SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland vs Benfica B - Thursday 18th July
Sunderland v West Ham United EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Got my pass, have you got yours?
Sunderland v West Ham United EmptyYesterday at 9:01 pm by Vincemac

» Good Luck
Sunderland v West Ham United Empty2019-07-17, 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
Sunderland v West Ham United Empty2019-07-17, 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
Sunderland v West Ham United Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Sunderland v West Ham United Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
Sunderland v West Ham United Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

» Love departs
Sunderland v West Ham United Empty2019-07-14, 9:08 am by barrowmackem

» McGeady
Sunderland v West Ham United Empty2019-07-14, 9:06 am by barrowmackem

» Twitter 1
Sunderland v West Ham United Empty2019-07-12, 5:19 pm by Hieronymus

Sunderland v West Ham United

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sunderland v West Ham United Empty Sunderland v West Ham United

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-03-27, 7:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think we have found the formation for our remaining away games and maybe even Everton but, what about at home?

For me we go back to a back 4 of

Bardsley..Oshea..Brown..Alonso with Mannone behind them.

We protect them with what I thought was a very affective

Cattermole..Bridcutt

That should hopefully stop them scoring.

That leaves 4 to chose from and two of those 4 are Johnson and Ki with the freedom to create..

Next is the most start Borini, so

Who is number 11?

It must be Altidore or Whickham for me but after last night its a hard choice.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v West Ham United Empty Re: Sunderland v West Ham United

Post  Rovertsafc on 2014-03-27, 10:09 am

Altidore for me up front he will give WHU defenders some of what they will try to do against us,ie they will throw it in the middle for you know who.
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-03-27, 10:15 am

how about

MANNONE
BARDO..OSHEA..BROWN..ALONSO
CATTS..BRIDCUTT
JOHNSON....ALTIDORE....KI
BORINI

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2014-03-27, 11:25 am

What about ki more in the middle with altidore pulling wide
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-03-27, 11:30 am

Rovertsafc wrote:What about ki more in the middle with altidore pulling wide

I would agree with that, Ki is too influential to be out on the wing-ish

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-03-27, 11:33 am

TBH the starting place is not important, it seemed to me that when Ki and Johnson came on at Liverpool all 3 just ran, Johnson came left and Altidore and Ki would move in, it was the movement I liked and all three seemed to benefit from it.

Stick Borini in the mix and it could cause problems for the other side

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-03-27, 5:09 pm

By the time we all sit down in stadium, pub or at home we will all know what the manager and team will know, what a win will mean and more importantly just what a loss will mean.

With Cardiff and West Brom playing each other we will either be second bottom or will be able to open a gap on Cardiff.

Fulham play Everton so we could be bottom, or not.

And Palace play Chelsea.

Whatever the others do we know now that a draw will be no good, keep mus in the bottom 3 so its shit or bust time.

Nerves will be on show in the stands but we need cool heads, desire and fight on the pitch.

Being Sunderland means that none of us, including Gus will know until kick off if we have our fighting heads on.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2014-03-27, 5:15 pm

Would it be wrong of me to say as an added bonus I hope you slaughter Wet Sham because I can't stand their manager! I want you to win for all the other reasons too, but that's just a little bonus for me!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-03-27, 6:02 pm

Can we put Dozy cannot score and Carthorse Wickham to one side for now.

Play Borini and Johnston up front, Ki, Clatterhard, Birdcutt and Colback in midfield and the usual suspects as aback four.

Sorted

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-03-27, 6:49 pm

Whatever Gus does we all know he has one major puzzle to solve at home,

HOW DO WE BREAKDOWN A SOLID DEFENCE

I dont go along with your, dozy and carthorse comments sunders, Whickham the carthorse, how many chances as he had exactly and what did he do wrong last night?

Jozy I saw last night what Cutey has been banging on about, support him and play off him may well be the key.

Borini is a must up front for me its down to how Gus sets us up to a)make the space and b) use the space.

If we can agree that Liverpool are a very good side and we agree that the SS strike force is deadly then we must accept that last night we saw just how hard breaking down a solid defence is. A world class free kick and a deflected shot beat us.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-03-27, 7:21 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland v West Ham United 1958190_10201473462465775_1292190687_n

I think we have found the formation for our remaining away games and maybe even Everton but, what about at home?

For me we go back to a back 4 of

Bardsley..Oshea..Brown..Alonso with Mannone behind them.

We protect them with what I thought was a very affective

Cattermole..Bridcutt

That should hopefully stop them scoring.

That leaves 4 to chose from and two of those 4 are Johnson and Ki with the freedom to create..

Next is the most start Borini, so

Who is number 11?

It must be Altidore or Whickham for me but after last night its a hard choice.

Only reason BORINI didn't play last night cause he's on loan from Liverpool 
Hed torn that defence to shreds had he played 
I just simply dont  rate wickham or altadore simply not good enough & nee pace 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-03-27, 7:23 pm

Rovertsafc wrote:Altidore for me up front he will give WHU defenders some of what they will try to do against us,ie they will throw it in the middle for you know who.
 Laughing  Your joking jozy is so weak it's unreal 
He's softer than me

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2014-03-27, 8:28 pm

Just an observation, but I don't see much in Borini that makes him an automatic selection. I find him too excitable and his running speed makes him lose control of the ball so it affects his shooting.

Counter-attack open space football such as the cup final suits him best but in and around the crowded box he is not that effective.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2014-03-27, 9:12 pm

Personally I would stick with the three central defenders, Bardsley and Alonso pushing on will put WHU under pressure. I was pleased to see Catts and Bridcutt together in the middle, stick with it!!

This all allows the front three to play with freedom, swapping positions all of the time, keep the ball on the deck against their cart-horse defenders.

Front three? Borini, Ki and Johnson (if the right one turns up), they are our only goalscorers, or dare I say it Altidore (he does play better when he has the freedom to go wide and deep)

run To make it all work the  run tempo run  has to be high run like the last 20 mins at Anfield run
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-03-27, 9:35 pm

Mackemneil wrote:Personally I would stick with the three central defenders, Bardsley and Alonso pushing on will put WHU under pressure. I was pleased to see Catts and Bridcutt together in the middle, stick with it!!

This all allows the front three to play with freedom, swapping positions all of the time, keep the ball on the deck against their cart-horse defenders.

Front three? Borini, Ki and Johnson (if the right one turns up), they are our only goalscorers, or dare I say it Altidore (he does play better when he has the freedom to go wide and deep)

run To make it all work the  run tempo run  has to be high run like the last 20 mins at Anfield run
would not complain at that

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-03-28, 10:47 am

canary-dave wrote:Would it be wrong of me to say as an added bonus I hope you slaughter Wet Sham because I can't stand their manager! I want you to win for all the other reasons too, but that's just a little bonus for me!

Now now Dave....

Sunderland v West Ham United Samalder1_zps04a18779

Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2014-03-28, 11:26 am

silvers wrote:
canary-dave wrote:Would it be wrong of me to say as an added bonus I hope you slaughter Wet Sham because I can't stand their manager! I want you to win for all the other reasons too, but that's just a little bonus for me!

Now now Dave....

Wink

Wow! Didn't realise he was a Black Cat for a short time, judging by the way he plays the game now, I'm shocked that he's ever been anywhere near a football pitch!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-03-30, 6:48 am

Is the game on sky sports ? Hope the chat box is available  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2014-03-30, 6:51 am

Yes game is on sky Monday night football
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-03-30, 7:22 am

ScotCat-Ghirl wrote:Is the game on sky sports ? Hope the chat box is available  Very Happy
and yes chatbox is always open

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-03-30, 8:13 am

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce may be more concerned with winning the respect of his own fans than the match at Sunderland on Monday.
DON'T MISS

• Allardyce defiant despite boos
  • Wickham relishing opportunity

• Noble calls for fan positivity
  • Poyet urges Sunderland fight

Allardyce endured the wrath of the Upton Park boo boys following Wednesday's Premier League clash with Hull City, despite guiding his men to a 2-1 victory.

A Mark Noble penalty and a James Chester own goal ensured that the east London club secured all three points after Hull goalkeeper Allan McGregor was sent off in the 24th minute but the performance was jeered by a section of the club's supporters.

Allardyce is confident , however, that he has the backing of the majority of fans ahead of Monday's trip to the Stadium of Light.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]WEST HAM LATEST
7/1
"I think, like everything else, it's a small minority but small minorities are good at voicing their opinion, we all know that," he told the press. "It was all borne out of frustration because they expected us to win more comfortably than we did.

"In the cold light of day, everyone realised how important that win was and everybody has got to realise what we have done in the last eight games - we've got 15 points in those eight games and that is about a top-six finish in the Premier League, or at least a top-eight [finish].

"The frustration was understandable because when people see you are playing against 10 men, they think it's easier. We know, as professionals, that it's not that easy and that proved to be the case.

"The most important thing was to win the game, acquire the three points and try to push on from here."

For Sunderland, who won this fixture 3-0 last season, the sole focus will be on picking up the three points once again. Gus Poyet's charges still languish in the bottom three but will have games in hand on every other team in the top flight at kick-off.

Having failed to win any of their last six matches in all competitions, midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng - on loan from Swansea City - is under no illusions as to the importance of Monday's fixture.

"We're all aware of what we need to do in the next game - it's crucial," he told the Black Cats' official website. "If we get three points from that one it could see us move up the table and close the gap.

"We're the home team and West Ham are coming to play us; we need to match them and take the game to them to make sure we take something from it."

Sunderland will be without striker Steven Fletcher (ankle) again, while Keiren Westwood remains on the sidelines with a shoulder injury, but on-loan forward Fabio Borini is back in contention after missing the 2-1 defeat to parent club Liverpool in midweek.

James Collins (calf) is definitely out for West Ham but fellow centre-back James Tomkins could be involved despite a knock.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-03-30, 2:51 pm

WH fans just couldn't handle supporting Sunderland  Laughing They would top themselves. Booing after win?  Suspect  Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-03-30, 3:29 pm

canary-dave wrote:
silvers wrote:

Now now Dave....

Sunderland v West Ham United Samalder1_zps04a18779

Wink

Wow! Didn't realise he was a Black Cat for a short time, judging by the way he plays the game now, I'm shocked that he's ever been anywhere near a football pitch!

The Mags weren't happy with him as Manager.... and the Roker Park connection.......

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-03-30, 3:34 pm

Thats me packed

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-03-30, 3:40 pm

don't forget your phyllosan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content