SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Week 08
Marcus Black Sunderland Gig - Tuesday 13th May EmptyToday at 4:06 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Sunderland Goalkeeper suffers broken arm
Marcus Black Sunderland Gig - Tuesday 13th May EmptyToday at 3:14 pm by Kipper

» Bolton Wanders v Sunderland AFC
Marcus Black Sunderland Gig - Tuesday 13th May EmptyToday at 12:02 pm by barrowmackem

» Jack Ross
Marcus Black Sunderland Gig - Tuesday 13th May EmptyToday at 9:56 am by Kipper

» Has Donald been told to zip it
Marcus Black Sunderland Gig - Tuesday 13th May EmptyYesterday at 9:36 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions Week 11
Marcus Black Sunderland Gig - Tuesday 13th May EmptyYesterday at 9:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 10
Marcus Black Sunderland Gig - Tuesday 13th May EmptyYesterday at 9:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 09
Marcus Black Sunderland Gig - Tuesday 13th May EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» FFP, FPP
Marcus Black Sunderland Gig - Tuesday 13th May EmptyYesterday at 10:27 am by Kipper

» RESULTS OF WEEK 5 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 6
Marcus Black Sunderland Gig - Tuesday 13th May Empty2019-09-18, 9:28 pm by Hieronymus

Marcus Black Sunderland Gig - Tuesday 13th May

Go down

Marcus Black Sunderland Gig - Tuesday 13th May Empty Marcus Black Sunderland Gig - Tuesday 13th May

Post  Guest on 2014-05-06, 1:29 pm

Yes I know it's a Tuesday night but last time I did it it was a really good one.

Here's my press release:

"New Silksworth British Legion club on Tuesday 13th May 2014 will see the return of Marcus Black.  The diverse guitar/vocalist provides entertainment from throughout the decades up to modern times with tracks from the likes of Eddie Cochrane, Chuck Berry, Free, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Keane, The Beautiful South up to modern day tracks from the likes of the Lumineers, Passenger and OneRepublic."

(NB - This is not a real press release - it's just some shit I made up to put on here) Smile

I met Reg (Allan) at that one and it'd be good if anyone fancied it for them to get themselves along.

Syd - any chance of a Sticky to keep it at the top until after Tuesday 13th mate?

Back to top Go down

Marcus Black Sunderland Gig - Tuesday 13th May Empty Re: Marcus Black Sunderland Gig - Tuesday 13th May

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-05-06, 4:24 pm

I think I will be going to this one, and anyone is welcome to join me.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Marcus Black Sunderland Gig - Tuesday 13th May Empty Re: Marcus Black Sunderland Gig - Tuesday 13th May

Post  Guest on 2014-05-07, 3:51 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:I think I will be going to this one, and anyone is welcome to join me.
Cheers reg - was a canny night last time - be good to get others along - I like meeting up with you bunch of internet championship manager experts like me!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-05-07, 5:13 pm

One day I will get over to see you Marcus. Very Happy  Do you ever do any gigs over this way, on the dark side i.e. North of the Tyne?
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-05-08, 9:16 am

Hieronymus wrote:One day I will get over to see you Marcus. Very Happy  Do you ever do any gigs over this way, on the dark side i.e. North of the Tyne?
Yeah I was in "New York" last weekend (New york and Murton club) Played a pub on westmorland road as well.

Haven't got many upcoming gigs up there but will keep you informed if I do H

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2014-05-08, 11:21 am

How about taking your gig on tour Marcus? We have some great pubs in Weston-super-Mare!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-05-08, 11:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yesterday at 4:13 am

One day I will get over to see you Marcus.  I love you   Do you ever do any gigs over this way, on the dark side i.e. North of the Tyne?  jinx

Studies show women find men more attractive if they hold a guitar

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This is a photo of Marcus playing his one-of-a-kind 8 string baritone tricone resonator guitar. Image: Wikipedia.

(Medical Xpress)—Two independent studies have found that women find men more attractive if they are holding a guitar. The first one, conducted by researchers in France was based on a young man asking strangers for a date—their results are outlined in an article they've had published in Psychology of Music. In the second study researchers used Facebook Friend requests to gauge guitar holding attractiveness. Their results have been detailed in an article they've had published in Letters on Evolutionary Behavioral Science.

In the first study, researchers from Université de Bretagne-Sud, France enlisted the assistance of a young "good looking" male volunteer. He was asked to approach 300 young women on the street, tell them he thought they were pretty and ask for their number. During 100 of the encounters he carried a guitar, another 100 times a gym bag and the other 100 times nothing at all. In tabulating the results, the researchers found that women gave their number to the young man 31 percent of the time when he was holding a guitar, but only 14 percent of the time when he was carrying nothing. When he was holding a gym bag, he got a number just 9 percent of the time.

In the second study, researchers from Israel's Ruppin Academic Center, created twoFacebook accounts for an "attractive" young man—in one account the profile picture showed him holding a guitar, in another he was not. The researchers then sent out Friend requests to 100 young women who listed themselves as single on their profile. They found that 14 out of 50 requests were accepted if the young man was pictured holding a guitar, while only 5 out of 50 were accepted if he appeared without the guitar. In a follow-up, the researchers repeated the experiment in the same way except they used a female model and sent requests to single men. Interestingly, they report that a woman holding a guitar did not appear to change the likelihood of having her Friend request accepted. Thus, it appears that guitar holding only works to boost male attractiveness.

None of the researchers can say for sure why it is that women appear to find men holding a guitar more attractive, though the French team has a theory—they suggest it's because women view men who play guitar as having more intellectual or physical abilities

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Marcus Black Sunderland Gig - Tuesday 13th May Empty Marcus

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-05-09, 7:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-05-13, 11:12 am

canary-dave wrote:How about taking your gig on tour Marcus? We have some great pubs in Weston-super-Mare!
I know mate - I went out with a girl from Taunton a few years ago and we often went out in Weston on a night - cracking pubs - if the mony's right then I'll play anywhere - but 40p a mile travelling to weston (return journey) plus my fee is possibly expensive for the bars down there!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum