SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» League Table Mid week 7
bruce - Well done Steve Bruce EmptyToday at 4:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Mid week 7
bruce - Well done Steve Bruce EmptyToday at 4:49 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 07
bruce - Well done Steve Bruce EmptyToday at 4:48 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 06
bruce - Well done Steve Bruce EmptyToday at 4:47 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Netflix
bruce - Well done Steve Bruce EmptyToday at 4:39 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 09
bruce - Well done Steve Bruce EmptyToday at 3:46 pm by Mackemneil

» Please Please Please
bruce - Well done Steve Bruce EmptyToday at 3:43 pm by Mackemneil

» Bolton Wanders v Sunderland AFC
bruce - Well done Steve Bruce EmptyToday at 2:51 am by cyprussyd

» Sunderland Goalkeeper suffers broken arm
bruce - Well done Steve Bruce EmptyYesterday at 7:27 pm by Hieronymus

» Clean sheet today
bruce - Well done Steve Bruce EmptyYesterday at 6:17 pm by wanderer

Well done Steve Bruce

Go down

bruce - Well done Steve Bruce Empty Well done Steve Bruce

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-02-09, 4:53 am

I thought a little about this post, should I post or should I not but its what I feel so sod it.

Now of course I wanted us to win but we didnt and I had a smile for the much maligned Mr Bruce and his collection of Sunderland rejects.

I know Bruce brings out strong emotions, his Geordie roots dont and never have bothered me one bit and despite the constant accusations by many of how he bleats on blaming his Geordie roots for being sacked I have yet to see any proof of him saying that...

For me its simple, Bruce did a good job for us then it started going wrong and he was rightly sacked. Did he deserve the abuse he got in the end, for  me a massive no. Elmo, Mcshane and Myler all did their best for us and I thank them for that.

We lost because for some reason we did not look or play like the team that played at Newcastle, we had 10 men for most of the game and Bruce took advantage. His comments after the game should no gloating and he must have been tempted and I'm sure he will have enjoyed his pint last night.

So well done Brucie, lets hope we can now put to bed all the clap trap I read about him, doubt it mind.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

bruce - Well done Steve Bruce Empty Re: Well done Steve Bruce

Post  Guest on 2014-02-09, 5:38 am

SYD, a Geordie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,From  Corbridge?

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2014-02-09, 6:00 am

Hopefully all this anti-Bruce feeling will fade away now. Despite what we think of his abilities or antecedents he has proved himself to be more than a useful manager and should be recognised for that. The shock of the 5-1 hammering we had by NUFC unfortunately still rankles with the neanderterthal element and they have chosen to use this as the linchpin for their hatred of him. The Geordie bit is their justification for the silliness; if they carry that argument further then Jack C is in for a torrid if he does something wrong against NUFC.

Personally I found some of the stuff written about him, his family, his managerial abilities as made up as a Hollywood script. Much of the stuff he has said about us was contained in newspaper reports and based on selective reporting.

He has moved on, and I just wish our lot would.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-02-09, 8:30 am

Never had a problem with Bruce, he got us as far as he could but couldn't push on to the next step don't know why it went tits up but it did and was glad that he went when he did.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-02-09, 9:29 am

froggy1973 wrote:Never had a problem with Bruce, he got us as far as he could but couldn't push on to the next step don't know why it went tits up but it did and was glad that he went when he did.
with hindsight Froggy he probably should have gone earlier, hindsight is  wonderful thing.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-02-09, 9:38 am

Personally, I couldn't give an elephants chuff where anybody comes from. Robert the Bruce included.

Only problem I had with him was the shoit results. Two home wins in 12 months ffs.

Absolutely pathetic.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-02-09, 10:56 am

I have no axe to grind about Steve Bruce's roots and how could I? I was born in Wallsend so am more a Geordie than probably anyone on here! I am still a proud Northumbrian and huge Sunderland fan as you all know! Steve Bruce was a very good footballer and great servant to Norwich and Manchester United. Anyone who loves North East football should be proud of someone from our area who showed such grit, determination and hard work to succeed and get where he is today. How many others are out there?

As has been pointed out, it was poor results that got him sacked, just as it is results that gets most managers sacked. He probably should have gone earlier but it is a measure of how popular he was with Ellis Short that he was given more time to try to turn things around. I liked him as a person and I think he is honest when he is asked the questions. It is the media that keep bringing up his roots and the crowd turning on him and he always says it was only a small minority but that it was very hurtful. In any event no one deserves personal abuse directed at them or their family for any reason whastoever. Maybe the result yesterday will finally put it al to bed and I wish him well for the future.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-02-09, 11:07 am

I have sympathy for Brucie... yesterday was probably all about karma .. doing the double on us..

Yes, he presided over very poor results, but he presided at a time when the club was still trying to balance the cash-flow resultant from the Keane era.

BIG money received for Bent, Gyan and Henderson. All lost from the squad.

So thank you Brucie for keeping us up quite comfortably. We were never in the bottom three with him.

But, time to move on.

We have 3 tough away games from which I don't expect a single point, then let battle commence.

Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-02-09, 11:32 am

Well I'll be in the minority here then, couldn't give a monkeys chuff about Steve Bruce or Hull for that matter and, can't congratulate someone for beating a team with ten players for 90 minutes, or maybe he is a tactical genius if he is he didn't show it with us.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-02-09, 11:50 am

I think it was Syd who said it...

I think supporters were impatient with the club just treading water and not making any progress to the top half...
Brucie wasn't able to take us on to 'the next level' ...

He's been gone several years now, and three managers on we still haven't 'progressed' to the top half..

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-02-09, 12:12 pm

silvers wrote:I think it was Syd who said it...

I think supporters were  impatient with the club just treading water and not making any progress to the top half...
Brucie wasn't able to take us on to 'the next level' ...

He's been gone several years now, and three managers on we still haven't 'progressed' to the top half..
yes its been a long hard painful slog to get from Bruce to Poyet, till early days but Poyet is showing great promise.

Lets hope we and the owner how patience.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum