SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
Mr Jack Colback EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
Mr Jack Colback EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
Mr Jack Colback Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
Mr Jack Colback Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
Mr Jack Colback Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
Mr Jack Colback Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Mr Jack Colback Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
Mr Jack Colback Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
Mr Jack Colback Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Mr Jack Colback Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

Mr Jack Colback

Go down

Mr Jack Colback Empty Mr Jack Colback

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-02-03, 10:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Jack, from Killingworth, joined Sunderland at just 10 years of age and rose through the ranks.
A key member of a successful youth team, Colback made his full debut on the final day of 2009-10 and followed up with two loan spells at Ipswich Town.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
During his career with us Jack has had many doubters, its a pity Commo is no longer around.

Never make a premier footballer, championship at best, dead wood, shit Sunderland footballer and many more.

I have always been a Colback fan, midfield, left back and right back he never lets us down and in days when I hear shouts of no guts, no balls, no commitment I always looked at Jack and wondered how anyone could accuse Jack of any of those things.
On Saturday we saw Jack up against Newcastle's wonder kid, someone called Bin After and their enforcer, Titota.
Jack won hands down and I was so, so pleased for him.

A quiet man who loves being with his wife and young child or living the footballer jet set life, fishing.

Sometimes the good guys do win, good on ya Jack.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Mr Jack Colback Empty Re: Mr Jack Colback

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-02-03, 10:11 am

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Jack, from Killingworth, joined Sunderland at just 10 years of age and rose through the ranks.
A key member of a successful youth team, Colback made his full debut on the final day of 2009-10 and followed up with two loan spells at Ipswich Town.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
During his career with us Jack has had many doubters, its a pity Commo is no longer around.

Never make a premier footballer, championship at best, dead wood, shit Sunderland footballer and many more.

I have always been a Colback fan, midfield, left back and right back he never lets us down and in days when I hear shouts of no guts, no balls, no commitment I always looked at Jack and wondered how anyone could accuse Jack of any of those things.
On Saturday we saw Jack up against Newcastle's wonder kid, someone called Bin After and their enforcer, Titota.
Jack won hands down and I was so, so pleased for him.

A quiet man who loves being with his wife and young child or living the footballer jet set life, fishing.

Sometimes the good guys do win, good on ya Jack.

Hear hear!  Very Happy 
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2014-02-03, 10:27 am

He came of age on Saturday ...

Well done him...........

Very Happy
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-02-03, 3:45 pm

I've always been a great admirer of the lad...I have to say that I have never saw him bomb forward as much as he did against the Mags the other day, and if he can add this string to his bow, then he could end up being an absolute legend..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-02-03, 4:42 pm

I too have wondered how anyone could doubt his ability or commitment. For me he would always be in my team because even if he is having an off day he always gives 110%.  You need unsung heros like him in any walk of life..

Back to top Go down

Mr Jack Colback Empty Mr Jack Colback

Post  Guest on 2014-02-03, 5:09 pm

I think that Jack Colback gives the team 90 minutes of graft and determination every game he plays, and on Saturday he was absolutely magnificent, but I don't think we have seen the best of him yet. All we can hope now is that he stays firmly rooted in the NE and has no intention of going off somewhere else

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2014-02-03, 7:58 pm

Being used as an additional attacker is a new string to his bow and bye did he not perform on Saturday. Could just be that his ability to fit in anywhere has held him back as he has played so many positions for the team. With a shored up midfield and the looks of a new attacking plan, maybe this could be the making of a Super Jack of all trades and just about master of all of them.

Has more than the hair in common with Paul Scholes..
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-02-03, 8:07 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Being used as an additional attacker is a new string to his bow and bye did he not perform on Saturday. Could just be that his ability to fit in anywhere has held him back as he has played so many positions for the team. With a shored up midfield and the looks of a new attacking plan, maybe this could be the making of a Super Jack of all trades and just about master of all of them.

Has more than the hair in common with Paul Scholes..

And he can tackle!  Very Happy 
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2014-02-04, 7:44 pm

Prior to the Newcastle game I thought he had had his worst two displays for us. Boy did he put that right on Saturday.

Always rated his Bally like grit, determination etc but as has already been said he appeared to have a new found confidence to link up with the attack and hopefully it will prove as fruitful in the future as it did on 01/02/2014.

Give him the contract he deserves because as we have seen with Hendo at Liverpool, with the right help & advice he an be a great servant for our club.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-02-04, 7:56 pm

Praise from those above indeed but at this stage for me he has a LONG way to go too make it given many of his performances over the past 18 months. BUT the smart players in life learn as they go & can grow into better players whom in time become lifetime memories. He appears to be at a crossroads & should he take the path all wish of him being a local lad, then he could well be the name that dreams are made of. Best wishes Jack in the choice you decide to make.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2014-02-04, 7:59 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Praise from those above indeed but at this stage for me he has a LONG way to go too make it given many of his performances over the past 18 months. BUT the smart players in life learn as they go & can grow into better players whom in time become lifetime memories. He appears to be at a crossroads & should he take the path all wish of him being a local lad, then he could well be the name that dreams are made of. Best wishes Jack in the choice you decide to make.
You and me must have been watching different games then
Think he's been one of out best, most consistent, committed player
Just hope he can build on the attacking side of his game that he showed on Saturday - 
Oh yeah - and that he signs a new contract
Jerry the Jinx
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-02-04, 8:03 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Praise from those above indeed but at this stage for me he has a LONG way to go too make it given many of his performances over the past 18 months. BUT the smart players in life learn as they go & can grow into better players whom in time become lifetime memories. He appears to be at a crossroads & should he take the path all wish of him being a local lad, then he could well be the name that dreams are made of. Best wishes Jack in the choice you decide to make.
Just hope he can build on the attacking side of his game that he showed on Saturday - 
I was watching the same games you have Jerry but I will repeat what I have said before, TV is great for replays and following play but watching live you see what cameras miss

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-02-04, 8:08 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:

Not really J, I'm just a little harder on players before heaping praise on them at such a young age. 
I do feel that just as JH before him, he's given a little more slack at times when under performing but he appears to be now set for a memorable career. I just hope we can hold onto him but should higher honours come a calling him then 'llI follow his career with keen interest being a SAFC old boy just as I keep an eye out now for the Liverpool highlights.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2014-02-04, 8:10 pm

A couple of seasons ago I was sitting watching us v Man city with my mate and his brother (who lives in Manchester and supports city) he turns to us and says "who's the ginger kid he's head and shoulder's above everyone on the park".....so much for our fans who said he was crap at that time.......I think the only thing that maybe goes against him is that he's so versatile......hope Gus get's him signed up
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-02-05, 2:15 am

Jack has been excellent for us, even when he was asked to play at fullback..I would be gutted if he left us as I firmly believe he has the ability to play for England..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum