SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
KILBANE ON BORINI EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
KILBANE ON BORINI EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
KILBANE ON BORINI Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
KILBANE ON BORINI Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
KILBANE ON BORINI Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
KILBANE ON BORINI Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
KILBANE ON BORINI Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
KILBANE ON BORINI Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
KILBANE ON BORINI Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
KILBANE ON BORINI Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

KILBANE ON BORINI

Go down

KILBANE ON BORINI Empty KILBANE ON BORINI

Post  Guest on 2014-06-04, 6:19 pm

AND HE MAKE A LOT OF SENSE

=========================

Exclusive: Former Sunderland star Kevin Kilbane warns Black Cats against £12m move for Liverpool’s Fabio Borini

By Will Hall
Posted on June 4, 2014

KILBANE ON BORINI 4397894-1

Former Sunderland player Kevin Kilbane spoke to Squawka recently on the subject of his old club’s interest in making a permanent move for Liverpool-owned forward Fabio Borini.
The Italian striker was Brendan Rodgers’ first signing with the Reds, bought from Roma for a fee of around £8m. Though after failing to force his way into the boss’ first team, Borini was loaned out to the Black Cats at the start of his second season at Anfield.
There, the Mackems seemed to take a shine to the former Serie A star, affection predominantly earned through goals against fierce local rivals Newcastle, and through enabling huge scalps from the spot against the league’s elite, such as the Italian’s former club, Chelsea.
It has now recently emerged that Liverpool are demanding £12 million from Sunderland for Borini and asked whether such a move represents value or a gamble for either party, Kilbane told Squawka:
“I can see both sides of this one. Could he go back to Liverpool after the season he had on Wearside, because he did have a good season and helped them stay up.
“It doesn’t look likely that he’ll go back to Liverpool and push to get into the team, if I’m totally honest. They’ve signed Rickie Lambert, who’s another forward, so he may think that he’s best served elsewhere.”
Kilbane, who made 113 appearances for the north-east outfit, also expressed hesitancy over whether Borini would be a good move for Gus Poyet’s side.
“Then we come back to if Sunderland can afford another big £10m buy. Does he fit that sort of bill? I would have to say, again being totally honest, I am uncertain of it. I have my doubts,” said the former Ireland international.
“I think it’s a lot of money for him. I think he has had a decent season at Sunderland but they did only just finish outside the bottom three.
“He had a good season, I’m not denying that, but to spend that amount of money is too big an outlay for Sunderland, they’d probably think they can spend £5m on one player and then another £5m for someone else. [They should] spread the cost around because they don’t have that many funds and the luxury of spending that on a single player, not when it could be a risky move.
“It will be interesting to see how that pans out. I’m not sure if Sunderland are the right fit for that price, but with the signing of Rickie Lambert, he will have to leave Liverpool in my opinion.”
READ THE NEWS? NOT ENOUGH? WELL IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS WITH THIS FABIO BORINI STAT.

Per 90 minutes, Fabio Borini drew a higher number fouls from the opposition during the 2013/14 Premier League season than Luis Suarez.
[size]
KILBANE ON BORINI XEBzgN5
[/size]
Click here to check out Squawka’s comparison matrix!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum