SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» What a delightful lady.
Today at 7:34 pm by Billy D

» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 7:06 pm by Hieronymus

» Results Week 17
Today at 7:03 pm by Hieronymus

» Cookie Coleman
Today at 7:02 pm by Hieronymus

» Thoughts are with you Vito
Today at 6:48 pm by Nostalgic

» Predictions - Boxing Day
Today at 6:12 pm by canary-dave

» Thoroughly ashamed
Today at 3:27 pm by Sid MCFC

» league Table Week 17
Today at 1:15 pm by Vincemac

» Predictions Week 19
Today at 1:11 pm by Vincemac

» Predictions New Year's Day
Today at 1:09 pm by Vincemac

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

cyprussyd, Jerry the Jinx, sunderpitt

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

The SunderMad July Blog

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The SunderMad July Blog

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-03, 7:05 am

SunderMad Blog

Could life as we have known it be about to change?

All around the world we have conflict and that is a major concern but here in the UK a bigger threat to our way of life may be simmering away and it all started with the revelations about one James Saville.

I may well be alone in my naivety but when the Saville story broke I was neither shocked or surprised, an old creepy DJ from the sixties had been up to no good with a grope here and a grope there. In no way was I prepared for what was to follow, the amount and extent of his abuse or the widening net and who it would catch.

Saville, Hall, Clifford and Harris, love them or hate them, were all respected pillars of my life with charity work, good causes, talent or just stature within the show business world.

We then have good old aunty Beeb, an institution I had grown up with, respected and trusted word wide, all topped off with our political leaders whose politics we may question but whose integrity was beyond reproach.

Of course all of this was before the days of 24 hour news when our stars would be beamed into our living rooms for their weekly prime time shows, Top of The Pops and our weekly dose of pop music. Its a Knock Out with Halls laughter and good clean family fun, Rolf and those amazing pictures and,”Do you know what it is yet”.

Our political leaders would be heard on radio giving well practised inspiring speeches and TV interviews would be conducted with the utmost respect.

When Saville died it was seen as the death of a man with, IMO, little talent but with an unquestionable heart of gold who had spent most of his life working to help the less fortunate and sick even spending time at hospitals day and night to do his bit and help.

What we didnt know then was that his death release so many secrets and those secrets would grow and the web would widen.

The arrests stared and the witch hunt began but, suddenly the witch hunt seems to be more of a ring of evil that his spreading and the web is moving right to the top of government, the lost dossier naming names may well be the piece of the jig saw that blows our world apart.
Try as they may I just cant see any way that this can be covered up, brushed under the carpet or ignored.

It is inconceivable that Saville could have abused on the scale he did unnoticed indeed we now know it was noticed, known about and covered up. What we dont know is the extent of the cover up and who was involved in it.

But of course the cover up is not the only thing we need answers to, the bigger question now being asked is who was involved in the abuse?

Do we just have a few individual paedophiles acting alone who just happen to be moving in the same circles of show business and politics or do we have a network? I would guess your answer and suspicion is the same as mine.

Times and attitudes have changed and what has also changed is the public's view of our political classes and our public and media's determination to get at the truth. I don't for one minute think that Cameron, Miliband or Clegg would have any part in continuing the cover up, indeed it would be political suicide to try.

There are however very powerful people involved who I would guess would certainly want this to just go away, some who are in the ring and many more who for whatever reason turned a blind eye to what was going on.

Many involved will now be either dead or very old, like Hall, Clifford and Harris and for me its not so much about justice or punishment its more about making sure we do all we can to ensure it cant happen again.

For the victims of course its very much about justice and punishment and I hope they finally get both.

But I end where I started with the question,”Could life as we have known it be about to change”?

Can the BBC survive when it was home to so many abusers and can our politicians ever regain our trust and respect.

UKIPS success in the European elections was never, for me, about Europe is was all about a massive protest against our political system and its disconnect with me and thousands like me.

Am I just been melodramatic? You tell me.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2014-07-04, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The SunderMad July Blog

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-07-03, 7:40 am

Very well put Syd but I guess Andy Warhol forever summed up a lot of that which, is to follow.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2014-07-03, 7:59 am

Syd, every day you give me proof of what an excellent salesman you were, you always go straight to the crux of the matter and strike the nail firmly on the head, you are never stuck for an answer. Excellent blog sir!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2014-07-03, 9:25 am

I think the BBC is on borrowed time syd without all the Saville revelations. We have Sky, Virgin and also the rise of Internet TV stations all these vying for our viewing figures. Not sure how much the license fee is but it is an outdated way of funding a corporation where the top people get paid Hundreds of thousands and the so called stars even more. I can tune my TV into almost any station in the world so why should I pay for that privilege every year ?
As for Saville et al I was like yourself of the mind it was an isolated case at best a couple of times but nowhere near the scale it was.
You touched on conflict all over the world as well that unfortunately will never change as there will always be someone who wants what another has and, will hide behind any excuse available to justify it.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-03, 11:52 am

The BBC for me are still great for drama and nature programmes, trouble is they are now being forced down the cheap TV route, cooking and reality

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2014-07-04, 2:20 pm

I had always though that Saville was a bit dodgy I never could buy 'Jim will fix it'. Although I have to confess I did not see the Rolf harris mask...he seems to have fooled everyone.

Europe, well more trade and less wars means more prosperity for all...but will always mean one law that will not fit all, even if we move to a 'free trade area' most of the annoying regulations will be the same. Certainly when the likes of the Germans, French etc were the other partners in the EU not too many of them wanted to come here, but when the poorer countries joined lots of the Eastern Bloc seem to have up sticks and moved to the more prosperous areas including Britain...this is not very good for the recipient country and not good for the donor country (losing those with get up and go).

It is not very often I agree with Cameroon (I have never voted tory in my life) but changes are needed..in this country all employers must pay minimum (if not living wage) and this has to be enforced, therefore UK workers will not be undercut and priced out of work by cheap foreign labour. Also 'benefits' do not kick in unless you have contributed to the UK exchequer and have earned the (insurance benefits), there could also be something like the Aussies have i.e. skills that are needed as part of entry requirements.

Plenty of my friends and family like Ukip and think it is the answer, I cannot.... it smacks of blaming 'them' for all the trouble ...get rid of 'them' and we will be all right. Ukip's leader is happy to stuff his wallet with euros and he is married to a German (but is against european migration?) and used to work in the 'city', so I do not see that Ukip is that different from Condems or Labour.

Then there is the federal issue...frankly in the NE Westminster has never done us (or the Scots any favours)..I would like regions to have more autonomy, to raise and spend taxes, and do not have a problem with the USA model of strong 'States' and Federal government, be that at Westminster or Brussels.

Rant over
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-07-04, 2:30 pm

Not a rant sunders IMO, a very good post, SunderMad at its best

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-07-04, 3:27 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I had always though that Saville was a bit dodgy I never could buy 'Jim will fix it'. Although I have to confess I did not see the Rolf harris mask...he seems to have fooled everyone.

Europe, well more trade and less wars means more prosperity for all...but will always mean one law that will not fit all, even if we move to a 'free trade area' most of the annoying regulations will be the same. Certainly when the likes of the Germans, French etc were the other partners in the EU not too many of them wanted to come here, but when the poorer countries joined lots of the Eastern Bloc seem to have up sticks and moved to the more prosperous areas including Britain...this is not very good for the recipient country and not good for the donor country (losing those with get up and go).

It is not very often I agree with Cameroon (I have never voted tory in my life) but changes are needed..in this country all employers must pay minimum (if not living wage) and this has to be enforced, therefore UK workers will not be undercut and priced out of work by cheap foreign labour. Also 'benefits' do not kick in unless you have contributed to the UK exchequer and have earned the (insurance benefits), there could also be something like the Aussies have i.e. skills that are needed as part of entry requirements.

Plenty of my friends and family like Ukip and think it is the answer, I cannot.... it smacks of blaming 'them' for all the trouble ...get rid of 'them' and we will be all right. Ukip's leader is happy to stuff his wallet with euros and he is married to a German (but is against european migration?) and used to work in the 'city', so I do not see that Ukip is that different from Condems or Labour.

Then there is the federal issue...frankly in the NE Westminster has never done us (or the Scots any favours)..I would like regions to have more autonomy, to raise and spend taxes, and do not have a problem with the USA model of strong 'States' and Federal government, be that at Westminster or Brussels.

Rant over
 clapy  clapy  clapy Excellent post sir!
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: