SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Tottenham have sacked manager Mauricio Pochettino
Chickens coming home to roost EmptyToday at 2:51 pm by wanderer

» What possibly could go wrong
Chickens coming home to roost EmptyToday at 2:49 pm by wanderer

» Predictions Week 16
Chickens coming home to roost EmptyToday at 2:38 pm by barrowmackem

» would be funny
Chickens coming home to roost EmptyToday at 1:04 pm by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Coventry City
Chickens coming home to roost EmptyToday at 12:29 pm by canary-dave

» Political debates
Chickens coming home to roost EmptyToday at 8:54 am by wanderer

» Cup replay
Chickens coming home to roost EmptyToday at 8:07 am by cyprussyd

» Appoint a decent manager
Chickens coming home to roost EmptyToday at 6:06 am by Steve30000

» always makes me cry
Chickens coming home to roost EmptyYesterday at 8:35 pm by cyprussyd

» What do i do?
Chickens coming home to roost EmptyYesterday at 7:05 pm by Hieronymus

Chickens coming home to roost

Go down

Chickens coming home to roost Empty Chickens coming home to roost

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-06-11, 6:46 pm

A well known saying is it not, well after cut following cut are those chickens starting to circle, yep, the passport fiasco.

Its estimated that there is a 30,000 backlog and people are understandably getting a little anxious, holidays, weddings, business trips all in jeopardy.

Living in Durham brings this fiasco close to home, we have a passport office and its understandable that customers get angry.

Its also understandable that the staff at the passport office carry the brunt of that anger.

Ironic that the governments answer to the problem is to draft in more PEOPLE to process the applications that have built up since closing offices and paying of PEOPLE.

But its all worth the pain because Dave confirmed today that the economy is improving and we are all better off.

Like the permissive society in the 60's it seems to be passing Coxhoe by.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Chickens coming home to roost Empty Re: Chickens coming home to roost

Post  canary-dave on 2014-06-11, 8:10 pm

It's passing Weston-super-Mare by too!

Sad

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-06-12, 12:23 am

Well, chickens have certainly come home with regard the Ambulance service, which shockingly can't cope for several reasons..... reduced manpower levels as well as slow throughput in A & E (lack of resources) resulting in ambulances being unable to drop off patients...
A vicious circle whichever way you face!

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-06-12, 1:34 am

Slightly OT but it reminded me of this TRUE news item from the other day.

Red tape ties up ambulance

CALEB HARRIS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CLOSE CALL: Meegan Lange outside the St John Martinborough ambulance station where a fully equipped ambulance, below, remained in its garage while her mother suffered a suspected heart attack 500 metres away. She had to wait 40 minutes for another vehicle to come from Masterton.

A woman suffering a suspected heart attack waited 40 minutes for an ambulance - despite a fully equipped vehicle sitting in a garage less than 500 metres away.

Rules restricting how and when Martinborough's ambulance can be used mean residents have resorted to reporting a fire whenever they need emergency medical attention - because firefighters respond quicker than ambulance crews.

The town's ambulance, jointly run by St John volunteers and a community trust, is not allowed to transport patients, and is available for "first response" aid only between 6pm and 6am, because Wellington Free Ambulance, not St John, has the Wairarapa emergency contract
When Meegan Lange's 68-year-old mother suffered sudden, severe pain in her chest, throat and back at 5pm last Saturday, Lange rang 111.
Wellington Free Ambulance, from Masterton, arrived just over 40 minutes later, while Martinborough's vehicle - complete with $5000 of equipment bought with a donation from Toast Martinborough last year - remained in its garage.  "It's ridiculous, Mum could have died," Lange said. "If they've got a fully equipped ambulance here, they should use it."
Her mother was taken to hospital in Masterton and transferred to Wellington for heart surgery the next day. She is now recovering in intensive care.
She was under stress after her father had died in a Martinborough rest home, aged 96, about midday that same day. His funeral is on hold while her condition stabilises.
St John Martinborough Area committee chairman and ambulance volunteer Bill Stephen said the town's ambulance, formerly operated by St John, stayed in the town after Wellington Free won the Wairarapa contract three years ago because it was owned by the Martinborough District Ambulance Trust.

However, it was not allowed to transport patients because it did not have formal ambulance status once that was awarded to Wellington Free. It was limited to a first-response, night-time service partly because of too few volunteers, but also because of the contractual issue.

Wellington Free's Greytown ambulance, which would have arrived in about half the time of the Masterton one, was busy at 5pm last Saturday, he said.
"If it had happened an hour later, she would have got us within five minutes, but because it was before 6pm it was Wellington Free . . . it's a cold fact of life that what happened on Saturday is how the system is now."

Martinborough volunteer fire chief Bill Butzbach said the brigade often responded to medical emergencies and was equipped and trained to do so. "It's no bother to us - it's part of the service."
Wairarapa DHB chief executive Graham Dyer said the emergency response ambulance contract was between Wellington Free and the Ministry of Health, not the DHB.

Wellington Free service delivery manager Robert Ives did not comment on the delay Lange's mother experienced, but said Wellington Free was setting up an additional first response scheme in Wairarapa to complement its ambulances in Masterton and Greytown, all of which were staffed around the clock.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2014-06-12, 3:13 am

On paper cost saving cuts can be expressed in monetary terms, real life very rarely reflects what the cuts achieved. Saw aqn article on the UK news the same now applies to passports. Obviously not expecting a rush this time of year.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-06-12, 4:40 am

Nostalgic wrote:On paper cost saving cuts can be expressed in monetary terms, real life very rarely reflects what the cuts achieved. Saw aqn article on the UK news the same now applies to passports. Obviously not expecting a rush this time of year.
and why would they, its only June, do we normally get people thinking of holidays at this time?  Embarassed 

Seriously though, I fully accept that money had to be saved but all we have had is cut,cut,cut, passports, OK, you could argue they are not life threatening but the NHS can well be.

I watched PMQ's yesterday and Cameron was boasting about the drop in the unemployed figures, well done David.
I then watched the North East news and low and behold they reported in the rise in the unemployed on the North East.

Now there is a surprise  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-06-12, 10:29 am

More and more I keep thinking we in the North East should join Scotland and maybe we would get treated better than we do by Westminster. You know my views on Thatcher, but at least she was what she was, and I expected nothing else. My biggest disappointment was the way New Labour let us down so very badly in all their years of power. We deserved better and should have got it.  Twisted Evil 

OOOH don't get me started here lads. Have no time today!  Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-06-12, 10:44 am

Hieronymus wrote:More and more I keep thinking we in the North East should join Scotland and maybe we would get treated better than we do by Westminster. You know my views on Thatcher, but at least she was what she was, and I expected nothing else. My biggest disappointment was the way New Labour let us down so very badly in all their years of power. We deserved better and should have got it.  Twisted Evil 

OOOH don't get me started here lads. Have no time today!  Very Happy
I did not agree with a lot of what Maggie did but I did admire her balls and conviction, you knew what you were voting for. That IMO is why UKIP did so well, will it last, well probably not but its the, well, so many words can be used but yesterday, for me, was typical. Cameron really seemed proud that things are getting better with a total denial of us up here. A total denial of the rise in foodbanks, he criminal backlog in disabled waiting for their assessment for benefits.

Stick all this alongside what is happening in Iraq and it scares the hell out of me.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-06-12, 2:26 pm

and yet for all the tories crimes against the working man, Labour still aren't making enough headway in the polls to guarantee victory next year. Looks like being the closest election ever and impossible to call. The only certainty is that Cleggs mob are gonna get wiped out.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-06-12, 4:38 pm

fyldemackem wrote:and yet for all the tories crimes against the working man, Labour still aren't making enough headway in the polls to guarantee victory next year. Looks like being the closest election ever and impossible to call. The only certainty is that Cleggs mob are gonna get wiped out.
Yes the next 11 months will see a lot of talk and promises from the big two but the truth for me is I struggle to trust either side.

Cameron and his lot I simply done trust, I believe that they are doing what they believe is the right thing but its obvious to me that the right thing for them does not include me.

I honestly believe that Miliband is a good guy who is trying his hardest but I look at those round him and there are to many that scare me.

My biggest problem is, and always has been, the extremes, tories for the rich and labour for the poor, that for me brings black and white politics.

I guess my hope was a coalition would drag everyone into the middle ground, well we know the outcome of that.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-06-12, 4:46 pm

Looks like Liverpool will vote Tory or UKIP then

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum