SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» A little info for the armchair fans
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 3 EmptyToday at 3:46 pm by cyprussyd

» Fowler
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 9:03 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Congratulations H
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 5:08 pm by gil t azell

» Dave
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:36 am by gil t azell

» Predictions Week 15
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 3 Empty2019-11-15, 8:57 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Ross
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 3 Empty2019-11-15, 5:06 pm by cyprussyd

» Appoint a decent manager
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 3 Empty2019-11-14, 7:26 pm by Steve30000

» Well thats it for me, after last night
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 3 Empty2019-11-14, 1:20 pm by Kipper

» Donald on radio tonight
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 3 Empty2019-11-14, 10:18 am by wanderer

» The excitement builds
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 3 Empty2019-11-13, 8:57 am by cyprussyd

January rumour mill- the final 1 day..

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January rumour mill- the final 1 day..

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-06, 5:00 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:We are all pretty much in agreement about the past. But, Short can only look forward now. He believes he now has the right manager that will develop a style of football that will put us with the Southamptons and Swanseas, just outside the Europen slots .... For starters! To back his preferred manager has to be the way forward, whether it may be through loanees or purchases in the short-term, and appropriate development in the summer when survival has been achieved. I am still confident that we will survive and looking forward to what Poyet will achieve.

I hope you are right...I am not silly enough to think that all managers buys are good buys and work out, some take time (something we do not have in abundance) But I can see that following the mis-spending and the lop sided squad of players we ended up with at time, no LB, no back-up strikers, no creative midfielders and how spectacularly some buys have failed, mainly strikers, midfielders and wingers. I can sort of understand why Short would want to bring in a director of football. After all the money we have spent, and the size of following at our club, we should not be at the bottom of the table looking at relegation as a distinct possibility..
we should not but its simply been a combination of errors and bad luck.

who would have thought O'Neill would flop so badly or indeed that Di Canio would keep us up so well.

Di Canio then imploded and we all, me included criticised the summer spending, however it was 2 of those flops who excited us on Sunday. Diakite and Roberge have done OK and Cerluska and Dossena are not bad players. Giacc is getting better by the game and we still dont know how Marvaris will do. Mannone is proving a bargain so that leaves us with Altidore and Cabral.

Cabral is a big mystery but what about Altidore? Yes he missed a sitter on Sunday but how good did he look running at defenders and playing with Ba and Whatmore, maybe he will surprise everyone, not a prolific scorer but a good foil.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January rumour mill- the final 1 day..

Post  Guest on 2014-01-06, 5:03 pm

.. But let's not forget we were playing a third tier team...https://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_biggrin.png

But yes, the youngsters could be a breath of fresh air... and might motivate the old timers if they think their appearance money is at risk !

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-06, 5:13 pm

silvers wrote:.. But let's not forget we were playing a third tier team...https://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_biggrin.png

But yes, the youngsters could be a breath of fresh air... and might motivate the old timers if they think their appearance money is at risk !
We were playing a third tier team but then again so were the 11 who started and failed to excite.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-06, 6:36 pm

Gus Poyet wants right players to help Sunderland's Premier League survival bid
Last Updated: 06/01/14 5:45pm
[url=https://www.facebook.com/dialog/feed?app_id=119138771563927&display=popup&link=http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11695/9104669/&name=Poyet+says+he+won%27t+panic-buy&caption=Sky Sports][/url]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gus Poyet: Feels there is plenty of time to find players

Gus Poyet insists he won't be rushed into making any panic-buys as he tries to ensure Sunderland's Premier League survival this season.

Sunderland currently lie bottom of the Premier League, but an upturn in their fortunes since Poyet has been in charge has seen the Wearside club lose just once in their last six matches.

And the Uruguayan says he is not just targeting seasoned professionals in the January transfer window, insisting he will be looking for quality players who can make a difference to his side regardless of age or experience.
"It's not about just bringing in players for the sake of bringing in players," Poyet said. "We'll stay calm. It's the sixth so there are still 20 days to go!

"That's the most difficult part in January. In the summer, you've got time normally so you can check plenty of things and really go deeper into situations.
"Saying that, we work, I know what I want and what we're looking for and we will see what we can get.
"I don't think it's one way only. It's not like everybody needs to be experienced. It's a mix and we need to make a few changes if possible and we need to make sure it affects the team in a positive way."
Sunderland entertain Manchester United on Tuesday in the first leg of their Capital One Cup semi-final tie before travelling to fellow Premier League strugglers Fulham on Saturday.
Fulham are five points ahead of Poyet's men in 16th position in the Premier League, but Rene Meulensteen's side are the only team in the league with an inferior goal difference to Sunderland.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-06, 10:02 pm

Possible deal for Diakite to Verona not sure how much legs in this as just heard, thoughts anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-06, 10:21 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Possible deal for Diakite to Verona not sure how much legs in this as just heard, thoughts anyone?
only if we bring in a replacement, with Brown and OSheas injury record I would hate to go the rest of the season with Roberge and Cuella for cover

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-06, 11:02 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:Possible deal for Diakite to Verona not sure how much legs in this as just heard, thoughts anyone?
only if we bring in a replacement, with Brown and OSheas injury record I would hate to go the rest of the season with Roberge and Cuella for cover
Agreed - especially as Cuellar is injured.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-07, 9:25 am

Can only think that Gus has people lined up if this does happen or the player himself wants it then as we have seen he'll be gone in a flash.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-07, 9:47 am

GUS Poyet says Sunderland fans should not mistake a lack of new arrivals as a sign that constant transfer work is not going on behind the scenes at the club.

The Black Cats boss signalled ahead of the January transfer window that he wanted to bring in three or four new faces as quickly as possible. And on the eve of the window re-opening, the club announced the signing on a season-long loan of Fiorentina left-back Marcos Alonso.
Since then though it has all gone quiet and although Poyet has insisted that he will not give details away of the players he is trying to sign, he has revealed that everything is being done that can be done to bring in new signings.
“There is a lot happening,” he told the Echo. “But I’m afraid there is nothing to actually report.
“I will say that it is very difficult – you could not imagine.
“People think you just go to a chairman, get a telephone number of a player, ring him and then buy him.
“But it’s not like that, it’s not like going to a supermarket and buying something. There are so many things that need to come together – the player, the money, the club, the transfer window and so on.
“So that’s what we are working on, making lots of calls, doing lots of work but things just don’t come together straight away and although that’s frustrating, we can only accept it.”
As well as bringing players in, Sunderland are looking to move a few on. But Poyet revealed: “It’s the same problem – getting players out is exactly the same, very complicated. And a lots of clubs might come calling for a player that you don’t want to give away but no-one comes for the ones who you do want to give away!
“It’s tough and you have to be patient but you also have to keep working away it and I can assure fans that that’s exactly what we are doing.”

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-07, 12:19 pm

cyprussyd wrote:GUS Poyet says Sunderland fans should not mistake a lack of new arrivals as a sign that constant transfer work is not going on behind the scenes at the club.

The Black Cats boss signalled ahead of the January transfer window that he wanted to bring in three or four new faces as quickly as possible. And on the eve of the window re-opening, the club announced the signing on a season-long loan of Fiorentina left-back Marcos Alonso.
Since then though it has all gone quiet and although Poyet has insisted that he will not give details away of the players he is trying to sign, he has revealed that everything is being done that can be done to bring in new signings.
“There is a lot happening,” he told the Echo. “But I’m afraid there is nothing to actually report.
“People think you just go to a chairman, get a telephone number of a player, ring him and then buy him.
“But it’s not like that, it’s not like going to a supermarket and buying something. There are so many things that need to come together – the player, the money, the club, the transfer window and so on.
“So that’s what we are working on, making lots of calls, doing lots of work but things just don’t come together straight away and although that’s frustrating, we can only accept it.”
As well as bringing players in, Sunderland are looking to move a few on. But Poyet revealed: “It’s the same problem – getting players out is exactly the same, very complicated. And a lots of clubs might come calling for a player that you don’t want to give away but no-one comes for the ones who you do want to give away!
“It’s tough and you have to be patient but you also have to keep working away it and I can assure fans that that’s exactly what we are doing.”

Who is he trying to GIVE away

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-07, 12:39 pm

who is he not ?

January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. - Page 3 Orangesmile3

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-07, 12:46 pm

BobbyKerrsTache wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:GUS Poyet says Sunderland fans should not mistake a lack of new arrivals as a sign that constant transfer work is not going on behind the scenes at the club.

Who is he trying to GIVE away
The game kicks off at 7.45 so I dont have time right now to name them all

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-07, 3:09 pm

Transfer news: Sunderland's Modibo Diakite and Cabral linked with moves to Italy
By Simone Bargellini | Last Updated: 07/01/14 2:09pm
 0[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Modibo Diakite: Limited appearances with Sunderland
Summer Sunderland signings Modibo Diakite and Cabral have both been linked with January moves to Italy.

Both players arrived under Paolo Di Canio's stewardship, but neither has featured prominently.
Centre-half Diakite came in from Lazio and has played in seven Premier League games, whilst midfielder Cabral - signed from Basel on a free - has made just one appearance.
Cabral is reported to be interesting a number of clubs in Italy, most notably Genoa.
Gus Poyet told the Sunderland Echo: "We are having a few chats with Cabral, and we will see what the future brings.
"He was either going to play for 90 minutes [against Carlisle] or not - I didn't think it was a good option for him to be on the bench.
"We have a decision to make."
Likewise, Diakite is being tipped to make the move, but his agent insists that, whilst returning to Italy is an option, with Verona, Sassuolo and Sampdoria all said to be keen, he could yet remain in England.
"In Italy, these hypotheses are viable and could be good solutions," Ulisse Savini is quoted by Calciomercato.
"But Modibo's goal, however, is to remain in the Premier League, at Sunderland or elsewhere."

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-07, 3:20 pm

As we told you last month, Sunderland were one of only three clubs still in the running for Swedish striker Valmir Berisha, however that number has been reduced by one, with Sunderland still appearing favourites to sign a player dubbed the 'New Zlatan'.
The player has admitted that it's between Sunderland an an unnamed Serie A side and hopes a deal can be wrapped up soon;
The clubs are in England and in Italy. I negotiate with both right now, but have not decided yet. I will probably decide in about a week, I'm extremely hungry for games now and want it to be ready soon.
The player has also said he's spoken to Sunderland's Swedish players Seb Larsson and David Moberg Karlsson and both left him feeling positive about a move to the Stadium of Light;
I've talked a bit with Sebastian Larsson and also David Moberg Karlsson, and it feels good. I have a pretty okay picture of the various possibilities.
While he would be joining the under 21 team of the Italian side outright, Berisha explains that he will be initially closer to the first team picture at Sunderland;
The most important thing is of course that the conditions of the club are right and that plans for me feels good.
From the Italian side, it would be in the u21 section outright, and in England I would have my base in u21 but in time, perhaps at the end of the season, get to know the first team a little bit, and maybe join in and train with them.

Hope it happens.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-07, 3:23 pm

but do we need a striker  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-07, 3:29 pm

You do for a Match!

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-07, 3:38 pm

BobbyKerrsTache wrote:You do for a Match!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-07, 10:20 pm

Brighton midfielder Liam Bridcutt has handed in a transfer request as former boss Gus Poyet tries to take him to Sunderland.
Sky sources understand the 24-year-old Scot has asked to leave the Championship club as the Black Cats continue to try and negotiate a double deal for him and winger Will Buckley.
Poyet has refused to discuss his January targets in public, but the 46-year-old Uruguayan is known to admire a man he took to the Amex Stadium in August 2010.
Whether or not former Chelsea trainee Bridcutt's move will persuade Brighton, who declined to comment on the matter on Tuesday evening, to part with one of their most prized assets remains to be seen.
Poyet has already signed Fiorentina defender Marcos Alonso on loan for the remainder of the season, but hopes to bring in up to four more players before the end of the month.
Sunderland currently sit bottom of the table - four points from safety - with just 14 points from their opening 20 games.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-07, 11:58 pm

West Bromwich Albion want to sign Craig Gardner from Sunderland. The 27-year-old midfielder is out of contract in the summer and could move on a free when his deal expires but Albion chairman Jeremy Peace might look to make a move this month.
Full story: Mirror

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-08, 12:52 am

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/10920017.Transfer_window_watch__Bridcutt_makes_transfer_request_/

Transfer window watch: Bridcutt makes transfer request.

6:59pm Tuesday 7th January 2014 in Albion By Andy Naylor
The Argus: Liam Bridcutt, wants to leave Albion for Sunderland. Liam Bridcutt, wants to leave Albion for Sunderland.

Albion's reigning player of the season Liam Bridcutt has handed in a transfer request.

The Seagulls have refused to comment but an Argus source has confirmed Bridcutt handed in a request today.

The influential midfielder is desperate to link up again with his former manager Gus Poyet at Premier League strugglers Sunderland.

The Black Cats made a £2 million offer for Bridcutt at the beginning of the January transfer window.

Bridcutt has now made clear his wish for a move to the Stadium of Light.

He was one of the last players off the pitch and dwelt to applaud supporters chanting his name at the end of his last appearance for Albion in the 1-1 home draw against Bournemouth on New Year's Day.

Bridcutt was one of eight players left out of the side for Saturday's FA Cup win against Reading at The Amex.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2014-01-08, 2:08 pm

One out and one in??????

Looks like Cabral to Genoa, he is there now, and Vergini (Argentinian CentreBack) in. 

Sounds good to me  Very Happy
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-08, 2:13 pm

Mackemneil wrote:One out and one in??????

Looks like Cabral to Genoa, he is there now, and Vergini (Argentinian CentreBack) in. 

Sounds good to me  Very Happy
well after seeing Poyets first signing I think anyone he brings in will make me happy

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-01-08, 2:29 pm

Sunderland closing in on Argentine defender Santiago Vergini 

The 25-year-old will join the Black Cats' battle to stay in the Premier League once he's agreed an exit from Estudiantes 

Black Cat? Sunderland target Santiago Vergini 
Black Cat? Sunderland target Santiago Vergini

AFP

Sunderland are close to signing Argentine defender Santiago Vergini from Estudiantes de La Plata.

The 25-year-old centre-back won a national league title at Newell's Old Boys in June under now-Barcelona manager Gerardo Martino, but after just five months at Estudiantes he is closing in on a Premier League move.

The defender needs only to agree a pay-off with Estudiantes, thought to be in the region of £400,000, to settle the remaining six months of his contract at the Estadio Unico.

Sunderland Sporting Director Roberto De Fanti has extensive contacts in South America and last week turned down the opportunity to sign Vergini's former teammate, Argentina forward Ignacio Scocco. 

But Gustavo Poyet is set to give the green light for the defender to sign an 18-month deal with an option for an extra year if the move is a success.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-01-08, 5:51 pm

A couple of months ago, Poyet was threatening to leave if he didn't have final say on signings.  He must have got it because the last post says he hasn't given the green light for the Argentinian signing.  SAFC reveals itself in many strange ways.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum