SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
PLAYER OF THE MONTH AND MANAGER OF THE MONTH. EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
PLAYER OF THE MONTH AND MANAGER OF THE MONTH. EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
PLAYER OF THE MONTH AND MANAGER OF THE MONTH. Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
PLAYER OF THE MONTH AND MANAGER OF THE MONTH. Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
PLAYER OF THE MONTH AND MANAGER OF THE MONTH. Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
PLAYER OF THE MONTH AND MANAGER OF THE MONTH. Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
PLAYER OF THE MONTH AND MANAGER OF THE MONTH. Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
PLAYER OF THE MONTH AND MANAGER OF THE MONTH. Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
PLAYER OF THE MONTH AND MANAGER OF THE MONTH. Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
PLAYER OF THE MONTH AND MANAGER OF THE MONTH. Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

PLAYER OF THE MONTH AND MANAGER OF THE MONTH.

Go down

PLAYER OF THE MONTH AND MANAGER OF THE MONTH. Empty PLAYER OF THE MONTH AND MANAGER OF THE MONTH.

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-02-06, 11:47 am

Adam Johnson
Santi Cazorla
Yaya Toure
Luis Suarez 

have been nominated for Premier League player of the month.

Gus Poyet, Jose Mourinho, Manuel Pellegrini and Tony Pulis have all been nominated for the Barclays Premier League Manager of the Month for January award.
Poyet saw his Sunderland side pick up seven points from their four matches in January, including a 4-1 win over relegation rivals Fulham at Craven Cottage.
The Black Cats also defeated Stoke 1-0 at home and drew 2-2 with Southampton as well as reaching the Capital One Cup final with a two-legged semi-final success against Manchester United.
Crystal Palace had a similar league record under Pulis with 1-0 home victories over Stoke and Hull along with a 1-1 draw with Norwich, while their only defeat came at Tottenham.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

PLAYER OF THE MONTH AND MANAGER OF THE MONTH. Empty Re: PLAYER OF THE MONTH AND MANAGER OF THE MONTH.

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-02-06, 4:44 pm

Nice to see some recognition. I think they both should win because of the low base they started at and where they got us to in the space of a month, as well as the outstanding performances from Johnson and tactical genius by Gus. But I may be ever so slightly biased  Very Happy 
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

PLAYER OF THE MONTH AND MANAGER OF THE MONTH. Empty Re: PLAYER OF THE MONTH AND MANAGER OF THE MONTH.

Post  gil t azell on 2014-02-06, 4:59 pm

I think Cazorla will get the player of the month and I hope anybody but Poyet gets the MotM, its a poisoned chalice usually.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2014-02-06, 7:18 pm

What about the curse of manager of the month?....usually they lose their next game....so in that case I hope Pulis get's it Very Happy
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-02-06, 7:50 pm

MON won it in December 2012 and we all know what happened for the rest of that season!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-02-07, 1:58 am

Hieronymus wrote:MON won it in December 2012 and we all know what happened for the rest of that season!
i'm not one for all this superstition malarkey and would love to see Poyet and Johnson win their respective manager/player of the month awards.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-02-07, 10:18 am

Johnson and Pellegrini won January awards:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well done Adam. Now just keep doing it please  Very Happy 

Still think Poyet did better than the other options, given where we started from and the squad at his disposal. However it's unlikely Pellegrini will win February's award after what happened on Monday!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-02-07, 10:37 am

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3

• Previous
  • Next

Johnson scoops league prize

Published: 07 February, 2014
by Stuart Vose

Winger wins Barclays Player of the Month award for January.

Goal-den winger Adam Johnson was all smiles after being crowned the Barclays Premier League’s Player of the Month for January.

Johnson was selected after a stunning start to 2013, scoring five league goals in January and six in total.

It’s been one of those spells I’m going through where everything’s clicked for me
- Adam Johnson

The 26-year-old's haul included a stunning hat-trick in the 4-1 win at Fulham plus the equaliser against Southampton and a vital deciding goal against Stoke on Wearside.

And while Johnson is delighted with the award, he also highlighted the team’s overall performance when receiving the trophy at the club’s Academy of Light training HQ.

“It’s always nice looking back on personal awards, but the main thing has been our rise up the league,” he told safc.com.

“That and getting to the cup final have been the main highlights for me.

“It’s been one of those spells I’m going through where everything’s clicked for me.

“Looking back, last year was probably a bit up and down but I’ve started this year on a high.

“I feel good about myself and we’re looking like a good team.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum