SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Favourites
Let the talks begin EmptyYesterday at 6:38 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Retained List
Let the talks begin Empty2019-06-16, 8:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Lee Cattermole
Let the talks begin Empty2019-06-16, 9:30 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» I fell for that!
Let the talks begin Empty2019-06-14, 10:37 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland Legends
Let the talks begin Empty2019-06-14, 9:40 am by Hieronymus

» Molyneux gone
Let the talks begin Empty2019-06-14, 9:33 am by Hieronymus

» what would you do?
Let the talks begin Empty2019-06-14, 8:28 am by Kipper

» Killing the golden goose
Let the talks begin Empty2019-06-12, 9:21 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Its happened
Let the talks begin Empty2019-06-12, 8:56 am by cyprussyd

» Takeover
Let the talks begin Empty2019-06-11, 8:51 am by Kipper

Let the talks begin

Go down

Let the talks begin Empty Let the talks begin

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-05-08, 11:07 am

by Graeme Anderson

GUS Poyet will today sit down with Sunderland’s out-of-contract players for a string of discussions which will decide who stays and who goes.

There are seven players out of contract – Seb Larsson, Phil Bardsley, Jack Colback, Keiren Westwood, Carlos Cuellar, Oscar Ustari and Craig Gardner – and Poyet has promised he will deal with them as quickly as possible so they can play for their futures.

Five player are also coming to the end of loans – Marcos Alonso, Fabio Borini, Ki Sung-Yueng, Santiago Vergini and Ondrej Celustka.

Having saved Sunderland’s Premier League skin last night with victory over West Bromwich Albion, the Black Cats’ boss admitted he was keen now to move on with everything that has been put to one side while the relegation battle was won.

“I will sit down and talk to the players without contracts now,” he confirmed.

“I will talk to them about the good and the bad news – that’s something I need to do first.

“Beyond that, we will be able to plan the pre-season games and confirm what we are going to do, where we are going.

“I will also be able to look at players too, because I haven’t looked at players for a long time – we could only focus on what we’ve had ahead of us these last few weeks.

“Everything has been in the air and now we can plan.

“But the mood around the training ground will be fantastic now.

“These will be the three best days of my season – Thursday, Friday and Saturday – and Sunday I just want a sunny day and the chance to enjoy a game in the way you should enjoy it.

“After that, I’m going to have an incredible week with my wife away on holiday.”

Poyet wanted to pay tribute to his players for their miraculous escape.

“They deserve credit for it and I was lucky to get a group of players in the last few weeks who understood what we were all about and things clicked,” he said.

“I played the same team five times in a row and I was lucky to do that.

“Those 11 players – with the support of the rest on the bench including not just the substitutes but the likes of Ustari, Ba and Scocco who didn’t get on in games but played their part – they have been great.

“Now we feel we can play anyone really.”

Next season, Poyet is hoping for better for Sunderland.

“I wouldn’t want another seven months like this,” he said. ”I am a strong man, but I don’t want to die.

“When you play with fire, you burn – so we don’t want that.

“I want a season where we can relax.”

It’s a worthy aspiration – but someone should tell him, this IS Sunderland we’re talking about!

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Let the talks begin Empty Re: Let the talks begin

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-05-08, 1:24 pm

I hope Gus has a brilliant holiday and relaxes totally. Can you imagine the stress he has been under?

On Sunday we will all celebrate our miracle escape together and say goodbye to those players who are leaving, and then Gus can enjoy his break and we will all look forward to an exciting summer and a MUCH calmer season next year.  Very Happy 
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-05-08, 1:50 pm

Hieronymus wrote:I hope Gus has a brilliant holiday and relaxes totally. Can you imagine the stress he has been under?

On Sunday we will all celebrate our miracle escape together and say goodbye to those players who are leaving, and then Gus can enjoy his break and we will all look forward to an exciting summer and a MUCH calmer season next year.  Very Happy 

Read the last line of the OP again

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2014-05-08, 3:43 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:I hope Gus has a brilliant holiday and relaxes totally. Can you imagine the stress he has been under?

Syd,
      Just got a call from poyet and i think he is trying to tap you up,all he kept saying was do you think we can get syd to sign up again for another season ticket?,i said i will have a word
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2014-05-08, 4:17 pm

Didn't he have time off after the Brighton debacle? What does he need a holiday for? Lazy tw*t I say.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2014-05-08, 4:23 pm

All i can say iv'e never worked for nearly ten years and i'm having a break the pressure has been too much for me. Very Happy
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-05-08, 4:29 pm

Rovertsafc wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Syd,
      Just got a call from poyet and i think he is trying to tap you up,all he kept saying was do you think we can get syd to sign up again for another season ticket?,i said i will have a word
My seat has gone mate, maybe its a sign so I will pay game by game and try different areas, if one suits fine, if not, game by game it will be.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2014-05-08, 9:51 pm

"It’s a worthy aspiration – but someone should tell him, this IS Sunderland we’re talking about!"

Isn't this part of the deep seated problem at Sunderland that we have been talking about? ...........
...... whilst we always believe that we can 'survive', we don't really believe that we can be anything more than average, because we are Sunderland and it always happens to us! Its part of being a Sunderland fan!

I admit, I have said it myself. If this deep-seated feeling exists at all levels within the club ...... 'think average - be average!'

Food for thought?
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-05-08, 10:51 pm

The next 10 days will be amongst the hardest Poyet has ever faced in life.

Emotions are running high but he needs to step back on Monday with Congerton & Co to assess whom to advise Byrne & Co to negotiate with.

For the good of SAFC maybe we need to receive a good old fashioned spanking by Swansea to help the cause.

I've got a great thought provoking thread waiting to written & posted but to do so now would be disrespectful given the unified Team spirit shown over the past four weeks so I'll leave it for next week.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-05-08, 10:58 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:The next 10 days will be amongst the hardest Poyet has ever faced in life.

Emotions are running high but he needs to step back on Monday with Congerton & Co to assess whom to advise Byrne & Co to negotiate with.

For the good of SAFC maybe we need to receive a good old fashioned spanking by Swansea to help the cause.

I've got a great thought provoking thread waiting to written & posted but to do so now would be disrespectful given the unified Team spirit shown over the past four weeks so I'll leave it for next week.
post it, post it

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2014-05-09, 7:29 am

Aye Gus go have a week off , but make sure those that fkd us about most of last and this season are not given a reprieve just cos they got us out of the hole those tossers put us in . Ahhhh it's good to be back n moaning . 
Kiwi post it m8 wont be a pissed off as mine could and should be after the fkwits have pished me off all season bar last 5 games .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-05-09, 7:47 am

Mackemneil wrote:"It’s a worthy aspiration – but someone should tell him, this IS Sunderland we’re talking about!"

Isn't this part of the deep seated problem at Sunderland that we have been talking about? ...........
...... whilst we always believe that we can 'survive', we don't really believe that we can be anything more than average, because we are Sunderland and it always happens to us! Its part of being a Sunderland fan!

I admit, I have said it myself. If this deep-seated feeling exists at all levels within the club ...... 'think average - be average!'

Absolutely.  It started in 1958 - a group of supporters grew up in the sixties who thought second rate was acceptable.  The ultimate expression of that was voting a predominantly second division player as their Player of the Century (over Buchan, Carter, Shackleton, who wouldn't have peed on the second division, much less played in it)!

It'll take years to get rid of that mentality now.  And the only way it will ever be done is to stick rigidly to the principle - Relegation is not an option.  They have to say it, mean it, and keep meaning it.

Make no mistake, if we'd gone down this year I'd have kicked Poyet's backside so hard he'd have landed back in Montevideo!
  No man, but no man, should ever be forgiven relegation again.  It's the only way we'll cure it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum