SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Totally unacceptable
NOT ROBERT THE BRUCE, BUT BRUCE THE GEORDIE. EmptyYesterday at 9:41 pm by Hieronymus

» The Don on the takeover
NOT ROBERT THE BRUCE, BUT BRUCE THE GEORDIE. EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» One for sidMCFC
NOT ROBERT THE BRUCE, BUT BRUCE THE GEORDIE. EmptyYesterday at 12:39 pm by Sid MCFC

» Oh Mr Ross
NOT ROBERT THE BRUCE, BUT BRUCE THE GEORDIE. Empty2019-10-12, 10:02 pm by paddocklad

» Predictions Week 11
NOT ROBERT THE BRUCE, BUT BRUCE THE GEORDIE. Empty2019-10-12, 1:37 pm by oldblackcat

» Our next manager
NOT ROBERT THE BRUCE, BUT BRUCE THE GEORDIE. Empty2019-10-12, 1:32 pm by cyprussyd

» Club Statement
NOT ROBERT THE BRUCE, BUT BRUCE THE GEORDIE. Empty2019-10-12, 11:31 am by Argus

» First Ross now the owners
NOT ROBERT THE BRUCE, BUT BRUCE THE GEORDIE. Empty2019-10-12, 8:22 am by cyprussyd

» A very good morning Syd
NOT ROBERT THE BRUCE, BUT BRUCE THE GEORDIE. Empty2019-10-12, 8:17 am by cyprussyd

» Just sit back and enjoy
NOT ROBERT THE BRUCE, BUT BRUCE THE GEORDIE. Empty2019-10-11, 12:37 pm by Hieronymus

NOT ROBERT THE BRUCE, BUT BRUCE THE GEORDIE.

Go down

NOT ROBERT THE BRUCE, BUT BRUCE THE GEORDIE. Empty NOT ROBERT THE BRUCE, BUT BRUCE THE GEORDIE.

Post  Guest on 2014-06-01, 4:29 am

I when Im not abroad live in Ellington Northumberland, My drinking mates live in Ashington, all Mags. the questin we all ponder over, is how Bruce was sacked for being a geordie.

Fact is He is from Corbridge,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Northumberland

folks from Ashington, and more northerly, call themselves Northumbrians.

But Bruce is a Geodie.

Geordie my bottom.

Back to top Go down

NOT ROBERT THE BRUCE, BUT BRUCE THE GEORDIE. Empty Re: NOT ROBERT THE BRUCE, BUT BRUCE THE GEORDIE.

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-06-01, 5:00 am

Don't let a good story get in the way of the truth has been uttered by many a wiser man.

Ps. As we all know, he was shown out the door for poor performance but that sells less papers.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

NOT ROBERT THE BRUCE, BUT BRUCE THE GEORDIE. Empty Re: NOT ROBERT THE BRUCE, BUT BRUCE THE GEORDIE.

Post  Guest on 2014-06-01, 5:04 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Don't let a good story get in the way of the truth has been uttered by many a wiser man.

Ps. As we all know, he was shown out the door for poor performance but that sells less papers.
Still a FUB,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, fat useless basket, or something like that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-06-01, 5:10 am

billofengland wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Don't let a good story get in the way of the truth has been uttered by many a wiser man.

Still a FUB,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, fat useless basket, or something like that.

You know Bill, I NEVER had any reason to dislike the man. He came & tried his best but in the end due to a number of reasons it turned to custard. It's only been since his departure & his subsequent rants about being dismissed because he's a Geordie that he's pissed me off. For his & his family's well-being, he really needs to to get over it or seek therapy to be able to move forward in life and again have contentment for life is far to short to dwell on getting fired from a job.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-06-01, 6:17 am

I will ask the question I always do, can someone please show me the quote from Bruce, just one, that has him saying he was sacked for being a Geordie.

I have never seen it, ever.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-06-01, 7:27 am

cyprussyd wrote:I will ask the question I always do, can someone please show me the quote from Bruce, just one, that has him saying he was sacked for being a Geordie.

Agreed in verbatim but this he did .....“In hindsight maybe going there was a mistake, being a Newcastle fan as a boy...some would never forgive that,” he said adding “I wouldn't say it was the utmost reason, but for a lot of them, they couldn't hack that". 

SAF said after the fact "We see what’s happened with Steve Bruce in the North East. Being a Geordie didn’t help him because they are so passionate and committed to their team up there".

If you want a number of disparaging comments about SAFC made by Bruce they can be found quite easily.

To quote Short....."“Sadly results this season have simply not been good enough and I feel the time is right to make a change. It’s as simple as that".  Which if you want another quote was noted by Bruce as "not the reason given to him" which implies Short was lying.

Syd, each & to their own but surely we could agree that he needs to move on.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-06-01, 7:51 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I will ask the question I always do, can someone please show me the quote from Bruce, just one, that has him saying he was sacked for being a Geordie.

Agreed in verbatim but this he did .....“In hindsight maybe going there was a mistake, being a Newcastle fan as a boy...some would never forgive that,” he said adding “I wouldn't say it was the utmost reason, but for a lot of them, they couldn't hack that". 

SAF said after the fact "We see what’s happened with Steve Bruce in the North East. Being a Geordie didn’t help him because they are so passionate and committed to their team up there".

If you want a number of disparaging comments about SAFC made by Bruce they can be found quite easily.

To quote Short....."“Sadly results this season have simply not been good enough and I feel the time is right to make a change. It’s as simple as that".  Which if you want another quote was noted by Bruce as "not the reason given to him" which implies Short was lying.

Syd, each & to their own but surely we could agree that he needs to move on.
I have always agreed it was time for him to go and always agreed that he was quoted saying that when things started to go wrong his Geordie roots did not help, I still await the one quote where he says he was sacked for being a Geordie.

His disparaging remarks about Sunderland fans, well the ones I have seen, I agree with him 100%, I was at that last game and I promise I was not alone in being ashamed of the minority of of people pretending to be Sunderland fans who hurled out the abuse. Around me good decent fans walked out shaking their heads at what they heard, I am no prude and can use all the abusive words that these people used.

It was never about Bruce being sacked for me, he should possibly have gone earlier.

BTW, you say he needs to move on, I have heard him say many times he has, he didnt post a thread about himself on here so maybe we all need to move on.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-06-01, 8:37 am

cyprussyd wrote:

His disparaging remarks about Sunderland fans, well the ones I have seen, I agree with him 100%, I was at that last game and I promise I was not alone in being ashamed of the minority of of people pretending to be Sunderland fans who hurled out the abuse. Around me good decent fans walked out shaking their heads at what they heard, I am no prude and can use all the abusive words that these people used.

It was never about Bruce being sacked for me, he should possibly have gone earlier.

BTW, you say he needs to move on, I have heard him say many times he has, he didnt post a thread about himself on here so maybe we all need to move on.

Good on him if he now has for I hadn't payed much attention to him until now. His comments that I found, indirectly remind me of a number conversations recently with a clinical physician.

I've been told that "In order for someone to move on in life they need to stop quoting the past and blaming others. Until they do so their condition will remain untreated. Love and support needs to be provided". 
If this is true, then maybe we'll no longer hear Mr Bruce talking about SAFC and more about his current employer.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum