SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland vs Benfica B - Thursday 18th July
Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Got my pass, have you got yours?
Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup EmptyYesterday at 9:01 pm by Vincemac

» Good Luck
Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup Empty2019-07-17, 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup Empty2019-07-17, 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

» Love departs
Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup Empty2019-07-14, 9:08 am by barrowmackem

» McGeady
Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup Empty2019-07-14, 9:06 am by barrowmackem

» Twitter 1
Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup Empty2019-07-12, 5:19 pm by Hieronymus

Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup

Go down

Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup Empty In Gus I trust

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-03-09, 5:39 pm

Poyet ready to do battle

Published: 09 March, 2014
by Kate Morton

Head coach remains focused after cup exit.

Sunderland chief Gus Poyet was frank in his post-match assessment after watching his side exit the FA Cup with Budweiser following a 3-0 defeat at Hull City.

The Uruguayan pulled no punches admitting he didn’t want to spend too much time dwelling on the result.

“I’m not going to go too deep into this, we weren’t good enough.” Poyet told safc.com after the final whistle.  

“We didn’t create enough and we didn’t adapt to the game or the circumstances.

“The only way to get something from a game when things aren’t going your way is to defend well and we did not do that – especially for their first goal.”

The Tigers broke the deadlock at the KC Stadium on the 68th minute, when City captain Curtis Davis headed home a Tom Huddlestone free kick to open the scoring.

Within the nine minutes that followed former Black Cat David Meyler grabbed a second for the home side and then striker Matty Fryatt drove home their third.

“The first goal changed the game,” Poyet continued. “We didn’t come to hold the game we wanted to win it. 

“I brought players on who are regularly in the team for us; the fans were very happy to see Fabio and Johnno come on and then two minutes later we conceded a goal. 

“Sometimes the decisions you make work and sometimes they don’t. They [Borini and Johnson] are not responsible for the goal, but the game changed at that point.”

The head coach remained pragmatic after the defeat and turned his attention to getting points on the board:

“We’ve been talking about cup games for weeks and then maybe a return to Wembley; it’s over now. No more talking or analysis, it’s all about the Barclays Premier League.

“Next week is where our battle starts. We need to go out and create more; we’re at home so we need to take the game to Crystal Palace," Poyet added.

“We need to concentrate on the league, sometimes I don’t like to make out that a game is like a cup final but I think it’s the only way we can approach our remaining games.”

He concluded: “We cannot give any more points away, we can’t complain any more, we need to go out and be man enough to win our games.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup Empty Re: Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup

Post  oldblackcat on 2014-03-09, 5:48 pm

Fair comment Gus.....still not happy about todays performance tho
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup Empty Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-03-09, 7:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
 HULL CITY  3 SUNDERLAND 0   

Dear Sufferers,

I’m not going to go too deep into this, we weren’t good enough, we didn’t create enough and we didn’t adapt to the game or the circumstances.

The only way to get something from a game when things aren’t going your way is to defend well and we did not do that – especially for their first goal.

The goal changed the game; we didn’t come to hold the game we wanted to win it.

I brought players on who are regularly in the team for us; the fans were very happy to see Fabio and Johnno come on and then two minutes later we conceded a goal.

Sometimes the decisions you make work and sometimes they don’t. They [Borini and Johnson] are not responsible for the goal, but the game changed at that point.

We’ve been talking about cup games for weeks and then maybe a return to Wembley; it’s over now. No more talking or analysis, it’s all about the Barclays Premier League.

Next week is where our battle starts. We need to go out and create more; we’re at home so we need to take the game to Crystal Palace.

We need to concentrate on the league, sometimes I don’t like to make out that a game is like a cup final but I think it’s the only way we can approach our remaining games.

We cannot give any more points away, we can’t complain any more, we need to go out and be man enough to win our games.

All the best,
Gus Poyet

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup Empty Re: Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup

Post  Guest on 2014-03-10, 6:42 pm

I got the impression he didn't care anyway. Gutted myself. Would loved us to have a chance of winning the fa cup. Even if it meant going down for a season. 
I'm still backing Gus though. I think he is the man for the job.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-03-10, 6:47 pm

Totally different for me SCG would rather we stayed up as that is where the money is and that is how we should progress. The cup run was a nice distraction from our league form and predicament and, wouldn't have missed Wembley for anything but, the league is priority for teams like us.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-03-10, 6:52 pm

I know it's our bread and butter so to speak but still would have been nice to win a trophy. But still we didn't so we need hundred percent focus on the league now. We really need to get rid of some of our dross Fletcher, Dozy etc. it's going to be an interesting summer for sure. We need a goal scorer! I'm gonna miss Borini. He's gave me great times supporting the lads, those goals against the mags. We need a smiley with drool coming from his mouth haha

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-03-10, 7:07 pm

I'm with Gus all the way, I had a fantastic weekend at Wembley and have the feeling that had we done it again it may have been an anti climax, would certainly have hindered an already tough run in.

Its now 100% focus on staying up, no distractions and no excuses.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-03-10, 7:44 pm

Exactly. I honestly feel that the f.a cup was luxury we can't afford right now. Gus is trying to build something here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-03-10, 7:46 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I'm with Gus all the way, I had a fantastic weekend at Wembley and have the feeling that had we done it again it may have been an anti climax, would certainly have hindered an already tough run in.

Its now 100% focus on staying up, no distractions and no excuses.

I was with you lot in Covent garden and Wembley in spirit. Smile 
The videos I seen were class. It looked top drawer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-03-10, 11:08 pm

ScotCat-Ghirl wrote:I know it's our bread and butter so to speak but still would have been nice to win a trophy. But still we didn't so we need hundred percent focus on the league now. We really need to get rid of some of our dross Fletcher, Dozy etc. it's going to be an interesting summer for sure. We need a goal scorer! I'm gonna miss Borini. He's gave me great times supporting the lads, those goals against the mags. We need a smiley with drool coming from his mouth haha

Poyet's Post match Verdct -Hull FA Cup Drooling-smiley_zps7f7b0160

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-03-11, 12:27 am

yipeee I love it  cheers Hooray !

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-03-11, 6:55 am

ScotCat-Ghirl wrote:I know it's our bread and butter so to speak but still would have been nice to win a trophy. But still we didn't so we need hundred percent focus on the league now. We really need to get rid of some of our dross Fletcher, Dozy etc. it's going to be an interesting summer for sure. We need a goal scorer! I'm gonna miss Borini. He's gave me great times supporting the lads, those goals against the mags. We need a smiley with drool coming from his mouth haha
Knock yourself out......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum