SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
Betting Scandal Again! EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
Betting Scandal Again! EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
Betting Scandal Again! Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
Betting Scandal Again! Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
Betting Scandal Again! Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
Betting Scandal Again! Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Betting Scandal Again! Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
Betting Scandal Again! Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
Betting Scandal Again! Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Betting Scandal Again! Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

Betting Scandal Again!

Go down

Betting Scandal Again! Empty Betting Scandal Again!

Post  MrRAWhite on 2013-11-29, 11:35 am

The betting scandal investigation seems me that it is getting ever more closely linked to the officials of the game. I'm starting to wonder how long it will be before a number of Premiership referees are outed, including one we regarded as a Friend!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Betting Scandal Again! Empty Re: Betting Scandal Again!

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-11-29, 11:44 am

Its no surprise really, thousands of human beings involved in football, offers of big money, greed, desperation, opportunity, weakness, criminals and that feeling of,"They will never catch me" and there will always be a minority that will be tempted.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2013-11-29, 11:50 am

TBH, not sure which is worse
Thinking of the officials as corrupt v thinking of them as incompetent CNFs who favour the "big" teams
Jerry the Jinx
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2013-11-29, 11:53 am

I just think that with betting available for the number of bookings, sending offs and penalties given etc, it makes referees the perfect target for corruption...And some of the crazy decisions that I have saw against us, particularly in the last few years, now have me wondering that there is something more sinister behind them..
The rich clubs do seem to be immune from these controversial decisions, and this might be down to corrupt refs not wanting to draw unnecessary attention to themselves..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-11-29, 12:05 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:TBH, not sure which is worse
Thinking of the officials as corrupt v thinking of them as incompetent CNFs who favour the "big" teams
Corruption is definitely worse than incompetence Jinxy, inept people are just in the wrong job.
Corrupt f***ers though have no excuse, apart from greed as has been said.

Having said that mind, I still think it's in all of us to be corruptible, if the circumstances made it acceptable to the individual.
Some people are more easily tempted than others.

Michael Chopra has publicly stated at a trial that he signed for SAFC purely for the signing on fee so he could pay off his gambling debts.
Makes you think like.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-11-29, 12:16 pm

By Holly Watt, Claire Newell and Ben Bryant
12:36PM GMT 28 Nov 2013

Six arrested by police investigating betting syndicate
World Cup matches may have been rigged
• Henry Winter: call in Interpol to confront problem
The night more was bet on Billericay than Barcelona

The alleged match fixer at the centre of the football betting scandal exposed by The Telegraph has also claimed that he can pay referees to manipulate the results of games.
The Singaporean, who was arrested on Tuesday night, was secretly recorded saying that he would pay referees across Europe a fee of £20,000.
It is understood that the claim is also being examined by the National Crime Agency which has launched a major investigation into match fixing in the wake of disclosures made by The Telegraph.

I agree with MrRAW that betting available on bookings, etc., makes match officials prime targets.  But it's not very easy to defeat, because a lot of the betting on English games takes place in Asia, i.e. outside of British or even European jurisdiction.  It seems to me the only way to get to these people is on the few occasions when they visit this country - a thing that the really big organizers needn't do often.  The police's best bet is to hit the smaller operatives working in England.  Break that, and the big operators can't function.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-11-29, 12:25 pm

cuteybuns wrote:By Holly Watt, Claire Newell and Ben Bryant
12:36PM GMT 28 Nov 2013

Six arrested by police investigating betting syndicate
World Cup matches may have been rigged
• Henry Winter: call in Interpol to confront problem
The night more was bet on Billericay than Barcelona

The alleged match fixer at the centre of the football betting scandal exposed by The Telegraph has also claimed that he can pay referees to manipulate the results of games.
The Singaporean, who was arrested on Tuesday night, was secretly recorded saying that he would pay referees across Europe a fee of £20,000.
It is understood that the claim is also being examined by the National Crime Agency which has launched a major investigation into match fixing in the wake of disclosures made by The Telegraph.

I agree with MrRAW that betting available on bookings, etc., makes match officials prime targets.  But it's not very easy to defeat, because a lot of the betting on English games takes place in Asia, i.e. outside of British or even European jurisdiction.  It seems to me the only way to get to these people is on the few occasions when they visit this country - a thing that the really big organizers needn't do often.  The police's best bet is to hit the smaller operatives working in England.  Break that, and the big operators can't function.
Yes, very true & hit the bookies too.
I mean who in the hell would bet on how many yellow's are issued during a game apart from the stupid or those that have actually bribed the officials to fix it?

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2013-11-29, 12:46 pm

And so it begins!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2013-11-29, 5:49 pm

Certainly not defending Friend and co but these syndicates are not the most salubrious of people. They would not hesitate to have henchmen threaten people, their families etc. Difficult situation.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2013-11-29, 6:39 pm

Billy D wrote:
Jerry the Jinx wrote:TBH, not sure which is worse
Corruption is definitely worse than incompetence Jinxy, inept people are just in the wrong job.
Corrupt f***ers though have no excuse, apart from greed as has been said.

Having said that mind, I still think it's in all of us to be corruptible, if the circumstances made it acceptable to the individual.
Some people are more easily tempted than others

Michael Chopra has publicly stated at a trial that he signed for SAFC purely for the signing on fee so he could pay off his gambling debts.
Makes you think like.
I could talk to you for hours on the subject as you've got it in one. 
One day it'll form a chapter in my book of life's tales before one including the Italian connection Suspect

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum