SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Week 08
WHO? EmptyToday at 4:06 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Sunderland Goalkeeper suffers broken arm
WHO? EmptyToday at 3:14 pm by Kipper

» Bolton Wanders v Sunderland AFC
WHO? EmptyToday at 12:02 pm by barrowmackem

» Jack Ross
WHO? EmptyToday at 9:56 am by Kipper

» Has Donald been told to zip it
WHO? EmptyYesterday at 9:36 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions Week 11
WHO? EmptyYesterday at 9:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 10
WHO? EmptyYesterday at 9:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 09
WHO? EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» FFP, FPP
WHO? EmptyYesterday at 10:27 am by Kipper

» RESULTS OF WEEK 5 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 6
WHO? Empty2019-09-18, 9:28 pm by Hieronymus

WHO?

Go down

WHO? Empty WHO?

Post  Guest on 2014-06-11, 11:52 pm

• News & Star

• Carlisle United

• Latest

CARLISLE UTD COACH QUITS TO JOIN PREMIER LEAGUE SUNDERLAND
Last updated at 12:52, Wednesday, 11 June 2014

A Carlisle United coach has been snapped up by Premier League Sunderland.
WHO? 207920823
Chris Blake
Chris Blake is quitting Brunton Park to become an analyst for the top-flight club.
Blake, 27, has played a key role in United’s youth set-up and has been pivotal in the club’s preparation for the new Elite Player Performance Plan.
His departure brings more upheaval to the backroom staff at Brunton Park at a time when the Blues are also looking for a new sports science and conditioning coach.
Blake described it as a tough decision to leave United to work with the Black Cats’ academy, where he will be lead performance analyst.
He said: “I wasn’t looking to leave Carlisle but when Sunderland called and offered me the position I was very flattered.
“It’s an interesting job at a good club and I decided to give it a go.
“It was a hard decision because, while there has been a lot of bad press around Carlisle, I do feel they are going in the right direction and trying to do things the right way.
“It is an interesting project at Carlisle, especially with [academy boss] Alan Moore there. I also have a lot of history at the club, with both my brothers having been there.
“They have given me a lot of opportunities and it has been great to work with the likes of Alan, Eric Kinder and David Wilkes.
“It is sad to leave but sometimes you have to take these chances.”
Blake, who has briefly worked at Sunderland in the past, will work under their academy director Ged McNamee.
His role in the North East, which starts later this month, will include work with the Black Cats’ Under-21 team.
He began as a part-time coach with Carlisle in 2005 and has been full-time in the youth set-up since October 2012, helping develop players such as new professionals Kyle Dempsey and Patrick Brough.
United said they were sorry to lose Blake and praised his work in preparing the club’s application for Category Three status in the EPPP.
They expect to learn whether they have been granted Category Three – which will enable to club to continue nurturing players through its academy – by the end of this week.
Media officer Andy Hall said: “Chris has been fantastic from day one and instrumental in the way things needed to be done from scratch for the EPPP.
“That was no easy task but he helped pull it together and made sure everyone was on the same songsheet.
“It is no surprise a big club has come along – Sunderland’s gain is our loss.”
It is currently unclear whether United will recruit a direct replacement for Blake.
The club have, though, been inundated with applications after advertising for a sports science and conditioning coach.
Applications for the post remain open until next Wednesday.
The club also need a new team doctor.

Back to top Go down

WHO? Empty Re: WHO?

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-06-12, 1:46 am

Not surprised Bill as I'd heard of a shake-up that was in the pipeline at AoL.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-06-12, 1:55 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Not surprised Bill as I'd heard of a shake-up that was in the pipeline at AoL.
Same problem I have is. WHO.

Never heard of him, But in the same context, Id never heard of Kevin Phillips, so anything that can be good, for the club, hey Im in.

Throwback, maybe I am, But Luddite never. Bring him on, we have had duds before, Maybe he will break the mold/mould/ cant spell this one, but you get my drift?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-06-12, 4:28 am

Nowt like giving the fella a chance, written off as a dud and he is still on the bus over from Carlisle.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-06-12, 6:49 am

Well first things first - we've had excellent relations with Carlisle United since the days of Ivor Broadis (1949).  They have very often given our youngsters their first taste of league football, which gave them a player more than they could maybe afford but ultimately benefited us, too.  This is why we so often do a pre-season at Brunton Park - it gives the north Cumbria, Galloway and western border country a chance to see e.g. Darren Bent, Asamoah Gyan, etc.  But then we use those games to toss in a few kids we want to look over - Kevin Phillips' first ever game in red and white was at Brunton Park in a pre-season game.  They've been good friends of ours for many years.  So haway Carlisle - I hope you get your Category 3.  You've worked for it and you deserve it.

I've never heard of this young feller, Blake either.  But he seems to have organized the effort well, has got everyone together 'singing from the same songsheet' - i.e. organization and leadership qualities.  At Sunderland we've had all the top class stuff we brag about but the bottom line is apart from Henderson, Colback, Wagstaff, and Pickford, we've produced bugger all except free transfer fodder.  Don't you think we need a performance analyst?  Let's give this boy a chance.  He's performed well at Carlisle, and is ready for a step up.  I'm glad our Personnel Dept. has given him one.  Get in lad.  I'm for you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum