SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Favourites
DR STEPHEN HAWKING, TALKS WORLD CUP. EmptyYesterday at 6:38 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Retained List
DR STEPHEN HAWKING, TALKS WORLD CUP. Empty2019-06-16, 8:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Lee Cattermole
DR STEPHEN HAWKING, TALKS WORLD CUP. Empty2019-06-16, 9:30 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» I fell for that!
DR STEPHEN HAWKING, TALKS WORLD CUP. Empty2019-06-14, 10:37 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland Legends
DR STEPHEN HAWKING, TALKS WORLD CUP. Empty2019-06-14, 9:40 am by Hieronymus

» Molyneux gone
DR STEPHEN HAWKING, TALKS WORLD CUP. Empty2019-06-14, 9:33 am by Hieronymus

» what would you do?
DR STEPHEN HAWKING, TALKS WORLD CUP. Empty2019-06-14, 8:28 am by Kipper

» Killing the golden goose
DR STEPHEN HAWKING, TALKS WORLD CUP. Empty2019-06-12, 9:21 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Its happened
DR STEPHEN HAWKING, TALKS WORLD CUP. Empty2019-06-12, 8:56 am by cyprussyd

» Takeover
DR STEPHEN HAWKING, TALKS WORLD CUP. Empty2019-06-11, 8:51 am by Kipper

DR STEPHEN HAWKING, TALKS WORLD CUP.

Go down

DR STEPHEN HAWKING, TALKS WORLD CUP. Empty DR STEPHEN HAWKING, TALKS WORLD CUP.

Post  Guest on 2014-05-29, 9:08 am

This is nothing we didnt know, but coming from this man, Im very surprised, unfortunately, he didnt mention England winning anything at all.

Brazil World Cup: Stephen Hawking calculates formula for England success
BY DESCRIER STAFF ON MAY 29, 2014SPORTUK
Professor Stephen Hawking has questioned some of the most complex question in theoretical physics, but in an interview with BBC Newsnight he has calculated the optimum conditions needed for England to succeed at next month’s World Cup in Brazil.
Hawking spent a month analysing the England performances at World Cups since 1966, taking into account everything from hair colour to air temperature.
He said that the red colour of England’s shirt for their game in Sao Paulo on 19 June will improve their chances of winning by as much as 20% purely because of its perceived dominance.
The phycisist also claimed that the 4-3-3 formation is similarly perceived as more positive and aggressive than 4-4-2, and this would have a similar psychological impact as the shirt colour.
European referees should also help England along the way, as Hawking said:
“The data shows we also need to hope for a European referee. European referees are more sympathetic to the English game and less sympathetic to ballerinas like [Luis]Suarez.”
In a penalty shoot-out, the professor said that before striking the ball, the player should have a run up of at least three steps and give the ball a “welly”, but notes that power is nothing without precision, and the player should aim for the top corners for the best chance of beating the goalkeeper.
Worryingly, however, for such a warm World Cup, Hawking found that England’s chances of winning declined by 59% for just a five degrees Celsius rise in temperature.

http://descrier.co.uk/news/uk/brazil-world-cup-stephen-hawking-calculates-formula-england-success/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=brazil-world-cup-stephen-hawking-calculates-formula-england-success

Back to top Go down

DR STEPHEN HAWKING, TALKS WORLD CUP. Empty Re: DR STEPHEN HAWKING, TALKS WORLD CUP.

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-05-29, 1:02 pm

Sounds right to me.

Now if only we could turn his intellect towards solving the conundrum of universal underachievement at SAFC.  tongue 
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

DR STEPHEN HAWKING, TALKS WORLD CUP. Empty Re: DR STEPHEN HAWKING, TALKS WORLD CUP.

Post  Lever Malone on 2014-05-29, 2:29 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Sounds right to me.

Now if only we could turn his intellect towards solving the conundrum of universal underachievement at SAFC.  tongue 

I think that would be more difficult than solving the unanswered questions of the universe.
Lever Malone
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-05-29, 4:27 pm

Lever Malone wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Sounds right to me.

I think that would be more difficult than solving the unanswered questions of the universe.
After studying the theory in great detail and doing some calculations and test data of my own I can confirm that the theory is indeed correct. 

All questions will be answered but I doubt anyone on this forum would understand.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2014-05-29, 5:35 pm

I also double checked his multiple hierarchical correlations using differential calculus, and whilst I found some of his source data dubious I concur with his summations
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-05-29, 5:55 pm

COR BLIMEY, as was once a statement, many moons ago. you lot have taken this thread seriously, and yet, to coin a modern day expression still " talk a load of bollocks" But i must agree with the lady, who the hell can discover the meaning of life, when its SAFC that we debate about.

It becomes clearer with alcohol. But the next day its even more of a conundrum. So back to the alcohol.

NEVER ENDING STORY.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum