SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Week 08
Not going to Wembley EmptyToday at 4:06 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Sunderland Goalkeeper suffers broken arm
Not going to Wembley EmptyToday at 3:14 pm by Kipper

» Bolton Wanders v Sunderland AFC
Not going to Wembley EmptyToday at 12:02 pm by barrowmackem

» Jack Ross
Not going to Wembley EmptyToday at 9:56 am by Kipper

» Has Donald been told to zip it
Not going to Wembley EmptyYesterday at 9:36 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions Week 11
Not going to Wembley EmptyYesterday at 9:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 10
Not going to Wembley EmptyYesterday at 9:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 09
Not going to Wembley EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» FFP, FPP
Not going to Wembley EmptyYesterday at 10:27 am by Kipper

» RESULTS OF WEEK 5 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 6
Not going to Wembley Empty2019-09-18, 9:28 pm by Hieronymus

Not going to Wembley

Go down

Not going to Wembley Empty Not going to Wembley

Post  Guest on 2014-02-24, 1:53 pm

For those of us not going to Wembley where's everyone watching the game?
Personally might head down to the Sunderland better than watching it up here in Glasgow. Anyone want to meet up?

Back to top Go down

Not going to Wembley Empty Re: Not going to Wembley

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-02-24, 2:10 pm

I have a dilemma. Stay at home and watch in comfort in front of my nice TV with hubby, or go to pub (in Tynemouth, so full of Newcastle supporters!) with dodgy satellite (it is only being shown on Sky, not terrestrial TV) and get a terrible view, although will be more sociable being with my son and other mates. What to do ....??  I am leaning towards going to the pub anyway and recording the match to watch again at home later, if I can bear it  tongue 

Whatever everyone does I hope we all have a great day.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-02-24, 2:40 pm

As it stands at present, I'm travelling down to Wembley without a ticket, but if nothing has come my way by tomorrow morning, I may bite the bullet and go for a ticket in the City end from one of the more reliable sites, which are going for around the £150-£250 mark..The Sunderland end tickets are going for crazy prices when they do come up..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2014-02-24, 3:40 pm

Sad to say it's the wife's 60th and we will be in tenerefe but I will pick the match up over there.only sad I'm not at wembley.i even looked at flights to heathrow and return but could get there but not back til late Monday.
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-02-26, 7:44 pm

froggy1973 wrote:For those of us not going to Wembley where's everyone watching the game?
Personally might head down to the Sunderland better than watching it up here in Glasgow. Anyone want to meet up?
I have just had a PM on the not606 site from a lad from Aberdeen saying that he had a couple of tickets for sale..How the hell he got hold of them is beyond me..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-02-26, 8:06 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:
froggy1973 wrote:For those of us not going to Wembley where's everyone watching the game?
I have just had a PM on the not606 site from a lad from Aberdeen saying that he had a couple of tickets for sale..How the hell he got hold of them is beyond me..

Is the League Cup like the FA Cup if it is all affiliated clubs get a couple of tickets, I went to a couple of FA Cups cos' I won the 'raffle' for the club I played for. Mind I doubt Scottish clubs are included in that.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-02-26, 8:20 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:

Is the League Cup like the FA Cup if it is all affiliated clubs get a couple of tickets, I went to a couple of FA Cups cos' I won the 'raffle' for the club I played for. Mind I doubt Scottish clubs are included in that.
I think it is only English league clubs that get allocated tickets for this one..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-02-26, 11:31 pm

Do you know if he's still got them?

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-02-27, 10:54 am

froggy1973 wrote:Do you know if he's still got them?
He is a poster who goes by the name Big Country on not606..I have never heard of him to be honest, but he informed me that he and his wife are season ticket holders who are unable to go. He said he is based in Aberdeen..That is as much as I know mate..You could try and send him a personal message on not606 to see if you could find out more and sort something out..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-02-27, 11:10 am

My plans to watch the game have gone something like this :-

1  Get a ticket for Wembley.          Failed (so far)

2  Go up to SOL to watch game.  Added bonus of a weekend on the drink and catch up with family.  Nice fall back plan , but have been summoned to work Saturday night , leaving no time to get from Kent to Sunlun in time to watch the game.

3 Go to London to watch game , but aforementioned night shift is making that awkward.  Still viable though.

4  Pub 200 yards from home. No other Mackems will be there , but at least 2 Citeh fans get in there. Cheapest option.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-02-27, 12:14 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:
He is a poster who goes by the name Big Country on not606..I have never heard of him to be honest, but he informed me that he and his wife are season ticket holders who are unable to go. He said he is based in Aberdeen..That is as much as I know mate..You could try and send him a personal message on not606 to see if you could find out more and sort something out..
Checked his profile and he only joined yesterday so don't think I'll trust him

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-02-27, 8:37 pm

froggy1973 wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:
Checked his profile and he only joined yesterday so don't think I'll trust him
I wasn't too sure either mate...I suggested that if he couldn't make the game, then he could ring the club to tell them, and inform them that he knew someone who wanted them which would have been me..That was the last I heard from him...

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-02-28, 11:23 am

Entered a another prize draw for tickets failing that going to a pub called Rhoderick Dhu in Glasgow where I've watched the last to televised victories over the Mags dragging my Missus along as she's my good luck charm.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-02-28, 12:13 pm

froggy1973 wrote:Entered a another prize draw for tickets failing that going to a pub called Rhoderick Dhu in Glasgow where I've watched the last to televised victories over the Mags dragging my Missus along as she's my good luck charm.
I'm sorry that you haven't managed to get a ticket marra, and it really boils my piss when I see a Mag on the local TV and newspapers who has got a ticket, and he professes he is going in honour of his late father who was a Sunderland fan. This Mag went on to say that his dad had brought him up to be a Sunderland fan, but he changed to supporting Newcastle when he was older..
If he was doing it for his dad, then why the hell did he feel the need to inform the local TV and newspapers, which in my opinion just gives them The mag story they always crave for. And secondly how the hell does a mag manage to get a ticket when thousands of genuine Sunderland fans can't get one..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-03-01, 8:27 am

Could have got a ticket of one of the websites but as you probably know going for silly money which I just can't afford. And thats what really boils my piss even more than that Mag getting a ticket. Sunderland fans ripping off fellow fans who want to go. Aye fine if you bought a ticket but for whatever reason can't make it then sell your ticket on for face value or even make a slight profit or return it to the club but don't sell it on 5-6 times the face value that's just taking the piss.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum