SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
Any NFL fans here?and which is your favorite team? EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
Any NFL fans here?and which is your favorite team? EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
Any NFL fans here?and which is your favorite team? Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
Any NFL fans here?and which is your favorite team? Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
Any NFL fans here?and which is your favorite team? Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
Any NFL fans here?and which is your favorite team? Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Any NFL fans here?and which is your favorite team? Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
Any NFL fans here?and which is your favorite team? Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
Any NFL fans here?and which is your favorite team? Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Any NFL fans here?and which is your favorite team? Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

Any NFL fans here?and which is your favorite team?

Go down

Any NFL fans here?and which is your favorite team? Empty Any NFL fans here?and which is your favorite team?

Post  Guest on 2013-11-12, 10:31 am

Any NFL fans here?and which is your favorite team?

Mine is cowboys.

Back to top Go down

Any NFL fans here?and which is your favorite team? Empty Re: Any NFL fans here?and which is your favorite team?

Post  Guest on 2013-11-14, 1:11 am

Hiya, Carlos. Interesting question for your debut. Welcome.

I don't see enough NFL to have a favourite team. But I do think with Landon Donovan refusing to become an export, and Clint Dempsey returning from England, they are showing a lot of ambition. I can see that league becoming more of a force in time, just as the international team has.

What might hold them back a bit is the maximum wage. It's so easy for a good American player to look enviously at English wages and go for it.

But as today's school kids become young adults and supporters of those clubs, the money will eventually free up. It's all well and good having boxing titles, basketball titles, hockey titles, and Olympic medals coming out of their ears, but the U.S.A. had to learn that if they want to be anybody in world sports, they have to have soccer. It's a necessity. O.K., so they've done that, and are getting better all the time. Good for them, I say. I'm on their side - just so long as they don't want Jozy Altidore back! I kinda like him where he is! Very Happy 

Hope you post again.

Back to top Go down

Any NFL fans here?and which is your favorite team? Empty Re: Any NFL fans here?and which is your favorite team?

Post  MrRAWhite on 2013-11-14, 8:02 am

NFL? Is that the game where they run about a bit in between all the adverts...Probably the most boring sport in the world apart from baseball..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2013-11-14, 10:08 am

I used to live in America in the 1970's and enjoyed watching all US sports. My favourite NFL team was the Green Bay Packers as I first lived and went to university in Wisconsin. Of course the Packers won the first two Super Bowls with the great Vince Lombardi as coach. I got to see a couple of live games, one in Milwaukee where they play occasionally and one in Green Bay. I was used to the cold by then but even so sitting in 20 degrees below zero in an uncovered stadium tests even the strongest! I got into watching US sports at college and, as you say Mr RAW, when seen on TV it looks boring but when you are at a game and make it an event as most Americans do it is a different thing altogether. To watch NFL live is very expensive as I recall and most people I knew only went to one or two home games a season. Very few go to away games as the distances are too large.

I believe the success of the NFL playing a game over here at Wembley means some people are thinking of stating up a franchise in London. What do people think of that idea?
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-11-14, 10:33 am

Ha, and which clown has got up this morning and realized that he confused NFL with MLS? MOI ! Apologies. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2013-11-14, 11:53 am

cuteybuns wrote:Ha, and which clown has got up this morning and realized that he confused NFL with MLS?  MOI !  Apologies.  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 
Should have kept quiet cutey, I thought it was tongue-in-cheek!

Very Happy

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-11-14, 5:01 pm

No, no, Dave. I wouldn't have treated a new poster with sarcasm of that sort. I hold my hands up - it was late at night and I quite definitely placed foot in mouth.

My sincere apologies to carlos.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2013-11-14, 6:02 pm

cuteybuns wrote:Ha, and which clown has got up this morning and realized that he confused NFL with MLS?  MOI !  Apologies.  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 
Don't believe you....really well written.

canary-dave wrote:
Should have kept quiet cutey, I thought it was tongue-in-cheek!

Very Happy
It was so good I read it twice.....I'm with you Dave.

cuteybuns wrote:No, no, Dave.  I wouldn't have treated a new poster with sarcasm of that sort.  I hold my hands up - it was late at night and I quite definitely placed foot in mouth.

My sincere apologies to carlos.
Yeah Right.

Ps. I know & you know Wink

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2013-11-14, 6:14 pm

Hi Carlos....used to watch the channel 4 American football show over here every Sunday evening when it was on in the 80's...Redskins were my favorite team...think that was the last time they were any good:D
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum