SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland vs Benfica B - Thursday 18th July
Shaman EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Got my pass, have you got yours?
Shaman EmptyYesterday at 9:01 pm by Vincemac

» Good Luck
Shaman Empty2019-07-17, 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
Shaman Empty2019-07-17, 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
Shaman Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Shaman Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
Shaman Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

» Love departs
Shaman Empty2019-07-14, 9:08 am by barrowmackem

» McGeady
Shaman Empty2019-07-14, 9:06 am by barrowmackem

» Twitter 1
Shaman Empty2019-07-12, 5:19 pm by Hieronymus

Shaman

Go down

Shaman Empty Shaman

Post  Guest on 2014-04-16, 6:10 pm

You're probably going to think I'm nuts but here goes...............I have been on a few times preaching the path of positive thinking when it comes to our team but after all the rational ideas that flow by is it time to turn to ..........yes............MAGIC.

Let me tell you my story first from the last time we were relegated (2005-2006). During that time my wife and I were in Hawaii in Dec 2005 on a cruise between the islands, stopping off at each island and picking up a car to do the tourist thing. Anyway we stopped at Maui and rented a car and ended up in Lahaina which is on the West side of the island. It was a nice little town and we went into most of the shops there. On the street was an old Hawaiian gentleman playing his guitar and singing for change. I started to sing along with him and we had a good chat. I gave him $5 and followed my wife to the next shop. When I came out of the shop I went back to see my singing friend again. I explained the situation that Sunderland AFC were in and the possibility of contacting a Hawaiian Shaman to perform some kind of magic so that my team would not be relegated. He couldn't help but wished the team all the best luck that he could express.....anything positive. As the world turned we were relegated and that is history.

Not sure where we could obtain the services of someone that could perform the magic that we could use, don't think Harry Potter is available. If I were back in Wheatley Hill we could sacrifice a couple of virgins but they are hard to come by. There again there is Black Cat Kiwi, I wonder if he has contacts in the Maori community that could perform the anti relegation dance or maybe teach our team to perform the Maori Haka before every game....what a sight that would be.

Well that's my story of my trip to Hawaii....on the other side of the world and here I am trying to conjure up help for the team by any means possible........I must be nuts!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Shaman Empty Re: Shaman

Post  Guest on 2014-04-16, 6:15 pm

Electric Coal wrote:You're probably going to think I'm nuts but here goes...............I have been on a few times preaching the path of positive thinking when it comes to our team but after all the rational ideas that flow by is it time to turn to ..........yes............MAGIC.

Let me tell you my story first from the last time we were relegated (2005-2006). During that time my wife and I were in Hawaii in Dec 2005 on a cruise between the islands, stopping off at each island and picking up a car to do the tourist thing. Anyway we stopped at Maui and rented a car and ended up in Lahaina which is on the West side of the island. It was a nice little town and we went into most of the shops there. On the street was an old Hawaiian gentleman playing his guitar and singing for change. I started to sing along with him and we had a good chat. I gave him $5 and followed my wife to the next shop. When I came out of the shop I went back to see my singing friend again. I explained the situation that Sunderland AFC were in and the possibility of contacting a Hawaiian Shaman to perform some kind of magic so that my team would not be relegated. He couldn't help but wished the team all the best luck that he could express.....anything positive. As the world turned we were relegated and that is history.

Not sure where we could obtain the services of someone that could perform the magic that we could use, don't think Harry Potter is available. If I were back in Wheatley Hill we could sacrifice a couple of virgins but they are hard to come by. There again there is Black Cat Kiwi, I wonder if he has contacts in the Maori community that could perform the anti relegation dance or maybe teach our team to perform the Maori Haka before every game....what a sight that would be.

Well that's my story of my trip to Hawaii....on the other side of the world and here I am trying to conjure up help for the team by any means possible........I must be nuts!!!!!!

I have always argued that we should find the Wise Woman from Raven on the Wing to lift the curse...but nobody takes me seriously

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-16, 6:16 pm

By you have come a long way from the snotty nosed kid playing on the Hilly Howly and now cruising round bloody Hawaii.

You have obviously been a way a long, long time if you expect to find one virgin let alone two within miles of Wheatley Hill

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-04-16, 6:36 pm

Syd, what do you mean.....snotty nose.....that's what sleeves were for in those days. Hilly Howly........fond memories with a bottle of water and a jam sandwich...those were the days.

Anyway I thought that if we had exhausted all the possible rational solutions for our team why not try the irrational. At this stage with the games we have left it was worth a shot........still would like to see the team do the Haka, it might instill some Maori fighting spirit and most of the players now a days are covered with tattoos so they seem well qualified.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-16, 6:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Cricket match being held in the Hilly Howley in the 1950's 

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-16, 6:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-04-16, 6:48 pm

Well nothing else has worked this season, so I'm open to any ideas, no matter how wacky!  Very Happy 

Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-04-16, 6:55 pm

Syd, I have that one on my web page.....http://wheatleyhill.com/

I remember my Dad taking me for a walk along there towards the pit yard and the train tracks. He put a penny(old) on the train tracks and let the train run over it......talking about big money!!!!!! That was just down from the prefabs.

Last edited by Electric Coal on 2014-04-16, 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2014-04-16, 11:03 pm

Another Hawaiin tale Electric Coal and friends. We did that cruise in 2009 but our abiding memory was of a lady from NJ (pronounced Noo Joisy). We did a tour on Kona and took in the monument to Capt James Cook and the lady spent some time intently listening to the guide give a tale that was straight out of Hollywood about Cook hiding in caves etc before he drowned trying to escape. Nowhere near the truth, but nonetheless a good tail.

It was only in the car coming back that she piped up about "how come nothing like this was in the movie". It took a while for her to absorb that it was Cook the explorer, not Hook the captain from Peter Pan.

When I explained about Cook's achievements she just looked and said "never hoid of the guy".
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-04-17, 12:40 am

Nostalgic wrote:Another Hawaiin tale Electric Coal and friends. We did that cruise in 2009 but our abiding memory was of a lady from NJ (pronounced Noo Joisy). We did a tour on Kona and took in the monument to Capt James Cook and the lady spent some time intently listening to the guide give a tale that was straight out of Hollywood about Cook hiding in caves etc before he drowned trying to escape. Nowhere near the truth, but nonetheless a good tail.

It was only in the car coming back that she piped up about "how come nothing like this was in the movie". It took a while for her to absorb that it was Cook the explorer, not Hook the captain from Peter Pan.

When I explained about Cook's achievements she just looked and said "never hoid of the guy".

Americans! (shakes head  Laughing )
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-17, 6:17 am

Hang on, is this a sign, Nos talks about Cook and Electric Coal, well his name is David COOK, ITS A SIGN i TELL YOU, A SIGN

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-04-17, 8:42 am

cyprussyd wrote:Hang on, is this a sign, Nos talks about Cook and Electric Coal, well his name is David COOK, ITS A SIGN i TELL YOU, A SIGN
You've been sleeping with the light on again haven't you  Shocked

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-04-17, 10:13 am

cyprussyd wrote:Hang on, is this a sign, Nos talks about Cook and Electric Coal, well his name is David COOK, ITS A SIGN i TELL YOU, A SIGN

And Cook's ship was called Endeavour, and we saw lots of that last night, so maybe the end is not so nigh as we thought!  Laughing 
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-17, 10:23 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Well I thought everyone slept with the light on to keep the bogey man away
Hieronymus wrote:

And Cook's ship was called Endeavour, and we saw lots of that last night, so maybe the end is not so nigh as we thought!  Laughing 

And Endeavour was on TV on Sunday evening, more proof

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-17, 10:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2014-04-17, 11:21 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Well I thought everyone slept with the light on to keep the bogey man away
Hieronymus wrote:

And Endeavour was on TV on Sunday evening, more proof

And Endeavour's surname is Morse, which is a code!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-04-17, 4:51 pm

It's all right for you buggers laughing, but that sort of belief is a lot closer to home than you think!  As late as 1890. Canon J.C. Atkinson of Danby, a little inland from Whitby, visited an old woman who claimed to be beset by spirits in her house, and wondered if he would mind 'laying' them for her.  When Atkinson explained that he didn't profess to 'lay' spirits, she flared up : "Aye, but the owld church would have done it"!  She wasn't referring to the Roman Catholics.  She was referring to something much more believable than that.This sort of belief existed in the remoter parts of Britain right up until the early-20th century.

Hey, Electric Coal, if you find someone of the sort, give it a shot, mate.  Time to criticize later.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-04-17, 7:04 pm

Cutey, There are things that we don't know about...............another story for you. My wife's Grandmother living in Thornley and she had a dream one night and in it she saw pit boots floating in water. When she awoke she told all of her son's not to go to work that morning as they worked at Thornley Colliery. As it turned out the Thornley colliery had an accident and was flooded with men losing their lives. How could she for-tell what was going to happen at the pit. She had the reputation of having 'the gift' usually given to people born with a Vail...so I've heard.

One thing though I knew that if I mentioned virgins in Wheatley Hill Syd would be all over it, and he was, swallowed hook, line and sinker.

There are many things that happen that we have no control over, maybe our brains are not tuned into it or at least have forgotten how to tune in........all a mystery to me. Maybe that's probably why we cannot figure out why our team plays the way it does. Is it something to do with the stadium being built on Wearmouth colliery or does it go back further than that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum