SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Blackpool interest in grigg
Is this sexist? EmptyToday at 7:57 pm by gil t azell

» Top 2 no chance
Is this sexist? EmptyToday at 5:53 pm by Vincemac

» Our next game
Is this sexist? EmptyToday at 5:51 pm by Steve30000

» Bit of advice please Sid
Is this sexist? EmptyToday at 1:08 pm by Sid MCFC

» I know I shouldn't laugh but..
Is this sexist? EmptyToday at 12:48 pm by Sid MCFC

» 8th favourites for promotion
Is this sexist? EmptyToday at 11:57 am by gil t azell

» Dilemma
Is this sexist? EmptyToday at 7:47 am by trouble_n_stripes

» SACK HIM
Is this sexist? EmptyYesterday at 7:58 pm by Steve30000

» Sunderland v Blackpool
Is this sexist? EmptyYesterday at 7:29 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» McGeady
Is this sexist? EmptyYesterday at 6:55 pm by cyprussyd

Is this sexist?

Go down

Is this sexist? Empty Is this sexist?

Post  canary-dave on 2014-05-07, 1:21 pm

A French second tier side have appointed a 36 year old woman as their new head coach! In these days of so-called sexual equality, why is this news?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Is this sexist? Empty Re: Is this sexist?

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-05-07, 1:34 pm

canary-dave wrote:A French second tier side have appointed a 36 year old woman as their new head coach! In these days of so-called sexual equality, why is this news?

because she has big knockers

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2014-05-07, 1:42 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:A French second tier side have appointed a 36 year old woman as their new head coach! In these days of so-called sexual equality, why is this news?

I know but it's only men that are knocking her, that is NOT a euphemism!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-05-07, 1:49 pm

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I know but it's only men that are knocking her, that is NOT a euphemism!
Its strange that we now have many, many woman at football matches, a fair proportion at Sunderland and we know from the ones we know that the ladies are very knowledgeable about the game, more than most of us men.

Woman's football is becoming ever more popular but managers, coaches and officials still are a very small minority.

I guess it takes time.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2014-05-07, 1:56 pm

Seriously, if you read the article, she has an excellent cv in several countries, she must know what she's doing!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-05-07, 4:50 pm

maybe she has the gift of the gab..... most unusual for a wumman....

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-05-07, 5:09 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

silvers wrote:maybe she has the gift of the gab..... most unusual for a wumman....

red red
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-05-07, 5:23 pm

She does have an excellent CV and I wish her luck. She will need it! I loved this bit in the article though:

Veronique Soulier, president of Clermont Foot's supporters' club, said: "It surprised us when we read the club statement. But once we got over it, we all believe that it is a good thing.
"The boys in the team can be difficult to manage. They can be quite sensitive, that is what the other coaches have told us. With a woman in charge, maybe they will be less demanding."

LOL! The boys are quite sensitive and difficult to manage. Poor babies! tongue 
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2014-05-07, 6:08 pm

One for sure, wimmen will never be equal to men unless they are bald, got a beer belly and still think they are sexy. Razz 

Didn't realise we had a lady linesperson last Saturday until after the game hand shakes.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-05-07, 6:33 pm

Nostalgic wrote:One for sure, wimmen will never be equal to men unless they are bald, got a beer belly and still think they are sexy. Razz 

Didn't realise we had a lady linesperson last Saturday until after the game hand shakes.

Sian Massey is one of the best 'assistant referees' in the game. She never gets a decision wrong. as far as I have ever seen anyway! I noticed how tiny she is compared with Howard Webb. I actually think that players will be more respectful to a small woman like that than thay are to a big hefty man. No threat to their testosterone levels!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-05-07, 11:39 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:One for sure, wimmen will never be equal to men unless they are bald, got a beer belly and still think they are sexy. Razz 

Sian Massey is one of the best 'assistant referees' in the game. She never gets a decision wrong. as far as I have ever seen anyway! I noticed how tiny she is compared with Howard Webb. I actually think that players will be more respectful to a small woman like that than thay are to a big hefty man. No threat to their testosterone levels!
I'm sure it was Sian on the line when Andy Grey ad whats is name made their sexist remarks that saw them sacked

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-05-08, 12:14 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

I'm sure it was Sian on the line when Andy Grey ad whats is name made their sexist remarks that saw them sacked

You are correct and Richard Keys was the other guy.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2014-05-08, 4:14 am

I thought Gray ( detestable) and Keys got a rough deal there. Heard their comments about explaining the offside rule, but it had not long been introduced and even seasoned refs were getting it technically wrong. In a way I heard it as a back handed compliment that a woman could understand it better than a man.

But of course I could be wrong.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-05-08, 9:49 am

Nostalgic wrote:I thought Gray ( detestable) and Keys got a rough deal there. Heard their comments about explaining the offside rule, but it had not long been introduced and even seasoned refs were getting it technically wrong. In a way I heard it as a back handed compliment that a woman could understand it better than a man.

But of course I could be wrong.

With the greatest respect, I believe you are.  Smile 

The offside rule has been in the rules as long as modern football has been around, and it is a common sexist 'joke' that women can't understand it. Their comments were along the lines of 'Someone better get down there and explain it to her", implying she did not know it at all, along with personal comments about her looks. They were also caught making other sexual and derogatory comments to female presenters and technicians. Sky is well rid of the slimy pair. Although I note Andy Gray was a pundit on a BT Sport game last week.

You see when good men like yourself, and most men in fact, accept this sort of thing as 'banter' or 'back handed' compliments (think about that one for a minute, in respect of how many women are treated by men) , the problem will never be eradicated. Actual sexual equality will only come when the fact that you are female or male never even crosses anyone's mind, when discussing their ability to do any job.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-05-08, 10:43 am

I'm not that sure they were sacked for their remarks it seemed to me that Sky were just waiting for an excuse.

Like many of these stories once its out there more and more stories come out for me Sky is a better place without them.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum