SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
Lawro predicts EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
Lawro predicts EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
Lawro predicts Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
Lawro predicts Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
Lawro predicts Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
Lawro predicts Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Lawro predicts Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
Lawro predicts Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
Lawro predicts Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Lawro predicts Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

Lawro predicts

Go down

Lawro predicts Empty Lawro predicts

Post  Guest on 2013-10-25, 4:46 am

Prediction on the big one...

Sunderland v Newcastle (13:30 GMT)

This is the first home game for Sunderland manager Gus Poyet, after his side had a shocker in the second half of their 4-0 defeat by Swansea last weekend.

In many ways, though, that was not the worst thing that could have happened. The Black Cats got away with it in the first half at the Liberty Stadium but, after the interval, we saw how low they are and how low they are going.

If they had been battered and somehow sneaked a draw in that game then it would have been something of a false dawn.
Instead, Poyet now knows first hand what he is up against. He will have looked at his players before, during and after the Swansea game and you always see more of what your players are made of when your team is struggling.

Poyet will have had his say to the players already and he probably won't have to add anything before this game. Even the ones who arrived in the summer will know they have to beat Newcastle, so I would expect an improved performance from them.
Newcastle's performance with 10 men in their draw with Liverpool will have pleased Alan Pardew. They are safely in mid-table and I would expect them to stay there.

The interesting thing for me is what the Magpies do when the transfer window opens in January because, by then, they will not have bought a player for 12 months.

This is a game that is always almost impossible to predict, but this time I can see it ending up in a draw. The only thing I know for sure is that it will be fiery.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Back to top Go down

Lawro predicts Empty Re: Lawro predicts

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-10-25, 9:20 am

I think everyone will be going for the draw, its bloody hard to pick a winner, not because you think both are capable of winning, more both are capable of losing.

My heart shouts that Poyets first home game and our desperate need for a win so we will win.

My head, well lets not go there.Sad Sad

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2013-10-25, 3:37 pm

Perhaps unsurprisingly Paul Merson has predicted a 1-2 win for the skunks also....I bet Le Piss..er sorry Le Tiss has he's money on them aswell....are we the only ones that like little ole Sunderland?Crying or Very sad
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-10-25, 3:49 pm

oldblackcat wrote:Perhaps unsurprisingly Paul Merson has predicted a 1-2 win for the skunks also....I bet Le Piss..er sorry Le Tiss has he's money on them aswell....are we the only ones that like little ole Sunderland?Crying or Very sad
Jeff predicts Sunderland win

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum