SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Im doubtful for saturday
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. EmptyToday at 8:59 am by vinkel

» SAFC fans branches
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. EmptyToday at 8:38 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Player of the season
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. EmptyToday at 8:27 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 36
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. EmptyToday at 8:24 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Easter Monday
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. EmptyYesterday at 8:29 pm by gil t azell

» Results Good Friday
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. EmptyYesterday at 8:28 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 35
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. EmptyYesterday at 8:28 pm by gil t azell

» Will it or wont it, Well?
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. EmptyYesterday at 6:54 pm by cyprussyd

» League Table Easter Monday
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. EmptyYesterday at 12:17 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» SUNDERLAND V PORTSMOUTH
January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. EmptyYesterday at 9:29 am by cyprussyd

January rumour mill- the final 1 day..

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. Empty January rumour mill- the final 1 day..

Post  Vincemac on 2013-12-21, 11:34 am

By Tott Dixon - Seaham
Updated Thursday, 19th December 2013
Views: 1159

• Sunderland RSS Feed

Sunderland are one of a number of Premier League clubs tracking Nottingham Forest youngster Jamaal Lascelles.
Spurs and Aston Villa have been watching the 20-year-old over recent weeks after his promotion into the Forest first-team.
The England Under-20 international central defender has made nine appearances for Forest this season.
If Sunderland made a move for Lascelles, he would not be an immediate option in the Premier League for Gus Poyet ... AND he could be beyond Poyet's budget.
Arsenal saw a £5million offer rejected for the then 17-year-old in 2011 when a number of the Premier League’s heavyweights, including Tottenham and Liverpool were keeping a close eye on him.
That £5m could be spent on a couple of experienced players needed for Premiership survival..
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. Empty Re: January rumour mill- the final 1 day..

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-12-22, 12:03 pm

TBH I would like to think that with Dikate and Roberge in the background that a defender is not a January priority.

A chance maker and taker we do need, who, at what cost and who would come, thats the question.

Anyone got an answer?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. Empty Re: January rumour mill- the final 1 day..

Post  Guest on 2013-12-22, 12:23 pm

We have no chance of getting players like this in our current position, the ones we will attract are either mercenaries after last payday or someone who is willing to risk it on us staying up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-12-22, 12:46 pm

cyprussyd wrote:TBH I would like to think that with Dikate and Roberge in the background that a defender is not a January priority.

A chance maker and taker we do need, who, at what cost and who would come, thats the question.

Anyone got an answer?

I agree, Syd, he's not a priority, and like most English players, he's grossly over-priced. I've no idea who will come in January, especially given our position, but it seems a fair bet they will be foreign and fairly priced instead.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-12-22, 1:08 pm

cuteybuns wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:TBH I would like to think that with Dikate and Roberge in the background that a defender is not a January priority.

Anyone got an answer?

I agree, Syd, he's not a priority, and like most English players, he's grossly over-priced.  I've no idea who will come in January, especially given our position, but it seems a fair bet they will be foreign and fairly priced instead.
Welsh it is then

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-12-22, 1:13 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
cuteybuns wrote:

Anyone got an answer?

I agree, Syd, he's not a priority, and like most English players, he's grossly over-priced.  I've no idea who will come in January, especially given our position, but it seems a fair bet they will be foreign and fairly priced instead.
Welsh it is then
What, we're signing sheep now?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-12-22, 1:20 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
cuteybuns wrote:

Anyone got an answer?

Welsh it is then
flock off

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-12-22, 1:28 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
cuteybuns wrote:

Anyone got an answer?

Welsh it is then
flock off
That's wooly well not very nice.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-12-22, 1:59 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
cuteybuns wrote:

Anyone got an answer?

Welsh it is then
flock off
That's wooly well not very nice.
ewe know I'm joking

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-12-23, 8:47 pm

Latest seems to be..

Ki not being recalled in January

Bid in for the lad from Brighton

Fletcher to West Ham

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. Empty The January Transfer Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-12-27, 7:09 am

Tiger target: Steve Bruce is plotting a move for Sunderland's Steven Fletcher
Action Images
Hull City boss Steve Bruce is ready to make a record-breaking move for Sunderland striker Steven Fletcher.

Scotland international hit man Fletcher has fallen out of favour under Gus Poyet in recent weeks and the Tigers are set to pounce.

And Bruce will try to tempt the Black Cats into a sale - but it will cost a staggering £6 million even if the price comes down.

Bruce has been looking for a striker who can play on his own and score goals to give his side more of a threat and Fletcher knows the role.

Hull chief Bruce knows that there is still work to do to stay up and wants to bring in new goalscoring threats for the rest of the season - and beyond.

Fletcher could be sold by Sunderland if Poyet finds new players. The South American boss prefers Jozy Altidore just now and leaves him on the bench.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-12-27, 8:29 am

Heard Fletcher to Celtic as well syd sounds like he isn't up for another dogfight. We will lose money on him without a doubt but, do we cut our losses now or wait to take an even bigger loss at the end of the season?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-12-27, 9:14 am

Hasn't Charlie Oatway just said on Sky this last couple of days that the reason Fletcher isn't right is that his knee injury is still playing up? He's not "out of favour".

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2013-12-27, 9:30 am

cuteybuns wrote:Hasn't Charlie Oatway just said on Sky this last couple of days that the reason Fletcher isn't right is that his knee injury is still playing up?  He's not "out of favour".

I hope this the correct rumour!
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-12-27, 11:32 am

cuteybuns wrote:Hasn't Charlie Oatway just said on Sky this last couple of days that the reason Fletcher isn't right is that his knee injury is still playing up?  He's not "out of favour".

he did cutey but when did a journo let the truth spoil a good rumour

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2013-12-27, 8:15 pm

"Sunderland are close to signing former Bolton defender Marcos Alonso on loan from Fiorentina but boss Gus Poyet is unlikely to get more funds in January...." [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-12-27, 8:17 pm

Hieronymus wrote:"Sunderland are close to signing former Bolton defender Marcos Alonso on loan from Fiorentina but boss Gus Poyet is unlikely to get more funds in January...." [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
dont like the sound of that

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2013-12-27, 8:52 pm

Hieronymus wrote:"Sunderland are close to signing former Bolton defender Marcos Alonso on loan from Fiorentina but boss Gus Poyet is unlikely to get more funds in January...." [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nothing new there folks from Short, it's about making as much money as he can from as little investment as possible. 
On that front Mrs Brown set the benchmark & I see no reason for the owner to change tack. Gus will have to sell & loan out now with a guarantee to terminate contracts in the off season to get the funds.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-12-29, 5:07 am

Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Keith Andrews is hoping Liam Bridcutt does not leave the club during the January transfer window.

Reports have claimed that former Brighton boss Gus Poyet is planning a £2million bid in an attempt to take Bridcutt to Sunderland when the window reopens next week.

Crystal Palace saw an offer for the midfielder rejected before the close of the summer transfer window, while Norwich City and West Brom have also been linked with the former Chelsea youngster.

Andrews feels Bridcutt is capable of playing in the Premier League, but he wants the 24-year-old to stay at the Amex Stadium to aid Brighton's push for promotion to the top flight.

"It's one of those things that is not really in our hands," Andrews told The Argus. "I know it was kind of spoken about in August that he may or may not have left.

"Liam is obviously a fantastic player coming into the prime of his career. He is still only relatively a young lad but he has got bags of experience and if he does go it would be a massive blow and a big loss to the lads, because he is a popular player.

"Hopefully we can keep hold of him, hopefully we can keep hold of everybody because if we do I'd be very confident that we will be pushing.

"He is good enough to play in the Premier League without a shadow of a doubt. He's got the tenacity, the knowledge of playing in a certain way. He picks up very good positions and uses the ball very well.

"We've got a very competitive midfield, there's no doubt about that, but we want to keep him."

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-12-29, 11:48 am

Another good reason to do well against Villa. Poyet's very keen on this lad, and they seemed to get along well together. If Bridcutt thinks we have a Premiership future, I think he'll ask for the move. It's up to us to demonstrate that in the next couple of games.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-12-30, 12:19 pm

Sunderland to seal deal for Fiorentina defender
Marcos Alonso
Marcos Alonso
Published on the
30 December
08:30
5 comments
Print this

SUNDERLAND are expected to confirm the capture of left-back Marcos Alonso within the next 48 hours.

Alonso underwent a medical on Wearside late last week after Sunderland agreed a loan deal until the end of the season with Italian outfit Fiorentina.

There are not thought to be any hitches towards completing the deal now and Alonso’s move should be rubber-stamped once the transfer window opens on Wednesday.

The Spaniard, who made 46 appearances for Bolton before joining Fiorentina in the summer, will offer Gus Poyet an alternative option at left-back, with Andrea Dossena the only specialist in that position in the Black Cats squad.

At this stage, there are no plans to convert the loan into a permanent switch during the summer.

But with Poyet keen to avoid any more players in the squad who are untested in English football, Alonso will offer an immediate cost-effective option, albeit he has been short of game-time at Fiorentina.

Alonso impressed last season in the Championship at Bolton before joining the Serie A side on a three-year deal during the summer. The Trotters had been keen to keep him at the club, yet the 23-year-old opted to make a Bosman move to Italy.

Meanwhile, Sunderland winger Emanuele Giaccherini will not be returning to former club Juventus in the January window, claims his agent.

Reports in the Italian press have suggested Juventus, who sold Giaccherini to the Black Cats for £6.8million during the summer, could make a loan approach for the 28-year-old, if they miss out on main targets Lucas and Jonathan Biabiany.

But Giaccherini is not thought to be keen on a return to the Serie A at this stage.

Giaccherini was eager to test his credentials in English football when he agreed to move to the Stadium of Light in July.

And although Giaccherini has blown hot and cold for the Premier League’s basement boys, the Italian international remains determined to make a success of his Sunderland career.

“Contrary to what I keep hearing, the player is having a great time at Sunderland and his family are very happy in England,” said his representative Furio Valcareggi.

“Most importantly, the English club do not want to lose the player. I’ve also spoken with Giaccherini’s family and no one is aware of any interest from Juventus.”

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2013-12-30, 12:30 pm

Well I hope the rumours about Fletcher leaving are just that.

Dossa has not convinced at LB and this other Italian may be worth a look without breaking the bank.

The Brighton lad..do not know enough about him, but if Poyet and he get on and he wants Premier football...

I have heard nothing from anybody about a striker, not even if Connor is coming back, at least to play in the cup games. The owls reckon he has not set the world alight but is their only hope of scoring goals
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

January rumour mill- the final 1 day.. Empty Sorry Sunders

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-12-30, 4:51 pm

Transfer news: Sheffield Wednesday in talks to keep Connor Wickham from Sunderland
Last Updated: 30/12/13 11:26am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Connor Wickham: Sheffield Wednesday are hoping to keep the on-loan striker

Sheffield Wednesday caretaker manager Stuart Gray is hoping to keep on-loan Sunderland striker Connor Wickham at Hillsborough.
Wickham has scored six goals in eight appearances during a second loan spell with Wednesday and grabbed the equaliser in Sunday's 1-1 draw at Charlton Athletic.
The 20-year-old has struggled to establish himself at Sunderland since a 2011 move from Ipswich Town and Gray confirmed talks are ongoing about an extension for Wickham.
"They are happy for him to stay and play," said Gray. "The problem is you are only a phone call away from losing him.
"The board are in dialogue with Sunderland about keeping him.
"Connor wants to stay, he wants to play week in, week out. But who is to say someone won't come in with a big offer for him?
"He has done ever so well here, he is buzzing with confidence at the moment, and credit to him because he has made the most of his spell with us."

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-12-31, 8:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gus Poyet has made his first move of the January transfer window with a bid of £2.5m for his former Brighton and Hove Albion midfielder Liam Bridcutt.

Bridcutt, 24, is a favourite of Poyet and the midfielder is one of those whom the Sunderland manager will use his limited resources in the transfer window to sign to strengthen his squad, currently bottom of the Premier League. The former Chelsea academy boy had attracted interest from other Premier League sides including Norwich City and West Bromwich Albion.

Poyet is also looking at the possibility of signing Shaun Wright-Phillips on loan from Queens Park Rangers. The winger has fallen out of favour with Harry Redknapp.

Sunderland have a number of key players out of contract in the summer including Sebastian Larsson, Jack Colback and Craig Gardner. Poyet is planning major changes to the squad in the summer whether the club stats in the Premier League or not. Any deal with Brighton is unlikely to be straightforward given the gross misconduct charge that preceded Poyet's departure from the club,

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-12-31, 8:58 am

Know nothing about Bridcutt however, don't see many PL clubs fighting for us signature. As for SWP good grief we aren't in that much trouble a 32 yo winger who can't get a game in the fizzy pop. He is like a smaller version of Sess 1 good game in 6/7 and, he isn't that fast anymore which was his man attribute.
Bridcutt a go, SWP no thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum