead to a subsequent loan move to Betis, as he was not thought to be part of the Uruguayan’s long-term plans.
But, after almost a fortnight of pre-season training back at the Academy of Light, N’Diaye – a £3.8million signing 18 months ago – is determined to make the most of his second opportunity at the Stadium of Light.

“Sunderland are interested in Alfred,” added Bakary N’Diaye. “He was given a programme to follow during the summer which he did and the feedback from the club has been good. He loves the club and wants to do his best to be in the team.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2014-07-17, 11:58 am

Perhaps this will give him the impetus to do well.
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-07-17, 12:07 pm

Personally I would like to see him given a try. What do we have to lose?
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-07-18, 2:56 am

H - My code above was about Ball.

Word is that a major contracted player whom they've been trying to "quietly remove" will be gone after the weekend.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-07-18, 3:20 am

silvers wrote:http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/firesale-sees-sunderland-set-to-take-big-loss-on-n-diaye-1-6731571

Firesale sees Sunderland set to take big loss on N’Diaye 1030647882
BARGAIN ... Alfred N'Diaye.

• by GRAEME ANDERSON

REAL Betis have come back in for Sunderland’s Alfred N’Diaye – and are hopeful of snapping up the midfielder for a bargain price.

The Spanish outfit, who the Frenchman joined on loan in the January transfer window, had thought the 24-year-old was out of their reach at an anticipated £4m asking price.
But news that the Black Cats are looking at a firesale of their unwanted players has reached the newly-relegated La Liga side and they are now optimistic they can land N’Diaye for as little as a £1.5m down payment.
Sunderland are desperate to offload all players surplus to the requirements of head coach Gus Poyet and as the Gazette revealed yesterday have actively tried to recruit Championship interest in several of their bigger name signings who have barely featured for the first team.
The impending transfer of Nacho Scocco to Newell Old Boys for £2.3m looks set to start the ball rolling and a £1.5m switch for N’Diaye could continue the clear-out.
Both players have earned respect away from the Stadium of Light – Scocco in South America, N’Diaye in Europe – and ideally the club would have prefered to be patient and hold out for bigger fees.
As it is, they look like losing a £1m on Scocco and potentially more than £2m on N’Diaye, who Martin O’Neill brought to Sunderland in a £3.7m deal in January last year.
But with the club conscious of the need to act quickly now in the transfer market and bound by the rules of Financial Fair Play, they want as much room to manoeuvre in the transfer market as possible.
The revenue from the sales of Scocco, N’Diaye and others will increase Poyet’s spending power in the transfer market.
And, just as importantly, the savings made in wages paid to both players – both brought in on high salaries - will also give Poyet further scope to bring in targets the club has identified.
Reports in Spain suggest Betis are in advanced talks with the Black Cats over the permanent acquisition of N’Diaye.
The midfielder has been back in training at the Academy of Light after rumoured moves to either Betis or their La Liga rivals Sevilla failed to make progress.
Now though Betis are keeping their fingers crossed they can bring in N’Diaye for an initial £1.5m fee, plus add-ons and the only potential sticking point could be the player’s wages, which have not been agreed yet.
Betis though are keen on a player who was popular with their fans and who would slot straight back into a midfield which has stretched by injury.
Betis technical secretary, Alexis Trujillo, said that following injury to Lolo Reyes which will sideline the player for between four to six weeks, the club are actively looking to strengthen their midfield with N’Diaye the preferred signing.
This would sting, but I think we could be better off in the end. Just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2014-07-18, 5:16 pm

Apparently malaga are now interested in alfie
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum