SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Favourites
Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future  EmptyYesterday at 6:38 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Retained List
Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future  Empty2019-06-16, 8:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Lee Cattermole
Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future  Empty2019-06-16, 9:30 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» I fell for that!
Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future  Empty2019-06-14, 10:37 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland Legends
Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future  Empty2019-06-14, 9:40 am by Hieronymus

» Molyneux gone
Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future  Empty2019-06-14, 9:33 am by Hieronymus

» what would you do?
Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future  Empty2019-06-14, 8:28 am by Kipper

» Killing the golden goose
Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future  Empty2019-06-12, 9:21 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Its happened
Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future  Empty2019-06-12, 8:56 am by cyprussyd

» Takeover
Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future  Empty2019-06-11, 8:51 am by Kipper

Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future

Go down

Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future  Empty Sorry Ki mate

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-02-05, 10:44 am

Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future
Last Updated: 05/02/14 8:32am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ki Sung-yeung: Enjoying his football at Sunderland

Ki Sung-yeung is yet to decide what his future will hold once a season-long loan at Sunderland comes to an end.
The South Korea international completed a switch to the Stadium of Light last summer after being deemed surplus to requirements at Swansea City.
He has played an important role in the Black Cats' revival under Gus Poyet, helping them out of the Premier League drop zone and through to the Capital One Cup final.
Sunderland are eager to wrap up a permanent agreement, with Poyet saying: "We definitely want him to stay."

Player Profile

Ki, however, is keeping his options open.
He intends to see out the 2013/14 campaign and compete at the World Cup finals before making a call on whether to return to Swansea, who will be under new management in the wake of Michael Laudrup's dismissal, or commit himself to a new employer.
Ki said in the Daily star: "I don't know if I will be playing here next season. I've no idea what will happen in the future, but right now I am happy playing for Sunderland.
"Since Gus Poyet came in, we have improved with and without the ball and are a lot more confident.
"Reaching Wembley and winning the derby were special and I am pleased with how things are going."

I understand the waiting until the end of the season, that is sensible wanting to be sure of Premier survival, but, after the World Cup.

There are other attacking midfielder s around who Gus will get, wait to long and you may miss the boat.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future  Empty Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future

Post  Silvers on 2014-02-05, 10:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ki Sung-yeung is yet to decide what his future will hold once a season-long loan at Sunderland comes to an end.

The South Korea international completed a switch to the Stadium of Light last summer after being deemed surplus to requirements at Swansea City.

He has played an important role in the Black Cats' revival under Gus Poyet, helping them out of the Premier League drop zone and through to the Capital One Cup final.

Sunderland are eager to wrap up a permanent agreement, with Poyet saying: "We definitely want him to stay."

Ki, however, is keeping his options open.

He intends to see out the 2013/14 campaign and compete at the World Cup finals before making a call on whether to return to Swansea, who will be under new management in the wake of Michael Laudrup's dismissal, or commit himself to a new employer.

Ki said in the Daily star: "I don't know if I will be playing here next season. I've no idea what will happen in the future, but right now I am happy playing for Sunderland.

"Since Gus Poyet came in, we have improved with and without the ball and are a lot more confident.

"Reaching Wembley and winning the derby were special and I am pleased with how things are going."

Last edited by silvers on 2014-02-05, 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future  Empty Re: Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future

Post  Silvers on 2014-02-05, 10:45 am

Quite understandably, I think it will depend on which division we are in !!

Very Happy 
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future  Empty Re: Transfer news: Ki Sung-yueng yet to make call on Sunderland future

Post  Silvers on 2014-02-05, 10:47 am

Syd, we have made the same post

Please delete my thread please..

Very Happy 
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-02-05, 10:52 am

silvers wrote:Syd, we have made the same post

Please delete my thread please..

Very Happy 
no, I have merged them, I love seeing posts started that dont have my name on

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2014-02-05, 11:43 am

Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-02-05, 12:28 pm

silvers wrote:Quite understandably, I think it will depend on which division we are in !!

Very Happy 
And which division Swansea are in!  They haven't done so well lately.

But I see Syd's point.  It sounds to me that Ki is looking for a brilliant World Cup and attracting bigger offers than he'll get from either Sunderland or Swansea.  In that case, the highest signing on fee will secure his signature.  I can't blame him - I never subscribed to the 'greedy bastard' bit anyway, not with Bent, Gyan, Henderson or anyone else.  To me, they're all just young fellers trying to make the best future for themselves.  But I do rather wish Ki hadn't dumped this on us now!  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2014-02-05, 3:01 pm

Tiz the Daily Star!

I would take it with a large pinch of salt

Very Happy 
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-02-05, 3:49 pm

I think it's sensible for him to wait until after the world cup personally wouldn't want to go and play in Brazil or the lead up having to think about which club I was going to play for rather go into it with a clear head then weigh up my options. Personally hope he signs for us.

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2014-02-08, 2:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last Updated: 08/02/14 12:41pm

Gus Poyet hopes there is a deal to be done that will keep Ki Sung-yeung at Sunderland once his loan agreement is up.

The South Korea international is due to spend the remainder of the 2013/14 campaign at the Stadium of Light after being deemed surplus to requirements at Swansea City.

He has, however, remained evasive when it comes to the subject of his future - with Swansea having parted with the services of manager Michael Laudrup to suggest there could still be a role for him in South Wales.

Poyet hopes that will not prove to be an issue when he heads for the negotiating table this summer, with there a desire on his part to bring the highly-rated midfielder onto his books on a full-time basis.

He told the Sunderland Echo: "I think the important thing is how happy Ki feels when he plays for us. How much he is enjoying his football here?

"Being realistic, he is still under contract to Swansea.

"Now Swansea have changed their manager and who knows whether whoever comes in will want Ki or not want him. We will have to manage that situation.

"But if you ask me if he is a player I would like to have here, yes I would."
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum