SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland vs Benfica B - Thursday 18th July
Sunderland v Man City EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Got my pass, have you got yours?
Sunderland v Man City EmptyYesterday at 9:01 pm by Vincemac

» Good Luck
Sunderland v Man City Empty2019-07-17, 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
Sunderland v Man City Empty2019-07-17, 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
Sunderland v Man City Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Sunderland v Man City Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
Sunderland v Man City Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

» Love departs
Sunderland v Man City Empty2019-07-14, 9:08 am by barrowmackem

» McGeady
Sunderland v Man City Empty2019-07-14, 9:06 am by barrowmackem

» Twitter 1
Sunderland v Man City Empty2019-07-12, 5:19 pm by Hieronymus

Sunderland v Man City

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sunderland v Man City Empty Sunderland v Man City

Post  Guest on 2013-11-06, 3:43 am

Sunderland v Man City Cityathome

Not very good are they?

Can only manage 12 goals in 2 games:twisted:

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Man City Empty Re: Sunderland v Man City

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2013-11-06, 5:48 am

commachio wrote:Not very good are they?

Can only manage 12 goals in 2 games:twisted: 
They'll be crapping themselves as we average 0.7 & others have put 2.2 past us so it should be real close Rolling Eyes

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-11-06, 6:19 am

I said on chat box during Saturday's game, when their score got to six, "How good is that - lose Tevez and still score six!" 

I think it's essential for us to put seven defenders on Aguero at all times.  If we do that, we might just keep it down to five.  I also think it's essential to put Ji on around 80 minutes.  He'll score, y'know - it's the sort of Sod's Law thing that so often happens.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-11-06, 7:09 am

Well they are crap away from home and we are just crap so I am expecting a good game, may take a book, just in case.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-11-06, 10:18 am

Will be a tad crowded in the Sunderland half..

The Man City goalie will need to keep his concentration ... Sunderland v Man City Tumbleweed1_zps178b0fe2

.. in readiness for our breakaways...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-11-06, 10:33 am

Sunderland v Man City Z

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-11-06, 11:05 pm

silvers wrote:Will be a tad crowded in the Sunderland half..

The Man City goalie will need to keep his concentration ... Sunderland v Man City Tumbleweed1_zps178b0fe2

.. in readiness for our breakaways...
Plural?  I wouldn't count on that, mate.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-11-07, 7:01 am

Well after our dress rehearsal against Southampton Gus has some big calls to make.

The Southampton line up was...

•  Mannone
  • 12 Celustka (Larsson - 70' Booked )
  • 02 Bardsley
  • 08 Gardner Booked
  • 05 Brown
  • 16 O'Shea
  • 11 Johnson
  • 14 Colback
  • 17 Altidore
  • 04 Ki Booked
  • 23 Giaccherini (Fletcher - 92' )
Substitutes

• 06 Cabral
  • 07 Larsson
  • 09 Fletcher
  • 24 Cuéllar
  • 31 Borini
  • 35 Mavrias
  • 48 Dixon

Who will survive for Sunday?

A lot depends on injuries, Westwood if fit will start on the bench for me, Mannone did nothing wrong and is cool when the ball is at his feet, a little to cool at one point.

The big question is Fletcher who must start but who drops out?

Then we have Gardner and Larsson, who starts?

I think Giaccerini if fit should start, he offers something different so is it a straight swap, Fletcher for Altidore?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-11-08, 3:31 pm

Silva out of Sundays game, a wee chink of light

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-11-08, 3:41 pm

Are Chitty due a bad game? They have qualified for the Champions League knockout stage and have scored 12 goals in the last two games.

Us on the other hand have beaten Southampton's second team and we are learning how to pass a ball to a team mate and then to move to give him options of passing back....this is revolutionary and very new for our players. Kick and rush is our normal modus operandi.

I reckon if I was a betting man I could get good odds for a victory for the home team on Sunday!

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-11-08, 3:45 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Are Chitty due a bad game? They have qualified for the Champions League knockout stage and have scored 12 goals in the last two games.

Us on the other hand have beaten Southampton's second team and we are learning how to pass a ball to a team mate and then to move to give him options of passing back....this is revolutionary and very new for our players. Kick and rush is our normal modus operandi.

I reckon if I was a betting man I could get good odds for a victory for the home team on Sunday!
then get you money on Sunders

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-11-08, 3:53 pm

Syd I have to be very careful with the few £s shillings and pence I possess (I have never really understood this decimalisation rubbish). One issue I have to weigh up is the issue of JoS can he lean to pass a ball? Or does somebody like Ki have to stand a fee feet away from him to help,him out and if he does will it work?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-11-08, 3:59 pm

My case, a weak one I admit, for a win for us starts with Lawros prediction.

Sunderland v Man City (14:05 GMT)
Sunderland had a good win over Southampton in the Capital One Cup in midweek but I don't see Manchester City making a mess of another away game. They have got enough players in good form to see them through at the Stadium of Light.
While Vincent Kompany remains sidelined, City's centre-back pairing of Martin Demechelis and Nastasic does not inspire much confidence but the Black Cats do not have enough attacking power to hurt them.
I just think City have grown up a bit in the last few weeks. They have dealt with Joe Hart's loss of form and qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League for the first time.
Now they can concentrate on the Premier League and City boss Manuel Pellegrini will be asking his players to show him why they should be top of the table.
City have struggled on their travels so far but there can be no more excuses from their players or their manager.
Lawro's prediction: 0-2
Schneider's prediction: 0-3

So City have a dodgy defence and w have Altadore and Fletcher, yes I can hear you, Altodore has not scored but, he can be a handful and create chances. In Fletcher we have the perfect player to take those chances, he only needs to take one.

Oshea is poor with paces but we know that so I expect short passes from him and longer from Brown, however their main job is to stop City and with Bardo and Jack at full back they will cut the chances from City.

1-0 in a hard fought game, get your cash on it.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-11-08, 9:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-11-08, 9:41 pm

What gets my goat as it were, is that we are hoping for yet another miracle against Chitty, cos we ended up with 2 players sent off against Hull..who by and large were not very good and could have not got a better opportunity for away points!

Still what will be will be, somebody translate that into french in they wish?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-11-08, 9:44 pm

We are capable of winning but, City are also capable of humping us by a big margin. No doubt a 0-0 thriller is on the cards and, I'll take that all day long

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-11-08, 9:51 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing Poyets team, how he goes about it, TBH I am really enjoying Poyet and watching him.

Bruce I liked, he was an old fashioned British manager to me, I like him and was sad to see it go so wrong.

O'Neill never excited me.

Di Canio I loved, his passion, his box office appeal, pity his man management and tactics were so wrong.

Poyet left me cold when he signed up, was unsure but he grows on me day by day and he keeps me interested, not the players.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-11-08, 11:13 pm

Hear what you are saying about our last three managers mate but, what is the common denominator in all those being fired?
The so called senior pros who hung successive mangers out to dry for whatever petty reasons they had. Hope I'm wrong but, I can see them doing the same with Poyet when he starts to get a bit too serious about training etc.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-11-09, 3:34 am

talcnturnip wrote:Hear what you are saying about our last three managers mate but, what is the common denominator in all those being fired?
The so called senior pros who hung successive mangers out to dry for whatever petty reasons they had. Hope I'm wrong but, I can see them doing the same with Poyet when he starts to get a bit too serious about training etc.
Not any more, talc.  The two most senior players - O'Shea and Brown - come to the end of their contracts in summer 2015.  Any trouble from them, and Poyet will simply transfer list them this next summer and they can end their careers in the lower leagues.  I think the club would back Poyet on that as well, because they'd get at least some money back for them, whereas, if they see out their contracts, we'll get nowt for them.  Catts is in the same boat.  With Colback now available for midfield and with Cabral coming back into the reckoning (he was on the bench, I notice, on Wednesday) Cattermole isn't any more secure than the two old boys.  Bardsley seems to like Poyet anyway.  So I think the days you're writing about are coming quite quickly to an end.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-11-09, 7:01 am

cuteybuns wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:Hear what you are saying about our last three managers mate but, what is the common denominator in all those being fired?
Not any more, talc.  The two most senior players - O'Shea and Brown - come to the end of their contracts in summer 2015.  Any trouble from them, and Poyet will simply transfer list them this next summer and they can end their careers in the lower leagues.  I think the club would back Poyet on that as well, because they'd get at least some money back for them, whereas, if they see out their contracts, we'll get nowt for them.  Catts is in the same boat.  With Colback now available for midfield and with Cabral coming back into the reckoning (he was on the bench, I notice, on Wednesday) Cattermole isn't any more secure than the two old boys.  Bardsley seems to like Poyet anyway.  So I think the days you're writing about are coming quite quickly to an end.
Agree 100% Cutey and I would add in that I dont think it was the players who got Di Canio the sack, they just brought it forward a few days.

Short was big enough to admit he got it wrong with Di Canio and he sure took his time in appointing Poyet, that says to me that Poyet will only be sacked if he has an absolute disaster.

Everyone knows, including Short, that the player in general are to blame and whatever division we are in next season will see a clear out,not on last summers scale but some key positions need sorting.

We then have the 14 new boys, some will I'm sure move on but it would not surprise we one bit to see the Diaktie's and Robergs and maybe Cabral becoming first team regulars before this season is over.

What I like about Poyet is his realism and calmness, he is positive about staying up but very realistic about the task.

I honestly find it fascinating to watch his team, his tactics and his substitutions.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-11-09, 11:40 am

Sunderland receive a treble boost ahead of Man City clash

Sunderland's Emanuele Giaccherini.

THE returns of Keiren Westwood, Emanuele Giaccherini and Ondrej Celustka this weekend have boosted Gus Poyet’s hopes of success in tomorrow’s game against Manchester City.

And the Black Cats’ head coach admits that he is delighted that the trio have all come through fitness tests ahead of the game.
“Keiren was the least of my worries,” he revealed. “To be honest, it was touch and go whether he played against Southampton on Wednesday or not.
“I think he could have and ordinarily he might have. If it was Thursday he would have been fine.
“But we head injuries involving goalkeepers have had a high profile in recent days and we decided to take no risks at all - particularly with Vito Mannone having played so well against Hull.
“And that gives me an interesting decision to make in terms of selection this weekend - a difficult one, but a good one for a manager to face because competition for places increases the level of performance and we need to be at our very best this weekend if we are to do well against Man City.”
Similarly, Giaccherini and Celustka’s availability is a bonus, given the way both exited the field against Southampton on Wednesday in obvious pain.
“They have worked hard,” said Poyet.
“I don’t want to say that they worked morning, noon and night because that gives the wrong impression.
“But I will say they have been working very hard with the medical staff in a lot of sessions and they came in on Friday feeling fine.
“That’s great for me because I genuinely thought that one or both of them would not be available this Sunday.
“Now I have a fully fit squad, options to consider and the chance of putting out a good bench too, which is important.”

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-11-09, 7:07 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-11-09, 10:51 pm

If I am honest I do not expect to win tomorrow...I hope we do...but what we have to show is that we are getting better..but I would love 3 points.

Man for man Chitty are better in every position..but as a team we could do it as we have done it before.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2013-11-10, 12:31 am

Sunderland run riot as Man City are lucky to escape the Stadium of Light with only a two goal defeat..Where did that performance come from?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-11-10, 3:03 am

Syd wrote :

"Agree 100% Cutey and I would add in that I dont think it was the players who got Di Canio the sack, they just brought it forward a few days."

Has to be that way, Syd.  The board meeting to discuss di Canio's position was already in the Italian press within three hours of the WBA game on Saturday.  Whilst we now know that there was a lot of discord before, it was only on the Sunday that the big bust-up came and Byrne began receiving telephone complaints.  So the board was thinking of sacking Paolo on Saturday night, i.e. before the players' complaints began reaching that level.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum