SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Charlton v Sunderland
CLUB STATEMENT -- COLBACK EmptyToday at 5:05 am by canary-dave

» Come back Theresa
CLUB STATEMENT -- COLBACK EmptyYesterday at 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
CLUB STATEMENT -- COLBACK Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
CLUB STATEMENT -- COLBACK Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
CLUB STATEMENT -- COLBACK Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
CLUB STATEMENT -- COLBACK Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
CLUB STATEMENT -- COLBACK Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
CLUB STATEMENT -- COLBACK Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
CLUB STATEMENT -- COLBACK Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

» You are shit
CLUB STATEMENT -- COLBACK Empty2019-05-20, 9:26 pm by Nostalgic

CLUB STATEMENT -- COLBACK

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CLUB STATEMENT -- COLBACK Empty CLUB STATEMENT -- COLBACK

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-06-09, 8:29 pm

Club statement

Published: 09 June, 2014
by Sunderland AFC

Club comment on Colback departure.
After the announcement that Jack Colback has signed for Newcastle United, SAFC has issued the following statement:
“Jack is a player we have nurtured and developed through our academy system since he was eight years old. We gave him the opportunity to become a professional footballer and are therefore extremely disappointed in the events that have led to his departure from the club.
“This wasn’t about money - the club agreed to all of the terms demanded of us during discussions and we were always led to believe that Jack wanted to stay with us. At his and his representatives’ request, final talks were put on hold until the club secured its top flight status. To our dismay however, we were subsequently never given the chance to negotiate with him to stay. 
“For him to then leave the club that has supported him throughout his formative years in such a manner, with no chance for Sunderland to recover any of the significant investment that it has made in him as a player, has left a bitter taste."

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

CLUB STATEMENT -- COLBACK Empty Re: CLUB STATEMENT -- COLBACK

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-06-09, 8:33 pm

Rightly or wrongly that statement has left me feeling very bitter towards Colback

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-06-09, 8:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Newcastle United are pleased to confirm the signing of Killingworth-born Jack Colback.
The former Sunderland midfielder, aged 24, was out of contract at the Stadium of Light at the end of last season and has signed a long-term contract at St. James' Park.
Colback joined Sunderland when he was ten-years-old and rose through their youth ranks to make his Black Cats debut on the final day of the 2009/10 season against Wolves.
That followed a successful loan season at Ipswich Town, which included playing twice against United, who romped to the Championship title. At the end of that campaign, Colback was named Players' Player of the Season at Portman Road.

Upon returning to the North-East, he went on to make 115 Barclays Premier League appearances for Sunderland and picked up a runners-up medal in the Wearsiders' 2014 Capital One Cup final defeat to Manchester City.
Left-footed Colback, who was capped once by England at under-20 level in March 2009, said: "I'm absolutely delighted.
"To come to the team I supported as a boy, my hometown team, will be really special for me.
"It was an opportunity I couldn't let slip. If you asked fans around the world the one thing they'd like to do before they die, it would be to play for the team they support and I've got the chance to do that.
"I've only got good things to say about Sunderland. They gave me my chance and I want to thank the fans and the club for all their support.
"I hope they can understand the chance I've had here to move to my boyhood club. Now I can't wait to pull on the black and white shirt at St. James' Park for the first time."
Magpies boss Alan Pardew added: "I'm extremely pleased to have brought Jack to Newcastle United.
"He's a great passer, versatile and rarely gives the ball away. He's also a local lad and knows exactly what playing for this Club means.
"And at 24-years-old, his best years are ahead of him so I think he'll be a big asset to us."
Stay logged on to nufc.co.uk for an exclusive gallery of images of new signing Jack Colback, with an exclusive nufcTV interview available here from midnight

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-06-09, 8:44 pm

Two sides to everything syd no doubt Jacks people will be preparing a similar statement of how badly he was treated at SAFC.
I honestly can't see where he will play in the nags side their CM is decent so maybe LW or even LB?

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-06-09, 8:46 pm

All respect that I had for him is gone out of the window with him going to the Skunks..I for one will be slagging him off next time we play against them..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-06-09, 8:48 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Two sides to everything syd no doubt Jacks people will be preparing a similar statement of how badly he was treated at SAFC.
I honestly can't see where he will play in the nags side their CM is decent so maybe LW or even LB?
True but I still have that bitter taste, still it will pass

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-06-09, 8:51 pm

He's gone mate we move on and up hopefully.
The real pisser is not getting any money for him

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-06-09, 9:20 pm

Didn't have an issue with him going to the Mags but as Syd says this leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-06-09, 9:22 pm

twitter is in meltdown

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-06-09, 9:36 pm

6 year deal at Newcastle

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-06-09, 9:46 pm

Not sure why Twitter had gone to meltdown syd an average player moves to an average club.
Doesn't bother me in the slightest

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-06-09, 9:51 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Not sure why Twitter had gone to meltdown syd an average player moves to an average club.
Its more about the free bit, the cock up by the club letting it happen, thats what leaves the bitter taste

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2014-06-09, 10:05 pm

Player and manager time at a club is finite, but the club is for life. We move on regardless.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-06-09, 10:15 pm

Signed a five year deal, well thats him and Pardew out the revolving door together. But I dont actually care anymore, I did about three weeks ago, but am well over that now. How long before the Mag faithful turn on him?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-06-09, 10:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-06-09, 10:25 pm

That's more like it syd getting over it was easy mate.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-06-09, 10:25 pm

Not while he`s got that shirt on you wont.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2014-06-09, 10:35 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:Not sure why Twitter had gone to meltdown syd an average player moves to an average club.
Its more about the free bit, the cock up by the club letting it happen, thats what leaves the bitter taste

Very poor management.....Byrne and Short....Poyet not there so no blame?
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-06-09, 10:43 pm

SAFC agreed to Colback's demands, and were asked to postpone talks till Sunderland were safe.  Then, when they were safe, they were denied the promised discussions.  It was a plain double-cross.

I honestly believe he could have told SAFC he was leaving last summer.  I always thought he was looking for a Henderson-type pay day.  And I never blamed him for that - he's a young guy trying to better himself and I see nowt wrong with that.  But the truth is rather more bitter ...

Jack Colback was looking after number one, like all the rest.  In essence, he's no different from Bent, Gyan, Henderson, Mignolet, &co.  But I do think he's been rather more sneaky.  Bent, Gyan &co were all straighter with us than this low-life has been.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-06-09, 10:49 pm

cuteybuns wrote:SAFC agreed to Colback's demands, and were asked to postpone talks till Sunderland were safe.  Then, when they were safe, they were denied the promised discussions.  It was a plain double-cross.

I honestly believe he could have told SAFC he was leaving last summer.  I always thought he was looking for a Henderson-type pay day.  And I never blamed him for that - he's a young guy trying to better himself and I see nowt wrong with that.  But the truth is rather more bitter ...

Jack Colback was looking after number one, like all the rest.  In essence, he's no different from Bent, Gyan, Henderson, Mignolet, &co.  But I do think he's been rather more sneaky.  Bent, Gyan &co were all straighter with us than this low-life has been.
and thats how it feels to me, there is a theory, not on here but a theory all the same that the club are just covering their backs but surely a short Jack g=has gone would have been better for that, why lie?

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-06-09, 10:49 pm

Sunderland should never have had this issue to deal with if someone in the club had done their job and made sure that we never reached a situation where a player, especially a youngster like Colback who they spent a chunk of money on was out of contract. A new contract should have been negotiated at the beginning of season 2012/13 to ensure that we would receive a transfer fee when he left. After all, it has been well known that he was a Newcastle supporter and given the chance to play for them would really appeal to him. He has given us excellent service in his time with Sunderland, his attitude and performances have generally be top class.  I can only wish the lad all the best for the future and thank him for his efforts on our behalf in the past.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-06-09, 11:07 pm

Look on the funny side lads. He's a horse puncher now.

CLUB STATEMENT -- COLBACK Oie_CA1d_F42m_HYkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-06-10, 2:01 am

Syd - I'll keep it short.

Happy if he'd stayed but fully understand his need to move on. 
Given the freeze he was given my management after they were informed of his pending transfer by a teammate, that untimely hadn't eventuated, I'm surprised it's taken so long to resolve either way. 

A few to many fibs being told by BOTH sides, hence the bitter SAFC press release. 

Big Sam will be mightily pissed off after waiting 6 months for nought.

Conclusion: Bad move Jack

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2014-06-10, 4:21 am

Having been able to look at other things involved I honestly now think that Colback, agent and even NUFC have mightily stitched the club up. All based around his age since any player who reaches the age of 24 can be signed with no fee then he and others have just bided their time for his last birthday on the promise that his relative value in a fee would be paid to him over time. Hence the 5 year contract.

If this is the case then his actions can be only judged as cynical to the point of mercenary. No matter what or how he does at NUFC he will be well paid.

However, it just boils down to player disloyalty and even dishonesty.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2014-06-10, 4:45 am

A good grafter in the Red n White shirt nothing more , personally I thought he did well to play for us with such commitment for such a long period of time when he has always said he was a Newcastle fan ( bloody sure I would never pull on the barcode whatever the incentive ) . 
Irrespective of how Jack and his advisors have behaved to secure this move all eyes should look at the SAFC 'team' dealing with this and other player moves , to me it looks woefully lacking in any form of cohesive action plan . 
As for the SAFC statement , have we a 10 year old putting out our press statements , it is childish and pathetic , grow up SAFC management and sort yourselves out , you had plenty of time to secure this player for another 10 years if needed but you DIDN'T . Or perhaps you never really wanted the ginger jack . 
Anyway move onward and upward , our league position will not be effected by Passback moving up the road , his replacement ( whom ever ) will be more prolific for sure ( Poyet will see to that ) . 
Good luck Jack you did well for us for a long time , and I hope this in time doesn't give the crowd reason to boo you , I for one do not think you deserve that .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum