SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland vs Benfica B - Thursday 18th July
SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Got my pass, have you got yours?
SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views EmptyYesterday at 9:01 pm by Vincemac

» Good Luck
SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views Empty2019-07-17, 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views Empty2019-07-17, 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

» Love departs
SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views Empty2019-07-14, 9:08 am by barrowmackem

» McGeady
SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views Empty2019-07-14, 9:06 am by barrowmackem

» Twitter 1
SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views Empty2019-07-12, 5:19 pm by Hieronymus

SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views Empty SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-12, 1:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sunderland

Will go into this game with confidence high after successful progression in the FA Cup, a positive result and performance in the first leg of the Capital One Cup and a record breaking away result at Fulham.

I would guess the only decision for Poyet is Fletcher or Altidore, mind you, who would dare try to second guess Gus.

Southampton

Southampton are a very good footballing team and after two defeats a 1-0 win at home to WBA has got them back to a winning, if unconvincing win.

Probable team..

Artur Boruc, Nathaniel Clyne, Jose Fonte, Dejan Lovren, Luke Shaw, Morgan Schneiderlin, Jack Cork, Steven Davis, Adam Lallana (c), Jay Rodriguez, Rickie Lambert

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2014-01-16, 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views Empty Re: SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-01-12, 1:45 pm

I'm really looking forward to this game which will be one heck of a test for against what I regard as a very good team..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views Empty Re: SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-12, 1:57 pm

I will be disappointed with anything under 42,000 for this game.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-01-12, 5:54 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I will be disappointed with anything under 42,000 for this game.
I would be amazed if there is anything like that many there with it being the early kick off on Sky..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-12, 6:10 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I will be disappointed with anything under 42,000 for this game.
I would be amazed if there is anything like that many there with it being the early kick off on Sky..
dont think its on Sky its on BT

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-13, 7:54 am

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-13, 9:35 am

Every game for the rest of the season for us is a semi-final...so as usual we desperately need 3 points...I cannot see Gus changing the side from Fulham much.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-13, 10:06 am

We nearly had them at their place so why not go for the win?
Not sure how they do away from home and as RAW says they do look a good side at times but, at other times a poor side, hopefully we catch them on a bad day. 3 points again a a must

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-13, 10:50 am

Already beaten them at home this season in the Capital Cup..

I can see a score draw looming ..

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-13, 10:55 am

silvers wrote:Already beaten them at home this season in the Capital Cup..

I can see a score draw looming ..

2-0 to us

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-13, 11:14 am

..would be oh so good.........

Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-13, 4:03 pm

Premier League ‏[ltr]@premierleague[/ltr]2m
Chris Foy has been appointed referee for Sunderland v Southampton on Saturday 18 January

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views Empty TABLE SATURDAY NIGHT

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-13, 9:03 pm

1Arsenal233154
Oppose1.92Man City224050
Oppose2.63Chelsea212146
Back4.64Liverpool222845
Back5.35Everton211541
Back6.56Tottenham21140
Oppose6.37Man Utd211137
    8.08Newcastle22234
    9.09Southampton22230
Back11.510Hull City22-623
Back12.011Stoke22-1323
Back13.912Aston Villa23-1523
Back14.513Norwich22-1723
Oppose12.714Swansea21-421
Oppose14.015West Brom21-521
Back17.316Sunderland22-1320
Back18.217West Ham22-919
Oppose17.318Fulham22-2819
Oppose18.119C Palace22-1818
Oppose18.320Cardiff22-2318

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-14, 7:25 am

Just had a peek at the ticket sales and its looking very good with a few days left to go. All the lain areas are looking quite full so may be a cracking crowd.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-14, 11:49 am

If I were to sum where I think we are...taking, say an Everton as a guide,which means having a good tight team/squad, where every player knows his job and where to run and play. Poyet is gradually instilling this, but it is likely we still have some round pegs in square holes. Once you have a good team/squad the sum of the parts is bigger/better than the sum of the individual parts. It takes time, which is something we do not have, Poyet and co have to meld, frankly a set of players who have been all over the place as footballers, including necking drinks when they should not, into a unit that a couple of players can come in and out off and not change shape..to be tight in the back, good at retaining possession but fluid enough to let flair take over in the final third. A couple of weeks ago my hopes were down and expectations were up for relegation. Now whilst we are very far from being a 'solid unit' we are showing signs...Southampton I suspect are a little further down the road of being competent side than we are, but on our turf with 40,000 makems screaming support I hope we can take 3 points and another step of many we have to take to safety.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-14, 12:01 pm

The encouraging and indeed exciting thing for me Sunders is just how far we have come, with the same players in such a short time under Poyet.

Most new managers have an honeymoon period, Gus missed out on that, straight into a nightmare for him an his honesty is allowing to see his work, week by week.
A steady climb this season, a good summer window, good not spectacular, and who knows where we can go.

It all starts on Saturday by continuing where we left off last weekend.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

SAFC V Southampton EPL-Build up-Teams-away fans views Empty How sad, all this unrest and just when we play them

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-15, 2:23 pm

Sky sources: Nicola Cortese hands in resignation at Southampton
Last Updated: 15/01/14 1:56pm
[url=https://www.facebook.com/dialog/feed?app_id=119138771563927&display=popup&link=http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/9117086/sky-sources-nicola-cortese-hands-in-resignation-at-southampton&name=Cortese+hands+in+resignation&caption=Sky Sports football&description=Sky+Sports+News+understands+Southampton%27s+executive+chairman+Nicola+Cortese+has+handed+in+his+written+resignation.&redirect_uri=http://www.skysports.com/selfcloses&picture=http://e1.365dm.com/13/01/247x247/Nicola-Cortese_2887994.jpg?20140115113134][/url]

Sky Sports understands that Southampton Executive Chairman Nicola Cortese is making plans to leave the club
Nicola Cortese: Has handed in resignation at Southampton

Sky Bet
Sunderland v Southampton

Sunderland
21/10

Draw
23/10

Southampton
13/10

Football Betting
Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Sky Sports News understands Southampton's executive chairman Nicola Cortese has handed in his written resignation.
Should the Italian's departure be confirmed, the future of Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino could also be in serious doubt.
Sky sources indicate, however, that Cortese is not in discussion with another club in Italy, despite several media reports linking him with AC Milan, Inter Milan and Roma.
Cortese considered leaving St Mary's in May of last year after stressing to owner Liebherr that he was concerned about the future direction of the club.
The pair have reportedly been involved in a power struggle at St Mary's, with Cortese unhappy with the role of Liebherr - daughter of the man who bought the club, Markus Liebherr.
Back in May Pochettino stressed that his involvement at Southampton was dependent on his chairman remaining at the club.
"If (he) Cortese doesn't work here... I would not understand a Southampton with Nicola being here," he said.
"The person who has put his faith in me at Southampton is Nicola Cortese."
Cortese, a former Swiss banker, fronted a deal on behalf of the Leibherr family to buy Southampton in 2009 when the club was in administration and in League One.
Since then, Southampton have spent more than £72million in the transfer market, breaking the club's record transfer fee three times - signing Jay Rodriguez from Burnley for £6m in June 2012, Gaston Ramirez from Bologna for £12m in August of the same year and then Dani Osvaldo for a fee reported to be close to £13m last summer.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-15, 6:25 pm

Well after listening to Borini on Radio Newcastle I would not be in the least to see this team on Saturday..

MANNONE
BARDSLEY..O'SHEA..BOWN..ALONSO
CATTERMOLE
JOHNSON..COLBACK..KI..GACCORINI
BORINI

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-15, 7:07 pm

BT Sport ‏[ltr]@btsport[/ltr]59s
Football: Reports are emerging that Nicola Cortese has left Southampton football club and is to be replaced by the club's owner as chairman.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-15, 7:12 pm

Southampton FC ‏[ltr]@SouthamptonFC[/ltr]6m
Southampton FC announces that club owner Katharina Liebherr has taken on the role of non-executive Chairman. #saintsfc

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-15, 7:13 pm

will the manager still be in charge come Saturday?

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-01-15, 7:18 pm

I can't understand this. Pocchetino has said if Cortese leaves do does he. Just when ther club was finally showing some stability. Still we can't be sentimental and Saturday would be a good time tIo go for the jugular I guess. But I do feel.sorry for the fans.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-15, 7:21 pm

Hieronymus wrote:I can't understand this. Pocchetino has said if Cortese leaves do does he. Just when ther club was finally showing some stability. Still we can't be sentimental and Saturday would be a good time tIo go for the jugular I guess. But I do feel.sorry for the fans.
all about the owner wanting to sell up

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-01-15, 8:39 pm

Hieronymus wrote:I can't understand this. Pocchetino has said if Cortese leaves do does he. Just when ther club was finally showing some stability. Still we can't be sentimental and Saturday would be a good time tIo go for the jugular I guess. But I do feel.sorry for the fans.
What about how OUR fans feel when we constantly jump in & out of the frying pan  Sad 

MINIMUM 3 points for Sunderland...NO excuses.  pirat

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-01-15, 8:46 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
What about how OUR fans feel when we constantly jump in & out of the frying pan  Sad 

MINIMUM 3 points for Sunderland...NO excuses.  pirat
Bloody hell..Southampton have proven themselves to be a very good side and their chairman resigning wont change that...It will be one hell of a tough battle on Saturday and a win would be fantastic..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum