SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
Cup Final, now we know EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
Cup Final, now we know EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
Cup Final, now we know Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
Cup Final, now we know Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
Cup Final, now we know Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
Cup Final, now we know Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Cup Final, now we know Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
Cup Final, now we know Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
Cup Final, now we know Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Cup Final, now we know Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

Cup Final, now we know

Go down

Cup Final, now we know Empty Cup Final, now we know

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-02-15, 4:39 pm

Sold out so no general sale, guess thats that

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Cup Final, now we know Empty Re: Cup Final, now we know

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-02-15, 5:03 pm

Wembley tickets sold out
Published: 15 February, 2014
by Sunderland AFC

Ticketing update regarding Capital One Cup final.

Following the completion of the phase one and phase two application procedures, Sunderland AFC can confirm that the club has sold out its allocation of tickets for the Capital One Cup final.
Tickets have been on priority sale to season card holders and seasonal hospitality members for over the last two weeks and the club has seen unprecedented demand.
Sunderland AFC's chief executive, Margaret Byrne, said: “The interest in this game and the subsequent demand for tickets has been absolutely phenomenal, so much so, we could have filled Wembley many times over.
“When demand far exceeds supply it is inevitable that some people will be disappointed. We would love to be able to take all of our supporters to Wembley with us but sadly it is simply not possible with the ticket allocation we have been given.
“We carefully considered every option available to us and believe that we have allocated tickets in the fairest way possible.
“It goes without saying that every single supporter is important to us, however, recognising and thanking our season card holders, seasonal hospitality members and key partners, who have been the backbone of our support through good and bad times, was our priority."
The club can also confirm that it will not be receiving any additional tickets on top of the allocation that it has already been given.
The final will be screened throughout the stadium’s suites and bars, giving fans who couldn’t make the trip to Wembley the chance to enjoy the game with their fellow supporters.
The match will be shown in Quinn’s Sports Bar, the Montgomery Suite and in Executive Boxes and packages are available including food options and drinks promotions.
Further details are available at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Places are selling fast and supporters are advised to reserve their place as soon as possible by calling 0871 911 1555 or e-mail [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I bet many of those that went to 'hospitality members' end up on tout websites selling for £350 + though. Bah!  Evil or Very Mad 
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-02-15, 5:12 pm

sadly H its not just hospitality, I can kind of accept that, its season card holders that I get annoyed at.

I can understand a season card holder getting a ticket and selling it on to help fellow fans, but, to make a profit out of fellow fans just seems very wrong to me.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2014-02-15, 5:18 pm

cyprussyd wrote:sadly H its not just hospitality, I can kind of accept that, its season card holders that I get annoyed at.

I can understand a season card holder getting a ticket and selling it on to help fellow fans, but, to make a profit out of fellow fans just seems very wrong to me.
tbh Syd, if you're a season ticket holder and you've made the commitment in time & money to support the team, why on earth would you then not go to the cup final?
I''m sure everyone has a price, but can't begin to imagine what mine would be to get me to part with my ticket
Jerry the Jinx
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-02-15, 5:52 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:sadly H its not just hospitality, I can kind of accept that, its season card holders that I get annoyed at.

tbh Syd, if you're a season ticket holder and you've made the commitment in time & money to support the team, why on earth would you then not go to the cup final?
I''m sure everyone has a price, but can't begin to imagine what mine would be to get me to part with my ticket
I agree but, on TV, times are tough, expensive day away, a 70 ticket going for 300, I can see the attraction but its just wrong

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-02-15, 6:08 pm

Where were all these thousands clamoring for tickets today?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-02-15, 7:34 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:Where were all these thousands clamoring for tickets today?

That's a very good point Allan. They will not turn out on a crap cold rainy day but they grumble at not being able to get a ticket. Syd has a fair point about season card holders selling their ticket for a huge profit.

I've been lucky, for the final a friend has treated me and himself to a seat in the Wembley Bar because it is his birthday on the 2nd March and mine on the 4th March. Daft thing is that he's flying into Heathrow from Canada on Saturday and we are having a weekend in London, and he's not a Sunderland supporter. I had got my concession seat but gave it to another season card holder for a family member of his who comes to matches when he can. He wanted to pay over the face value but I refused and took the £36 that it cost me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-02-15, 7:46 pm

I was there on a 'crap, cold rainy day' today, and I am not really complaining. Nothing the club could have done would have kept everyone happy. But I do think they could have kept even 1000 tickets back for a ballot for people like me to at least have a chance.

Really I am so annoyed at myself because hubby offered to buy us season tickets last July for my birthday and I said no, we can't make enough games to make it worthwhile. So it is my own fault.  Evil or Very Mad 

Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum