SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Week 08
Man City v Sunderland EmptyToday at 4:06 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Sunderland Goalkeeper suffers broken arm
Man City v Sunderland EmptyToday at 3:14 pm by Kipper

» Bolton Wanders v Sunderland AFC
Man City v Sunderland EmptyToday at 12:02 pm by barrowmackem

» Jack Ross
Man City v Sunderland EmptyToday at 9:56 am by Kipper

» Has Donald been told to zip it
Man City v Sunderland EmptyYesterday at 9:36 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions Week 11
Man City v Sunderland EmptyYesterday at 9:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 10
Man City v Sunderland EmptyYesterday at 9:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 09
Man City v Sunderland EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» FFP, FPP
Man City v Sunderland EmptyYesterday at 10:27 am by Kipper

» RESULTS OF WEEK 5 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 6
Man City v Sunderland Empty2019-09-18, 9:28 pm by Hieronymus

Man City v Sunderland

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Man City v Sunderland Empty Man City v Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-13, 9:27 am

Well we head to The Etihad on Wednesday to tick off one of our games in hand, yes we know that all hope is just about gone, City should thrash us and we are rubbish, but, well we jut cant help ourselves can we.

Somewhere deep in the recess of our mind that impossible dream still lingers, maybe we could win, maybe others will lose, maybe we will go into the Swansea game knowing a win will save us, maybe.

So with this impossible dream still there what team do we play?

Surely the lets keep it tight 3 at the back is now confined to history, we have to win, nothing else matters now, we have to win.

Bridcut will be back but will he play, Gus can use away to City and extra defenders as his excuse, if he plays who drops out, well for me it would be Ki, his mind seems to be well on the way south.

I think I would go

MANNONE
BARDSLEY..OSHEA..BROWN..ALONSO
BRIDCUTT
JOHNSON..CATTERMOLE..COLBACK..BORINI
WICKHAM

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Man City v Sunderland Empty Re: Man City v Sunderland

Post  Guest on 2014-04-13, 9:56 am

We will give them a game play really well and still get beat, own goal or stupid penalty/ free kick in the first 10 minutes then fall apart in the last 10 minutes getting a late consolation from AJ.
Same scoreline as Wembley I'm afraid mate 3-1

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-04-13, 11:36 am

I don't know where/ when we will get our next goal..

We are good at own goals, but other clubs don't return the favour....

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2014-04-13, 2:13 pm

Well hopefully they will get beat today,and that will dent there challenge.
Toure has gone off injured looked like a groin problem,we also need kompany to pull up and then we stand a chance.
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-13, 2:16 pm

we dont have the players Liverpool do but they are showing us the way, City dont like teams in their faces

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2014-04-13, 5:32 pm

Did Bardsley not pick up his 10th booking yesterday? Sure he did,if so he's missing for 2 games ...guessing this line up

Mannone

Celustka O'shea Brown Alonso

Bridcutt

Johnson Cattermole Ki Borini

Wickham

oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-04-14, 12:13 pm

From the Echo today, by Chris Young:

PHIL BARDSLEY will miss Sunderland’s trips to Manchester City and Chelsea this week after collecting his 10th booking of the season. The Sunderland full-back went into referee Lee Probert’s notebook in the second half of Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to Everton after sweeping away the legs of Toffees forward Steven Naismith. That yellow card, just 24 hours before the cut-off point for bookings to be wiped off, earned Bardsley a two-game ban – ruling him out of Wednesday’s rearranged clash at the Etihad Stadium and this weekend’s trip to Stamford Bridge. It will bring an end to Bardsley’s ever-present Premier League run since Gus Poyet took charge at the Stadium of Light last October and handed the former Manchester United man a fresh chance with the Black Cats.

On-loan Trabzonspor defender Ondrej Celustka is likely to take the place of Bardsley, who, as Poyet revealed last week, is expected to leave the club when his contract expires in the summer. Celustka has not started in the league since New Year’s Day’s defeat to Aston Villa, with his last first-team appearance coming in February’s FA Cup win over Southampton. But the Czech did appear for Sunderland Under-21s last week – his second appearance for the development squad in a fortnight – in a bid to maintain his match fitness. Midfielder Liam Bridcutt is expected to be back in contention for Wednesday’s clash trip to Manchester City after missing the Everton game while his partner was in labour. Striker Jozy Altidore will also hope to be back in the frame after a knock kept him sidelined against the Toffees.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-14, 12:50 pm

TBH it may not be a bad thing, I like Bardo but he is off soon and maybe a change could help us in some way, clutching at straws I know but its all I have left.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-04-14, 12:52 pm

catts is due a red card

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-04-14, 1:41 pm

safc4eva wrote:catts is due a red card

Spring is here... trolls are coming out from under the stones

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-14, 1:46 pm

TBF to Catts I have watched him in the last few games, he has been right in the mix and would have had a red by now, maybe he is learning. We also need to look at his role and it is a role where you are more likely to get booked.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-04-14, 1:59 pm

cyprussyd wrote:TBF to Catts I have watched him in the last few games, he has been right in the mix and would have had a red by now, maybe he is learning. We also need to look at his role and it is a role where you are more likely to get booked.

Precisely. He may not be the best player in the world but I always believe we play better when Catts is on the pitch. We only capitulated against Spurs after he was taken off. With him on we may have forced the draw. We lost 2 goals at Norwich and Gus was forced to put him on before half time to steady the ship. In the West hame game if Poyet had replaced Bridcutt or Ki instead of Catts, for Johnson, we might have had a different story. Yes I know he has been a liability at times but he has learned and his reputation always precedes him with referees, and he never hides, nor does he ever give less than 100%.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-14, 3:28 pm

Well my team would be

Mannone
Cerluska..OShea..Wesley...Alonso
Bridcutt
Catts..Colback
Johnson ......Wickham.......Borini

In a 4-1-4-1 but with Johnson and Borini pushing forward and no Ki, I think Catts and Colbacks more aggressive style will be better.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-15, 6:31 pm

Bridcut out so apart from Bardo I guess same again.

MANNONE
CERLUSKA..OSHEA..BROWN..ALONSO
KI
JOHNSON..CATTERMOLE..COLBACK..BORINI
WICKHAM

And 3 points, FTM..KTF..IN GUS WE TRUST  and any other sayings you can add

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-04-15, 6:57 pm

Bridcutt and Bardsley out, so yes I would go with the latest team shown above.

If i were a betting man, would I bet on us getting any goals?

I bet the odds for us winning are quite good?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-15, 7:01 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Bridcutt and Bardsley out, so yes I would go with the latest team shown above.

If i were a betting man, would I bet on us getting any goals?

I bet the odds for us winning are quite good?
14/1, may be worth a punt, will we score, yes I think we may just do that. Will we win, well who could doubt us  Embarassed

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2014-04-16, 7:49 am

The team should be eleven red buses
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-16, 12:47 pm

GUS POYET will turn to Sunderland’s academy to make up the numbers at Manchester City after being hit by a lengthy list of absentees.

The Sunderland head coach has only 17 fit and available first-team players for tonight’s trip to the Etihad Stadium and will be forced to name one member of the Under-21 squad on the bench, while one of the club’s Under-18s has travelled to Manchester in case of further withdrawals.
Long-term casualties Steven Fletcher and Keiren Westwood are on the treatment table, Phil Bardsley is serving the first of his two-game ban after collecting his 10th yellow card of the season against Everton last weekend, while Liam Bridcutt is again missing for personal reasons.
But four other players, including hamstring victim Carlos Cuellar, are missing through injury and illness which has left Poyet facing a depleted squad for the first time during his six-month stint at the Stadium of Light.
Poyet told the Echo: “Injuries come through contact and that is football. But other ones come when there is tension and nerves.
“They all come with tiredness and especially the mental side of things.
“We have gone from having a full squad - with the exception of Westie for the (Capital One Cup) final last month to now having seven or eight players missing.
“That’s normal. It’s nothing against the players, it’s the tension, the nerves and the pressure.
“Fletcher and Westie are out injured, and Liam is out for personal reasons, while Phil is suspended. But we also have three or four other injuries, and one ill.
“They have all come together so, for the first time in my time here, we cannot make 18 for the game tonight. That’s not the best timing!”
Unlike previous seasons, Sunderland have not been plagued by injuries during the campaign.
Former managers Steve Bruce and Martin O’Neill both suffered significantly from key players spending long periods on the treatment table.
Neither Paolo Di Canio nor Poyet have endured such problems this season, although that is little comfort to the Sunderland boss, with the Black Cats rock bottom of the Premier League table.
“From all these injuries, there isn’t one that is a bad muscle injury,” added Poyet.
“It’s more tendinitis, or a bad back or something like that.
“The medical staff and our fitness coach Antonio Pintus have done a fantastic job. But I would have preferred a few more injuries and a few more wins!”
One player who is back in the fold though is Jozy Altidore after the American international missed the Everton defeat with a slight knock.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-16, 6:48 pm

Team news

TEAM NEWS: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Demichelis, Kolarov, Milner, Garcia, Fernandinho, Nasri, Aguero, Negredo #mcfc

Sunderland AFC ‏[ltr]@SAFCofficial[/ltr]  15 secs
Sunderland: Mannone, Vergini, Alonso, Brown, O'Shea (c), Cattermole, Colback, Larsson, Johnson, Borini, Wickham.
Collapse

•  

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2014-04-16, 7:21 pm

Ki not in the squad ????
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-16, 7:32 pm

Vincemac wrote:Ki not in the squad ????
injured

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-04-16, 7:36 pm

I am away down pub to watch game. Will be back on later hopefully smiling about the great escape! No not been drinking yet  Very Happy 
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-04-16, 8:04 pm

Who was it who said Catts and O'Shea were worth their places?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-16, 8:43 pm

we are only one down against a top team in a game we are down to get thrashed in, I wont complain at half time, well done. Now lets have a big second half

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-16, 9:24 pm

Mr C Wickham

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: