SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Charlton v Sunderland
Poyet speaks EmptyToday at 5:05 am by canary-dave

» Come back Theresa
Poyet speaks EmptyYesterday at 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
Poyet speaks Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
Poyet speaks Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
Poyet speaks Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Poyet speaks Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
Poyet speaks Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
Poyet speaks Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Poyet speaks Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

» You are shit
Poyet speaks Empty2019-05-20, 9:26 pm by Nostalgic

Poyet speaks

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Poyet speaks Empty Poyet speaks

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-10-08, 12:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Poyet speaks Empty Re: Poyet speaks

Post  sunderpitt on 2013-10-08, 12:15 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Like he sort of said, talk is cheap we need wins on the pitch
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-10-08, 1:53 pm

He talks positively which I liked and if he really means what he said and can carry it out I'm certainly a little more hopeful for the remainder of the season. I enjoyed his embarrassment at being man of the match when we hammered Chelsea. I was there that day and what a day.Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-10-08, 2:49 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Like he sort of said, talk is cheap we need wins on the pitch
his press con on sky, dont want to talk, talk is easy, I want to do.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-10-08, 3:02 pm

I was kinda impressed.  I particularly liked the fact that he intends to contact all the players away on international duty asap.  It's like saying 'We've never met, but I've seen you on t.v., and you matter.'  That's good.  One of my biggest disappointments this last couple of years was O'Neill's statement that "From what we gather, Gyan doesn't want to come back".  Now Gyan has always denied that.  His version was "My agent tells me Sunderland don't want me back".  Which sounds very much like O'Neill never once went to the trouble of picking the phone up and ringing his player directly.  And that's leads you to ask if he ever bothered speaking to Riveros before flogging him as well!

I must say, I prefer Poyet's approach to O'Neill's.  He seems to consider his players more than di Canio did too.  It was only a few minutes waffle, I know, but I very much  liked his approach.  Quite impressed.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-10-08, 3:53 pm

He impressed me Cutey and seemed to go out of his way to show he is not i Canio 2 and has learned from Paolos mistakes.

Things like communication two way, talk is easy judge me by what I do, I want to show the fans they can trust me.

I also picked up his comment about playing players in their preferred positions, Colback and Gardener came to mind.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2013-10-08, 4:06 pm

Slightly off topic; is he the ugliest manager we have had..and does it matter...will he scare the players? the fans? the Board?

Does he remind you on Martin Keown

Last edited by sunderpitt on 2013-10-08, 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-10-08, 4:07 pm

New Sunderland manager Gus Poyet is determined to inject a new belief into the struggling Wearsiders having taken over from interim boss Kevin Ball.

The 45-year-old Uruguayan, a former Chelsea and Tottenham midfielder, ended his first managerial job with Brighton in controversial circumstances back in May but is back with a two-year contract at the Stadium of Light.

He told a press conference of his time at Albion: "My aim was to try and prove that I'm good enough for the Premier League and so here I am. I've got my chance now. It's going to be a difficult challenge, but I'm ready for it.

"When you're at the bottom in the situation that we are, everyone will say it's going to be difficult. The idea here is to believe and to be convinced. From what I see, I do believe that we can get safe.

"When you're at the bottom in the situation that we are, everyone will say it's going to be difficult. The idea here is to believe and to be convinced. From what I see, I do believe that we can get safe."
Gus Poyet
"I need to convince the players and everybody. I need to make sure that players, staff, fans and directors believe in this opportunity that starts today. I'm going to play my part. I need to make sure everybody commits to the cause.

"You can see that they want to show everything the first day. Everybody wanted to train - even the ones that I wasn't expecting to. I just asked them to pay attention. The next two or three weeks, there's going to be plenty of information both ways.

"I need them to be really aware and to try to understand, to ask questions and to be involved. That will make it quicker. The longer it takes, the more difficult it is going to be. Most of the work now will be mental. It's about getting the right information.

"I've had one job as a manager so far and I was in it for four years. Every time a new manager arrives, he wants to stay as long as possible and prove he was the right choice.

"I am a confident, positive person but it's too easy to talk in advance. I want to prove it. I want to show you. When we get to the end of the season, I hope we are going to be sitting here smiling and I hope I can show I can do it at this level."

With the Black Cats rooted to the foot of the table having taken just one point from their opening seven games, Poyet's first game in charge will be the trip to face Swansea on October 19.

Short welcome

The Uruguayan began his coaching career in England in 2006 at Swindon Town, before joining Leeds United as assistant manager.

After a year at Elland Road, Poyet returned to his former club Tottenham Hotspur as first team coach, before becoming assistant manager to Juande Ramos.

In 2009 he was appointed as manager at League One Brighton and led the club to the Championship play-offs last season where they lost out to Crystal Palace.

He will be joined at the Stadium of Light by his backroom staff Mauricio Taricco and Charlie Oatway.

Sunderland chairman Ellis Short told the club website: "We analysed a wide range of candidates and believe that Gus's track record, experience, commitment and passion make him the right man to take us forward.

"We welcome him to Sunderland."

Short also paid tribute to Ball, who took the role of interim head coach following the departure of Paolo Di Canio.

He said: "I would like to thank Kevin, along with Robbie Stockdale, Mark Prudhoe and Scott Pearce, who stepped in at a moment's notice in what was a very difficult situation and gave 100% to the cause.

"As usual, Kevin gave his all for the benefit of our club and we are very grateful to him for his ongoing commitment."

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-10-08, 4:07 pm

cyprussyd wrote:He impressed me Cutey and seemed to go out of his way to show he is not i Canio 2 and has learned from Paolos mistakes.

Things like communication two way, talk is easy judge me by what I do, I want to show the fans they can trust me.

I also picked up his comment about playing players in their preferred positions, Colback and Gardener came to mind.
Nah, Steve Bruce came to mind!!!!!  Muntari came here having failed at CM for Milan - so he plays him at CM!  He played well for Ghana on the LW - so Brucie plays him at CM.  Oh Jesus, I'm getting a headache just remembering it.

Steve would play Westwood on the RW while Giaccherini went in goal and Fletcher played LB!

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-10-08, 4:09 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Slightly off topic; is he the ugliest manager we have had..and does it matter...will he scare the players? the fans? the Board?

Does he remind you on Martin Keown
Thank god we did not appoint Beardsley

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-10-08, 4:13 pm

Must have heard you sunders, trying to cover his face

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2013-10-08, 4:17 pm

Not sure why, but his picture in the new banner makes me think of Norman Wisdom!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-10-08, 4:18 pm

canary-dave wrote:Not sure why, but his picture in the new banner makes me think of Norman Wisdom!
Dave, where we are right now, any sort of Wisdom will do!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-10-08, 4:21 pm

with his cross eyes will the players know who he is speaking to.

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2013-10-08, 4:21 pm

cuteybuns wrote:
canary-dave wrote:Not sure why, but his picture in the new banner makes me think of Norman Wisdom!
Dave, where we are right now, any sort of Wisdom will do!
Something to get your teeth into!

Very Happy

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2013-10-08, 4:27 pm

When my son was a lad there was a cartoon character called He-Man, his big enemy was Skelator did he have a son called Gus.... we need to know
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2013-10-08, 4:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-10-08, 4:55 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2013-10-08, 5:06 pm

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-10-08, 5:39 pm

harper is speaking highly of him

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-10-08, 9:22 pm

OT again : Has anyone ever been to a gurning competition?  I'd love to go to one just for the experience.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-10-08, 9:24 pm

cuteybuns wrote:OT again : Has anyone ever been to a gurning competition?  I'd love to go to one just for the experience.
I'v been to the over 60's Christmas dinner at the club, very similar.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2013-10-08, 9:27 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
cuteybuns wrote:OT again : Has anyone ever been to a gurning competition?  I'd love to go to one just for the experience.
I wish you wouldn't do that when I have a mouth full of drink! Cloth please!

Laughing Laughing

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2013-10-08, 10:01 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing 
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-10-09, 2:55 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Damn it, I believe you!  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Seriously, some of the nicest days out I've had in recent years are the quoits championship at Lealholm (in the Esk valley, west of Whitby) the gooseberry fair at Egton (ditto, but closer to Whitby.  And, believe me, there are gooseberries there the size of oranges!) and the Merrills World Championship at Hutton-le-Hole, where the all-conquering Swiss team come every year.

These ancient sports and pastimes are fascinating.  Did you know, for example, that quoits is an offspring of bowls?  You can't play bowls on the deck of a ship because the deck is swaying about at sea.  So sailors made rings of rope and threw them at spikes set in the deck instead!  You learn something every day.  But a gurning championship has eluded me so far and I'm determined to put that right.  I'd really love to go.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum