SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Charlton v Sunderland
The Conspiracy  Theory EmptyToday at 5:05 am by canary-dave

» Come back Theresa
The Conspiracy  Theory EmptyYesterday at 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
The Conspiracy  Theory Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
The Conspiracy  Theory Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
The Conspiracy  Theory Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
The Conspiracy  Theory Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
The Conspiracy  Theory Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
The Conspiracy  Theory Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
The Conspiracy  Theory Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

» You are shit
The Conspiracy  Theory Empty2019-05-20, 9:26 pm by Nostalgic

The Conspiracy Theory

Go down

The Conspiracy  Theory Empty The Conspiracy Theory

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-03-10, 8:46 am

Conspiracy is the word but could it have a grain of truth, how much did Gus want to win yesterdays game?

Now I'm not saying for one moment that he wanted to lose and threw the game but, did he really want to win.

We have had our day at Wembley and are games behind, a win or worse a draw yesterday would have seen the fixture congestion grew even worse.

We know that relegation is not an option, now who said that.

We know that injuries and suspensions are a no no and the more games the more chance of picking up both.

We could all see how much off the pace Scocco was, Poyet must have known that before a ball was kicked but we played him.

Fletcher needed help at the very least and Bonini is a willing worker, if we really wanted to win would we not have played him?

If the stats at the end of the season read

EPL status maintained
Capital One Cup finalists
FA Cup quarter finalists

That for me is a good first season for Gus

If it read

Relegated
Capital one cup finalists
FA Cup semi finalists or even finalists

Not so good.

So did Gus hedge on the side of the relegation scrap rather that FA Cup glory and if he did, was he right.

Well for me its a big yes because option one above looks good to me and option 2 is a nightmare.

Gus looked like a man after the game who seemed to have accepted defeat and was focused on the fight ahead but, his talk radio interview, posted by BCK would suggest he was angry so what is the truth, well we will never know but that should not stop us speculating.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

The Conspiracy  Theory Empty Re: The Conspiracy Theory

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-03-10, 8:57 am

You could also include some of the refereeing decisions given against us in any conspiracy theory..Cattermoles  booking was a joke as was the free kick that was given which led to their first goal...That does not excuse our very poor performance though..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-03-10, 9:04 am

MrRAWhite wrote:You could also include some of the refereeing decisions given against us in any conspiracy theory..Cattermoles  booking was a joke as was the free kick that was given which led to their first goal...That does not excuse our very poor performance though..

Refereeing is a distraction from the theory and the more I look the more it seems there could be truth in it.

At the back we did OK, yes OShea should have cut out the corner but we saved a pen nd the other two goals cant be blamed on defence.

Mifield was short on creativity, Giaccorini was there to provide it but didnt and Scocco was so far off he should not have started.

At half time it seemed obvious that we needed Johnson and Borini on and if we really wanted to win then IMO we would have made the changes then.

Now we may well still have lost but thats not the point, not wanting to win is.

TBH I dont have a big problem with not winning or even not trying but 4000, you included MrRAW spent cash and gave their time to go and support, that seems a little unfair.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-03-10, 9:11 am

As far as Poyet's team selection is concerned, my theory is that he thought that the players he left out were in need of a break before the very busy fixture list which lies ahead..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-03-10, 9:20 am

Thing is RAW it was more or less the same team that beat Southampton comfortably so I'm sticking with the wanted to win it but not too nicked off we lost camp.
As you say option 2 is a total non starter just hope the players realise that as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-03-10, 9:26 am

MrRAWhite wrote:As far as Poyet's team selection is concerned, my theory is that he thought that the players he left out were in need of a break before the very busy fixture list which lies ahead..

Agreed.  Plus the fact that Scocco hasn't had a happy season in Brazil, and to maximize our viable squad, he, Vergini and Ustari need EPL game time to get the hang of it.  Dossena hadn't had a game for a while either.  So I think Gus considered this a good game to get that done without threat to our PL survival effort.  I'm not saying Gus wanted to lose - I don't believe that for a minute.  But he was in a situation where if we won, we're off to Wembley and if we lose, we can still survive in the league.  I don't think he was so much annoyed at the loss, but the way we lost.

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2014-03-10, 1:53 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:As far as Poyet's team selection is concerned, my theory is that he thought that the players he left out were in need of a break before the very busy fixture list which lies ahead..

yes, that's my thoughts.

He had eyes on a fit (and available) first team for next week's biggie ..

Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-03-10, 2:28 pm

silvers wrote:

yes, that's my thoughts.

He had eyes on a fit (and available) first team for next week's biggie ..

Seems reasonable. Gus couldn't win really no matter what he did, so he took the view that next week was more important. I happen to agree with him.

I am not sorry we are out of the cup. The supporters had a great day out last week, and many would have struggled to repeat that once, or even twice, more anyway. Now there are no more excuses. Play our best team every week and win those home games and we will be fine.  Very Happy 
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum