SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 4 EmptyToday at 4:39 pm by canary-dave

» A very good morning one and all
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 4 EmptyToday at 4:33 pm by oxfordshire

» A very happy birthday!
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 4 EmptyToday at 10:54 am by fulwellend47

» Can't say I'm looking forward to Tuesday
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 4 EmptyToday at 9:25 am by Sid MCFC

» Predictions Mid week 12
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 4 EmptyToday at 7:58 am by Lever Malone

» Results week 12
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:38 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions week 13
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 6:10 pm by canary-dave

» League table Week 12
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 12:31 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» For SidMCFC
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 4 Empty2019-10-20, 7:13 pm by Sid MCFC

» Parky it is then
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 4 Empty2019-10-20, 7:53 am by cyprussyd

January rumour mill- the final 1 day..

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January rumour mill- the final 1 day..

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-08, 6:03 pm

TBH Cutey after the last 2 results and performance last night, Poyet right now is fireproof..

I HOPE

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January rumour mill- the final 1 day..

Post  Guest on 2014-01-08, 7:20 pm

I have read a rumour that Westwood is out for the rest of the season. Should we bring in a back-up in, I vote yes.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-08, 7:25 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I have read a rumour that Westwood is out for the rest of the season. Should we bring in a back-up in, I vote yes.
not a rumour sunders, he is having op and out so a new keeper is needed. Pity Given is at Boro

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-08, 7:29 pm

Brighton reject Bridcutt transfer request

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-09, 7:24 am

Dont you just hate this time, you know work is going on but you are not sure what. You know players will be coming in but you are not sure who. You know it will happen soon but you are not sure when.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-09, 8:11 am

Transfer News: Santiago Vergini expected to join Sunderland
By Andres Garavaglia & Paulo Freitas | Last Updated: 09/01/14 7:51am
[url=https://www.facebook.com/dialog/feed?app_id=119138771563927&display=popup&link=http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11695/9107407/&name=Estudiantes+claim+English+deal&caption=Sky Sports football&description=Argentine+club+Estudiantes+have+revealed+that+they+expect+defender+Santiago+Vergini+to+join+Sunderland.&redirect_uri=http://www.skysports.com/selfcloses&picture=http://e0.365dm.com/14/01/247x247/vertical-santiago-vergini_3063424.jpg?20140109071915][/url]

Santiago Vergini: Tipped to join Sunderland
Sky Bet
Fulham v Sunderland

Fulham
6/5

Draw
23/10

Sunderland
23/10

Football Betting
Up To £30 Free Matched Bet
Argentine club Estudiantes have revealed that they expect defender Santiago Vergini to join Sunderland.
The 25-year-old centre-half only joined Estudiantes last summer after winning the Argentine title with Newell's Old Boys.
Vergini, who has one Argentina cap to his name, is now expected to join Gus Poyet's side.
Estudiantes president Enrique Lombardi has confirmed that they expect Vergini to leave.
"He wants to leave Estudiantes, and as he isn't a player that is considered as principle in the squad, we have accepted his departure," Lombardi told Diario Ole.
"He wants to change team, and as there is a good offer that we have analysed, he will leave our club."

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-09, 10:26 am

It seems Shane Long may be going to Hull, Vermin Defoe is off to the MLS £90,000 pw is what I read. Anybody ITK about strikers we may be going for, and a goalkeeper I guess.

We have a left back we may have a CB and Poyet is trying to get one or two players from Brighton, but I think he may have picked on the wrong Chairman to play poker with.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-09, 11:49 am

sunderpitt wrote:It seems Shane Long may be going to Hull, Vermin Defoe is off to the MLS £90,000 pw is what I read. Anybody ITK about strikers we may be going for, and a goalkeeper I guess.

We have a left back we may have a CB and Poyet is trying to get one or two players from Brighton, but I think he may have picked on the wrong Chairman to play poker with.
shit, they may send Graham back.

I think we will get both the Brighton targets

We have no choice about a keeper

I think at least one striker, foreign, will arrive

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-09, 12:31 pm

If you were in West Brom's current position and form, would you let your main striker go?  The only way I can see this happening is if he's out of contract at the end of this season and will leave on a Bosman anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-09, 1:29 pm

Sunderland 'make offer' to Catania Stopper

By michaelgraham  @Capt_Fishpaste on Jan 9 2014, 1:18p +

Maurizio Lagana

Another day, another new name linked with Sunderland.
Sunderland, along with Real Betis, have 'made an offer' to Catania goalkeeper Mariano Andujar according to the player's agent.
Keiren Westwood is currently injured and it is feared the Irishman will not return to action before his contract expires in the summer, leaving Vito Mannone the only available senior stopper to Black Cats boss Gus Poyet, so it would certainly be a surprise if the club don't look to strengthen than area this month.
Whether that will involve the 30-year-old Argentinian remains to be seen, but with 10 senior International caps to his name and a summer link to Arsenal he does command a degree of pedigree.
Julio Cesar of Queens' Park Rangers has persistently been linked but that one looks pretty much unworkable given the Brazilian's current contract at Loftus Road. Like Cesar, Andujar is keen to get playing time to boost his World Cup hopes, so Sunderland's current league position would be unlikely to put him off if a solid move for the player did materialise.
Another one to add to the growing list of names to follow this month.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 4 Empty Are we signing our new captain

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-09, 2:53 pm

Poyet: Vergini knows the passing game, he understands the game well, he is a leader, has character and can play.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-01-09, 2:58 pm

I think you may have a point there Syd..I think we have been lacking a level headed natural leader on the pitch..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-09, 3:00 pm

SUNDERLAND are closing in on a trio of South American signings as manager Gus Poyet attempts to revitalise a squad that lies bottom of the Premier League.

Estudiantes defender Santiago Vergini, Catania’s Argentina international goalkeeper Mariano Andujar and Internacional forward Ignacio Scocco all could arrive at the Stadium of Light in the coming weeks.
The Gazette revealed today that the Black Cats were closing in on 25-year-old defender Vergini, and also that director of football Roberto De Fanti had been linked with Scocco, and Poyet confirmed they were targets today.
“With Vergini, we’re close. I’ve talked to him and it’s well on the way. I’ve known him for years,” said Poyet.
“I like the style of South American goalkeepers and Andújar is a player that I like and I know.

Bloody Hell!

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-09, 3:22 pm

BobbyKerrsTache wrote:SUNDERLAND are closing in on a trio of South American signings as manager Gus Poyet attempts to revitalise a squad that lies bottom of the Premier League.

Estudiantes defender Santiago Vergini, Catania’s Argentina international goalkeeper Mariano Andujar and Internacional forward Ignacio Scocco all could arrive at the Stadium of Light in the coming weeks.
The Gazette revealed today that the Black Cats were closing in on 25-year-old defender Vergini, and also that director of football Roberto De Fanti had been linked with Scocco, and Poyet confirmed they were targets today.
“With Vergini, we’re close. I’ve talked to him and it’s well on the way. I’ve known him for years,” said Poyet.
“I like the style of South American goalkeepers and Andújar is a player that I like and I know.

Bloody Hell!
if Gus likes them it will do for me

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-09, 3:59 pm

SUNDERLAND boss Gus Poyet has confirmed he is the market for a new keeper.

Keiren Westwood is likely to be out for the remainder of the season, and Poyet said today that it is a position he intends to strengthen in this transfer window.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 4 Empty Get excited H,J and Scatty

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-09, 6:29 pm

Scocco and Vergini on the beach

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-09, 9:42 pm

Roker ... of course.........

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-10, 12:11 am

I don't get this.  It's already been reported that di Fanti has turned down an offer to sign Scocco.  Whether di Fanti or Poyet gets their way is the most interesting feature of this transfer window for me - and here, you've got a test case.  Would I sign Scocco? - Personally, yes, purely for his long-range shooting.  Those of us old enough can remember the chaos 'Canonball' Charlie Fleming could cause.  A shot like Scocco's (or Flaming's) can change games out of the blue when there's precious little hope left.  There's just no stopping shots like that.  Let's see what happens, eh?

Back to top Go down

January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 4 Empty Santiago Vergini

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-10, 8:32 am

Poyet: Sunderland-bound Vergini’s been a long-term target of mine

Gus Poyet has had a long-term interest in Argentinian keeper Santiago Vergini

GUS Poyet has revealed that impending new signing Santiago Vergini has been a long-term target of his.

The 25-year-old Argentine centre-half’s move from Estudiantes to Sunderland is expected to be confirmed in the next 24 hours, with the Black Cats’ head coach admitting the deal is “very close” now.
And Sunderland fans can rest assured that the 6ft 3in central defender is Poyet’s pick as a reinforcement, rather than an option he has accepted from club’s director of football, Roberto De Fanti.
Poyet has been tracking Vergini for almost a year now and told the Echo: “He’s a player I know well because we were following him last season in case we went up with Brighton.
“I watched him for about six months when he was with Newell’s Old Boys, and the way he plays, understands football and his physical size made me think of him as a potential signing.
“He has played one game for the national team, and he has also been in the squad a few times.
“But, of course, everything happened in the summer, Brighton did not go up and and I left the club.
“However, he is still a player that interests me and now we have the possibility of signing him here at Sunderland.”
Sunderland plan to sign Vergini on a short-term deal until the end of the season, with an option to extend the deal should the Wearsiders stay in the Premier League.
Poyet rates Vergini highly and is delighted that the Black Cats look set to secure him for less than £500,000 from cash-strapped Estudiantes, who need funds urgently.
The player has not settled at his new club since joining them from Argentine champions Newell’s Old Boys last summer and Estudiantes are prepare to let him go to balance the books, with Poyet saying: “We are very close, but it is not yet done.”
Even if Vergini’s move goes through today, his international clearance will almost certainly not be processed in time for him to play at Fulham tomorrow.
One deal that has been done, however, is midfielder Cabral’s loan move to Genoa, with the Italian side having the option to make the move permanent in the summer.
Poyet said: “Cabral has gone and we wish him well.
“It wasn’t working out for him here, and now he has a great opportunity to restart his career at Genoa.”

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-10, 8:55 am

Poyet confirms Sunderland interest in THREE Argentinians... as the first of Di Canio's 13 summer signings leaves
By COLIN YOUNG
PUBLISHED: 22:00, 9 January 2014 | UPDATED: 02:05, 10 January 2014

Gus Poyet has confirmed his interest in bringing three Argentinians to Sunderland as the first of Paolo Di Canio’s raft of summer signings headed for the exit. 

Poyet is close to bringing defender Santiago Vergini to Sunderland while his compatriots, Catania goalkeeper Mariano Andujar and Internacional attacking midfielder Ignacio Scocco are expected to follow. 

It comes as Switzerland Under 21 midfielder Cabral left for Genoa after making just one appearance in six months, in the first game of the season. 

The 25-year-old was one of 13 foreign players signed by Di Canio in the summer. 

VIDEO: Scroll down to watch Gus Poyet talk about Santiago Vergini

South American connection: Argentinian defender Santiago Vergini is on the verge of signing for Sunderland

And there's more! Internacional midfielder Ignacio Scocco (left) and Catania keeper Mariano Andujar are also expected to move to the North East

Although Vito Mannone, Emanuele Giaccherini, Jozy Altidore and on-loan players Fabio Borini and  Ki Yeung-sung have established themselves in Poyet’s plans, others such as Andrea Dossena, Charis Mavrias, El Hadji Ba and David Moberg Karlsson could also be shipped out on loan this month.
But Poyet is to continue recruiting and said: ‘A deal is close for Vergini but not done yet. He’s big, so he’s good for England. Andujar? I like him and we have made an approach to Catania to sign him.’

Poyet is close to agreeing a £2.5million deal to sign Scotland international Liam Bridcutt from Brighton and Hove Albion, and his first signing, former Bolton full-back Marcos Alonso made an impressive debut against Manchester United on Tuesday.

Poyet: Sunderland keen to sign defender Santiago Vergini

Heading out: Cabral will be the first of Paolo Di Canio's signings to leave Wearside

Not my type! Paolo Di Canio signed 13 players in the summer, but few of them have been favoured by Gus Poyet

But the Sunderland manager admitted his club are struggling to compete in the domestic market after adding just one Englishman in Duncan Watmore in August, and he only made his debut in last week's FA Cup win over Carlisle United.
Poyet said: 'We had a problem in the summer to buy in England. It's very difficult, I can tell you that, sometimes there are English players and they're on the bench at teams and not playing and they should be playing in another team but because we cannot pay them enough, there's no chance of them coming.
'It's not because there's too many foreigners in England, it is because there are not enough British players playing at the top teams. It works both ways and I can't blame one way or another. I wouldn't blame people if they just bought foreigners, it's the system that's wrong.

Take a bow: Poyet's first signing Marcos Alonso (right) made an impressive debut in the Capital One Cup

Flying Seagull: Poyet is hoping to bring in one of his former Brighton players Liam Bridcutt (top)

'There are teams who want too much money, there are teams who have no limit on what they pay, there are clubs with more money and big squads and it's impossible to get those players. I wanted to play when I was a player but it's down to the player's character, the future they have and what they want.
'We can't put a number on the outgoings but we're trying to move things around a little bit and make a few changes because we have had three different managers with the same group of players and somehow we've not got out of the bottom three and that's something we need to change.
'It's difficult to say why it has not worked for Cabral. For me, he probably has his own opinion but there was a part of him just not working, I don't want to blame myself only, it was probably a combination of things like when he arrived, where he was playing, the players that we had, the way I wanted to play, the players in his position, how they were doing.'

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-10, 12:45 pm

I can't fault a single thing Poyet has said in there.  I've been saying for years that English players lack the skills to warrant their price, and I stick by it.  When I look at the average schoolboy on the streets of Argentina and those of the average England international, I frankly blush.  Every single time England play, Len Shackleton must turn in his grave.

The EPL these days has very little to do with British dross.  It's ultimately about Suarez, Aguero, van Persie.  Well done Messrs. di Fanti, Angeloni, Poyet and - yes, di Canio - for dragging this club into the modern world.  If you want three Argentine players then so far as I'm concerned, go.  Go!  When I look at Argentina every world cup, they show me kids I've never heard of that are out of this world.  And if that's what you want to bring here, I am 100% behind you.  That's the future.  I don't see British kids practicing with a ball any more like they do on the back streets of Buenos Aires.

Go!  Because what we've got now is a crock of outmoded fantasies.  Gazza was the last great one from Britain.  It's over.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-10, 3:49 pm

Sunderland are set to challenge Inter and Fiorentina for the signature of Roma striker Marco Borriello, according to Italian press reports.

Sunderland have good scouting links in Italy and the Premier League strugglers are hoping to use their contacts to snatch Roma striker Marco Borriello from under the noses of Inter and Fiorentina, press reports claim.

It hasn't been the easiest of seasons for Sunderland who are propping up the Premier League table and expected to roll the dice in the winter transfer window.

While Paolo Di Canio's reign ended in disappointment, the club still has strong links with Italy and could turn to Serie A for new blood.

The Black Cats pulled off a coup when they landed Emanuele Giaccherini despite the interest of a wealth of Italian clubs and they are said to be looking for another unlikely swoop.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, Sunderland are eyeing Marco Borriello, who has become tired of playing a back-up role at high-flying Roma.

Despite the absence of Francesco Totti and Mattia Destro for a significant part of the first half of the season, Borriello has still not been given a huge amount of time to shine in Rudi Garcia's side.

Borriello's very lucrative contract expires at the end of the season and he is expected to find a new side, but he could choose to leave before that, giving Roma the chance to make some money on the sale.

Inter and Fiorentina are both reportedly watching Borriello with interest but neither have made a concrete approach.

Tuttomercatoweb suggests that Sunderland could take advantage of that indecision to pounce and bring the 31-year-old to England.

Borriello spent much of his career owned by AC Milan but between 2002 and 2010 he was frequently sent out on loan and made the greatest impression while at Genoa.

Roma signed the Naples-born marksman in 2010 but also loaned him to Juventus and Genoa. He has 12 goals in 52 games for Roma.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-10, 7:27 pm

1.  Expand

•  Retweet 
    •  Favourite 
    •  More

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]George Caulkin ‏[ltr]@CaulkinTheTimes[/ltr]5m
    The financial aspect of #Safc deal for Santiago Vergini is hellish complex, I'm told. Now expected on Wearside 2nd half of next week.

Expand

• ________________________________________________________
    cyprussyd
    cyprussyd
    Senior Member(Top Cat)
    Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-10, 7:28 pm

1.  Expand

•  Retweet 
      •  Favourite 
      •  More

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]George Caulkin ‏
    [ltr]@CaulkinTheTimes[/ltr]

5m
    The financial aspect of #Safc deal for Santiago Vergini is hellish complex, I'm told. Now expected on Wearside 2nd half of next week.

Expand

• ________________________________________________________
    cyprussyd
    cyprussyd
    Senior Member(Top Cat)
    Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum