SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
Sunderland v Everton EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
Sunderland v Everton EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
Sunderland v Everton Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
Sunderland v Everton Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
Sunderland v Everton Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
Sunderland v Everton Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Sunderland v Everton Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
Sunderland v Everton Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
Sunderland v Everton Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Sunderland v Everton Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

Sunderland v Everton

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sunderland v Everton Empty Sunderland v Everton

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-08, 3:38 am

I'm sure that like me the last thing you want to do is think about a rampant Everton coming to see us i n a few days time but, like it or not coming they are.

We know that a miracle is now needed and we know we have to go for a win but, how does Gus even start to set up for that.

He is saying we need 3 central defenders because 2 cant cope but neither can 3 right now.

If I was Gus I would be going back to the players who at least looked like trying.

That means Colback in, I still have not worked out why he is out.
Many call Larsson but he gives his all.

I cant see how we can afford to have 3 at the back so any 2 please but not Virgini.

Get Johnson back on the right and Larsson left or even Colback left.

Or even be radical and go back to Borini on the left and one up front but make that one Wickham.

No I struggle to see us winning like I'm sure you do but we must at least give it a go.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Everton Empty Re: Sunderland v Everton

Post  gil t azell on 2014-04-08, 7:33 am

Totally disagree Syd. Get rid of the loanees now cos were not getting them. All them out of contract, sack them today and pay their contracts up and boot them out of SAFC. 

Play Watmore Ba,  Mavrias, Karlson etc and have some pace, fight and a little bit of effort in the team. 
Will probably still get relegated but at least there won't be a surrender like there was last night
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-08, 7:57 am

gil t azell wrote:Totally disagree Syd. Get rid of the loanees now cos were not getting them. All them out of contract, sack them today and pay their contracts up and boot them out of SAFC. 

Play Watmore Ba,  Mavrias, Karlson etc and have some pace, fight and a little bit of effort in the team. 
Will probably still get relegated but at least there won't be a surrender like there was last night
would not argue with that gil, right now I just feel very let down and despite what I think are some mistakes from Poyet he is probably the one person I'm not annoyed with.

His team selections have been wrong but in all honesty I think he realised he had a team that left him short on options so tried all he could to find the mix but there was not one.

One concern, well one amongst many is the quality of the January signings.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2014-04-08, 8:35 am

I don't give a shite anymore,so let gus play who the f*ck he wants.
I just wish the season was over now,i'm tired of the same bullshit.
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-08, 9:13 am

Well give a shit or not I am paid up for 4 more home games this season, will be there and do give a shit, I expect something to make it worth my time.

That for me means a team of players who do give a shit and are ready to d me with some fight.

I dont expect them to win, I do expect them to try.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-04-08, 9:30 am

That's the problem though syd , we know they probably won't win certain games so all we ask is for effort and a bit of pride. Currently we are getting none at all from them which for me anyway meant we were down on Saturday with those terrible results that went against us.
Was expecting to get beat last night as well but not the total capitulation I saw.
As for supporting SAFC what are the alternatives, glory hunt with a top 4 side? Not for me. Go to the dark side? Again not for me. Looks like I'm stuck with them however useless and spineless and talentless they are.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-08, 9:57 am

I have been churned up all night Talc about my season ticket, do I cancel but I dont want to so do I pay my 495, again I dont want to.

My choice seems to be, move to concession and save a few hundred quid or cancel and pick games to go to.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-04-08, 10:29 am

I'm excited for the this game! Prob just cause im going  Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-08, 10:26 pm

If it was me I would go into Saturdays game with the attitude we are f*cked so lets just relax and enjoy, my team..

MANNONE
BARDSLEY...OSHEA..BROWN..ALSONSO
CATTERMOLE
JOHNSON..KI..COLBACK..BORINI
WICKHAM

I'm sure it wont be Poyets team but its the team and formation that was working.

The 3 central defenders is not working, we dont need Catts and Bridcut and Scocco leave on the bench.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2014-04-08, 11:11 pm

Like you Syd and talc say just want the season over but have paid for the last four games as well.
I just want some effort, pride and if possible twenty one points.

I renewed my season ticket same day as the WHU game so if we go down at least it's four more home games to enjoy/suffer.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-10, 4:32 pm

Despite all our doom and gloom we do have a game on Saturday and we do need to get behind whoever plays, we could even win.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-10, 6:18 pm

writing on the wall, Gus on radio Newcastle said he likes a 4-1-4-1 system but the players feel comfortable with the 3-2--3-2.

Well the players me like it but its not bloody working

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-10, 6:33 pm

Just listened to Gus and he says for the remainder of the games we will have a team that is a mix of mental attitude and quality so, who would that be?

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-11, 1:48 pm

TEAM NEWS
Sunderland head coach Gus Poyet remains without long-term absentees Steven Fletcher and Keiren Westwood but has no other injury problems.
Wes Brown is available, having suffered no ill effects from a blow to the face against Spurs.
Leon Osman is Everton's only doubt, having had five stitches in an eye wound he sustained against Arsenal.
Phil Jagielka could return from a hamstring injury for next weekend's visit of Manchester United.
MATCH PREVIEW
As we know on Match of the Day, the highlights can't always tell the whole, unedited, story.
Consider the highlights of Sunderland's season - a memorable trip to Wembley for the League Cup final, a run to the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, a first Wear-Tyne league 'double' since 1966-67.
Now comes the big 'but'.
LAWRO'S PREDICTION
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Mark LawrensonFootball analyst
"The Black Cats' biggest problem is up front. Their manager Gus Poyet keeps changing things in attack because, without the injured Steven Fletcher, they just do not have enough quality.
"Sunderland need goals to get them points, but I cannot see them getting either against Everton."

• Read Lawro's full prediction and score

Beating Newcastle at home and away meant the world to Wearsiders BUT, since completing the job at St. James' Park on 1 February, their world has gone wonky.
After that game, Gus Poyet remarked: "If we don't stay up now it will be a shame…the players have belief".
They also have only one more point on the board from seven league games played since, and after Monday's new low at Spurs the Poyet tune had changed to "we need a miracle….something unique". To be honest they had it at White Hart Lane with a goal from Lee Cattermole, but even that didn't turn things around.
Whilst Sunderland look closer than ever to the Championship, Everton are closing in on the Champions League, and even a draw here would take them above Arsenal into that coveted fourth place.
All the signs, though, point to a win that would be a seventh in a row for Roberto Martinez's men. It would equal Everton's best ever run in the Premier League AND bring up a new club record points total in the competition - with five games still to come.
They were superb last weekend against Arsenal, with the decision to use Romelu Lukaku on the right-hand side proving a Martinez masterstroke. He might not need to think outside the box so much against Sunderland's struggling defence.
On Boxing Day, Sunderland beat Everton at Goodison Park, with the edited story then being about the goalkeepers -Tim Howard was sent off, Vito Mannone was magnificent.
Here's another Poyet quote to finish: "Even with 10 men they were the best team we've played….it's incredible that we've beaten them". They need 'incredible' again.
MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

• Sunderland have won 1-0 in their last two matches against Everton, having previously failed to win any of the previous 16 meetings in the Premier League (D4, L12).
  • The Black Cats have scored just four goals in the last six meetings.
  • Sunderland have netted just two second-half goals in their last 18 Premier League meetings with Everton.

Sunderland

• Since their victory over Everton on Boxing Day, the Black Cats have won just three of their subsequent 13 league matches (W3, D3, L7).
  • They haven't won any of their last seven matches (D1, L6).
  • Their 5-1 defeat by Spurs was their heaviest defeat under Gus Poyet.
  • Sunderland are one of only three Premier League sides to have won fewer points at home than they have away this season (12 at home, 13 away).
  • They have won fewer points at home than any other top-flight side.
  • Adam Johnson has scored or set up 12 goals for Sunderland this season in the league (eight goals, four assists) - no other player has been involved in more than four goals for the Black Cats.

Everton

• The Toffees have now won six Premier League games in a row, matching their best ever run - set in November 2002.
  • Their total of 63 points this season is exactly the same as they achieved in the whole of last season. The last time they had more points after 32 games was in 1985-86 (66 points).
  • Their highest points tally in a single Premier League campaign is 65 in 2007-08.
  • Everton have scored three or more goals in four successive league games for the first time since 1 January 1987.
  • Romelu Lukaku's return of 13 league goals was last bettered by an Everton player in a single season in 2007-08, when Yakubu got 15. Only three players (Suarez 52, Van Persie 37, Sturridge 31) have scored more top-flight goals than Lukaku since August 2012.
  • Gareth Barry has scored four Premier League goals against the Black Cats, more than against any other side.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-04-11, 2:26 pm

we'll probably play five at the back plus two holding midfield players in a game we need to win.we had one kick against everton away and came back with three points .lightning may strike twice

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-11, 4:55 pm

Sadly I think we all go into this game expecting the worst, lets hope we are all wrong.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-11, 9:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2014-04-11, 10:45 pm

Drink has kicked in. Vast quantities incidentally and courtesy of the amber nectar I predict a victory AND survival.
The players now know they are Deffo going most apparently to ply their trade in the premier or European equivalent so surely they can give us some payback for one bloody month.
Will probably call myself all the muppets under the sun tomorrow when I sober up but at this moment am happy.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-11, 11:10 pm

I think drink is our only hope Gil

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-12, 6:53 am

Its match day, a day that has seen the same routine and feel in me for years but not today, I'm struggling badly to get any motivation, if the players feel like this then god help us.

Since I have been travelling on the branch bus I would have had a number of texts by now to check I was going because there would be a waiting list for seats, no texts this week.

We still have points to play for and we can still survive, but, it seems, indeed feels, like all hope has gone and everyone has now accepted the inevitable, we all now the fear lurking.

Unless we can get some kind of motivation we could see a embarrassing and humiliating final few weeks, does it matter, well yes it does.

In the space of a week I have gone from hope, optimism and fight to fear and flat, so flat.

Dont like being in this place.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2014-04-12, 8:07 am

Well I'm sobering up and my heart is still ruling my head. Still think we can stay up.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-04-12, 9:21 am

Think with me it's more a case of HOPE we stay up mate but after seeing many relegations I fear the worst.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-04-12, 9:27 am

Gill, meet me outside the ground and bring a bottle please

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2014-04-12, 9:44 pm

We played okay..but the usual problems we cannot score and we give goals away..so we lost 3 points.

Plus points Wickham was busy but has the Altidore problem, if you want to be know as a striker..you have to score. Thought Alonso, Catts and Ki had decent games.

Everton were not a impressive as I assumed they would be, if Brown had not scored for,them I doubt they would have scored. Although I would likemthem not the Arse to,get fourth CL spot.
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-04-12, 10:01 pm

I'll be honest here I thought we did okay and more than matched them for a good hour. Then we have us giving yet another own goal away ( got to be the worst in the league) and , we just gave up for about 10 minutes. Matched them for the last 15 or so but, again our strikers are pants. The lads put effort in and also showed a bit of fight but, a goal down with about 20 to play was always going to end badly. The ref could've been better again got to stop relying in these sack less pieces of shit to get things right.
All in if we can play like that against the other three teams down there then we have a slim chance of survival.
Feeling a bit better after today so it's all down to the lads and Gus to keep up that level. Hopefully it's not a case of big/top team performance again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum