SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers
Billy - TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland  - Page 5 EmptyToday at 4:39 pm by canary-dave

» A very good morning one and all
Billy - TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland  - Page 5 EmptyToday at 4:33 pm by oxfordshire

» A very happy birthday!
Billy - TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland  - Page 5 EmptyToday at 10:54 am by fulwellend47

» Can't say I'm looking forward to Tuesday
Billy - TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland  - Page 5 EmptyToday at 9:25 am by Sid MCFC

» Predictions Mid week 12
Billy - TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland  - Page 5 EmptyToday at 7:58 am by Lever Malone

» Results week 12
Billy - TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:38 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions week 13
Billy - TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 6:10 pm by canary-dave

» League table Week 12
Billy - TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 12:31 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» For SidMCFC
Billy - TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland  - Page 5 Empty2019-10-20, 7:13 pm by Sid MCFC

» Parky it is then
Billy - TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland  - Page 5 Empty2019-10-20, 7:53 am by cyprussyd

TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Billy - TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland  - Page 5 Empty Re: TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland

Post  Guest on 2014-05-30, 2:35 pm

Last Updated: Fri, 30 May 2014 08:14
Billy - TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland  - Page 5 Photo
Sunderland defender Santiago Vergini could be set for a permanent deal at the club after Gus Poyet sang his praises.

The Argentine arrived on loan at the Stadium of light back in January and played 14 times for the side after joining from Estudiantes, coming into his own as the season went on.

After the long struggle of the last campaign Poyet is looking to create his own side for next season and the defender's versatility has been praised by the boss.

Poyet told the Echo: "In any squad, if we play 4-3-3 - my system - I like to have three goalkeepers and seven defenders, not eight.

"I want two players for (each) place in the other positions, but not at the back - I like to use that extra player somewhere else, so you can have a squad of 23.

"If one of the defenders can give you the option to play somewhere else, it helps you. When you've got a centre-half who is only a centre-half, you need a full-back who can play both sides.

"When you've got a centre-back who can play right-back, it gives you a big hand and I know Santiago can play there now. I knew it, having watched him play right-back in Argentina, but he has also shown now he can do it well in the Premier League."

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/sunderland/defender-set-for-new-black-cats-deal-1764646.html#.U4iIrJVOWUk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-05-30, 2:53 pm

silvers wrote:Last Updated: Fri, 30 May 2014 08:14
Billy - TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland  - Page 5 Photo
Sunderland defender Santiago Vergini could be set for a permanent deal at the club after Gus Poyet sang his praises.

The Argentine arrived on loan at the Stadium of light back in January and played 14 times for the side after joining from Estudiantes, coming into his own as the season went on.

After the long struggle of the last campaign Poyet is looking to create his own side for next season and the defender's versatility has been praised by the boss.

Poyet told the Echo: "In any squad, if we play 4-3-3 - my system - I like to have three goalkeepers and seven defenders, not eight.

"I want two players for (each) place in the other positions, but not at the back - I like to use that extra player somewhere else, so you can have a squad of 23.

"If one of the defenders can give you the option to play somewhere else, it helps you. When you've got a centre-half who is only a centre-half, you need a full-back who can play both sides.

"When you've got a centre-back who can play right-back, it gives you a big hand and I know Santiago can play there now. I knew it, having watched him play right-back in Argentina, but he has also shown now he can do it well in the Premier League."

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/sunderland/defender-set-for-new-black-cats-deal-1764646.html#.U4iIrJVOWUk
Just keeping everything crossed, in hopes of keeping him, and he wont cost a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-05-30, 3:18 pm

Bradford have tied up a deal for Sunderland midfielder Billy Knott, who joins the Bantams on a two-year contract.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Billy - TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland  - Page 5 Empty Poyet still wants Sunderland back-up, despite Pickford deal

Post  Guest on 2014-06-02, 12:18 pm

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/poyet-still-wants-sunderland-back-up-despite-pickford-deal-1-6648325

Poyet still wants Sunderland back-up, despite Pickford deal
Billy - TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland  - Page 5 1173822961
Jordan Pickford in action on loan for Carlisle last season

Published on the 02 June
08:26
Published 02/06/2014 08:26

Print this

Sponsored by
Billy - TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland  - Page 5 1771735368

8 comments Have your say!

SUNDERLAND will continue looking for a back-up keeper to Player of the Season Vito Mannone, despite re-signing Jordan Pickford for a further four years.

Twenty-year-old Pickford agreed a new four-year deal with the club over the weekend and is now set to be part of the Black Cats’ plans until 2018 at least.
The Academy product has caught the eye of head coach Gus Poyet, who sees the England Under-19 stopper as one for the future.
But Pickford has yet to make a first-team appearance for Sunderland.
And with Republic of Ireland international Keiren Westwood released this summer and Oscar Ustari also at the end of the short-term deal he signed in January, Poyet still needs experienced cover for Mannone.
Sunderland have been strongly linked with former Crystal Palace keeper Julian Speroni – an Argentine on friendly terms with fellow South American Gus Poyet – who has left Selhurst Park and is available on a Bosman free transfer, though Palace are understood to have offered him a year’s contract.
Sunderland have not yet ruled out the possibility of Argentina international Ustari extending his stay on Wearside.
Although Ustari did not feature in any Premier League games, he did start three matches in the FA Cup and Poyet was impressed with his contribution on and off the pitch.
Although Ustari was an exemplary team player during his stay on Wearside, the 27-year-old is keen for first-team football.
The former Almeria man has had several offers from clubs in Italy and Spain willing to make him their number one and is exploring his options.
Italian Serie A side Lazio are currently believed to be favourites to sign him, but the keeper is aware of Sunderland’s continuing interest.
For the moment, Poyet is happy to have the security of Pickford tied down to a long-term deal and the extended contract marks a vote of confidence in the youngster’s potential.
Washington-born Pickford turned professional with Sunderland in 2011 and has been given extensive loan experience in the lower divisions in recent seasons.
In 2012, he went on loan to Darlington, in 2013 to Alfreton Town and Burton Albion and this year he made 15 appearances for Carlisle United in League One.
His ability has been obvious from the early stages of his career and he has represented England at Under-16, 17, 18 and 19 levels.
After signing the new deal, the 6ft 1in Pickford said: “Last season was massive for me. I played games at Burton and at Carlisle, which was great experience.
“I want to keep developing and working hard and I’m delighted to sign a contract with the club I have always supported.”
Pickford joined the Black Cats when he was only eight years old, signing a two-year scholarship in 2010 and going on to become a regular in the club’s Under-21 side.

.voterDiv .ob_bctrl{display:none;} .ob_pdesc IMG{border:none;} .AR_4 .ob_what{direction:ltr;text-align:right;clear:both;padding:5px 10px 0px;} .AR_4 .ob_what a{color:#999;font-size:10px;font-family:arial;text-decoration: none;} .AR_4 .ob_clear{clear:both;} .AR_4 .ob_amelia{background:url('http://widgets.outbrain.com/images/widgetIcons/ob_logo_16x16.png') no-repeat center top;display:inline-block;width:16px;height:16px;vertical-align:text-bottom;margin-bottom:-2px;padding:0px 5px;box-sizing:content-box;-moz-box-sizing:content-box;-webkit-box-sizing:content-box;} .AR_4:hover .ob_amelia{background-position:center bottom;} .AR_4 .ob_container{width:100%;position:relative;overflow:hidden;} .AR_4 .strip-img{width:145px;height:110px;border:none !important;margin:0px !important;display:block;padding:0px !important;} .AR_4 .item-link-container{text-decoration:none;} .AR_4 .strip-rec-link-title{font-size:13px;font-weight:normal;line-height:16px;} .AR_4 .strip-rec-link-source{font-size:12px;line-height:16px} .AR_4 .strip-like{padding-bottom:4px;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;height:20px;font-weight:bold;} .AR_4 .item-container a,.AR_4 .item-container a:hover,.AR_4 .item-container a:visited{border:medium none;text-decoration:none;} .AR_4 .ob_video{border:medium none;position:absolute;top:5px;left:5px} .AR_4 .ob-rec-link-img{position:relative;} .AR_4 .wbr:before {content: \"\200B\"} .AR_4 .ob_container_recs{width:100%;position:absolute;} .AR_4 .ob_container_recs A{display:inline;direction:ltr;text-align:left;} .AR_4 .ob-text-content A{width:100%;padding:0px 0px;} .AR_4 .ob-text-content{padding-top:6px;} .AR_4 .item-container A.ob-text-content{display:block;} .AR_4 .ob_container_recs .item-container{float:left;direction:ltr;width:147px;margin-bottom:300px;padding-right:12px;} .AR_4 .ob_container_recs .ob-last{padding-right:0px;} .AR_4 .ob_container_shadow_outer{position:static;width:100%;} .AR_4 .ob_container_shadow .item-container-shadow{position:static;overflow-x:hidden;width:0px;float:left;direction:ltr;} .AR_4 .ob_container_shadow .item-container{width:147px;visibility:hidden;float:left} .AR_4 .ob_org_header { background: linear-gradient(to right, #FFFFFF 20%, #EBEBEB 100%) repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); display: block; font-family: 'TabletGothicCondensed',Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 20px; line-height: 20px; margin-bottom: 15px; text-transform: uppercase; } .AR_4 .strip-rec-link-title { font-family: arial; font-size: 13px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 16px; } .AR_4 .item-link-container:hover .strip-rec-link-title { } .AR_4 .ob_container_recs .item-container { padding-right: 13px; } .AR_4 .ob_container_recs .ob-last { padding-right: 0; } .ob-tcolor { color: inherit !important; } .AR_4 .strip-rec-link-source { color: #999999; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; }

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-06-05, 6:41 pm

Sky Bet are reporting a move in their betting on Ashley Williams' next club, with Sunderland backed in from 25/1 to 6/4 to sign the Swansea defender, with former favourites QPR drifting out to 2/1 and Arsenal now 11/2.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-06-05, 8:16 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Sky Bet are reporting a move in their betting on Ashley Williams' next club, with Sunderland backed in from 25/1 to 6/4 to sign the Swansea defender, with former favourites QPR drifting out to 2/1 and Arsenal now 11/2.

Very interesting. Would be a good buy I think. Wonder who he is replacing though? I can't see him being a squad player, he will want to start most games.

Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-06-05, 11:23 pm

Didn't see that coming.
He seems very highly thought of.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-06-06, 10:13 am

Decent player could spell the end for one of the crock CBs we have at the minute. 
Wouldn't be too displeased who went between JOS or Wes but, would try and keep Wes even with his dodgy knees

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-06-06, 12:28 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Decent player could spell the end for one of the crock CBs we have at the minute. 
Wouldn't be too displeased who went between JOS or Wes but, would try and keep Wes even with his dodgy knees

My thoughts too.  Very Happy 
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum: