SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Would there have been as many posts if we had won
club - Club confirm new head coach - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:18 pm by Steve30000

» SACK HIM
club - Club confirm new head coach - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:03 pm by wanderer

» Gillingham vs Sunderland
club - Club confirm new head coach - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:24 pm by fitz

» Trying to think of something positive
club - Club confirm new head coach - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:10 pm by fitz

» REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director
club - Club confirm new head coach - Page 2 EmptyToday at 4:17 pm by Steve30000

» Sunderland Given Double Injury Boost Ahead Of Gillingham Clash
club - Club confirm new head coach - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 4:51 pm by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 17
club - Club confirm new head coach - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:44 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Political debates
club - Club confirm new head coach - Page 2 Empty2019-12-05, 9:30 am by wanderer

» our current crop
club - Club confirm new head coach - Page 2 Empty2019-12-05, 7:25 am by wanderer

» Would never have guessed
club - Club confirm new head coach - Page 2 Empty2019-12-04, 12:17 pm by wanderer

Club confirm new head coach

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

club - Club confirm new head coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Club confirm new head coach

Post  Guest on 2013-10-08, 3:34 pm

very true very true syd although he could bring us straight back at the first go.best not to go down that route if we can help it

Back to top Go down

club - Club confirm new head coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Club confirm new head coach

Post  Guest on 2013-10-08, 6:11 pm

safc4eva wrote:on here you cannot be that negative because you will be accused of being a mag and there will be ganging on you.you have been warned.its best to say we will survive for definite even though there is no proof at the moment to say we are any better than any other team.having good spells in a game does not suggest we are better than the opposition throughout the full game.getting beat 1 v 0 after we have hit the post does not mean we deserved a draw.thats me waiting for another bullying on here for being realistic or negative as some would say.

This post is absolute bullshit.

It's all about opinions, negative or positive.

You make yourself sound like a right tart, stop picking on me etc...

For the record, as it stands now, i do believe we are relegation fodder, but i won't cry like a bairn if someone does not agree.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-10-08, 7:12 pm

Backroom staff

Find out who's who on the football management team.

Football  Management

Director of FootballRoberto De Fanti
Head CoachGus Poyet
Chief ScoutValentino Angeloni
Academy ManagerGed McNamee
Senior Professional Development CoachKevin Ball
Head of Coaching  Elliott Dickman
Senior PhysiotherapistDave Galley
Kit ManagerJohn Cooke

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2013-10-08, 8:31 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I dont for one minute see us going down, not one doubt in my mind.
Me too
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2013-10-09, 12:53 am

philiphunter wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
philiphunter wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I dont for one minute see us going down, not one doubt in my mind.
I hope you are right, but where is the evidence?

Can't you see the similarities between us and previous clubs with teams in relegation form?

Tell me from the next few games where we are going to get the points?
We all see what we want to see IMO. Every game except WBA has shown me a team that can be very good and certainly be a mid table team at worst.

We have failed because of some poor defending, individual errors, some bad finishing and some bad luck.

My belief is that Poyet will put right those defensive errors, Fletcher will put right those missed chances and all we will then need is that bit of luck. I'm not alone in those views, most so called experts agree and have all said it after most games.

Add in that some of our games have been against teams we would expect to lose to, some team selection has been head scratching and team moral has been rock bottom.

Why cant we get a result at Swansea and against Newcastle, neither are setting the premier league alight.

TBH if I had the we are doomed attitude I would simply stop going, dont need that kind of suffering.

I don't have the attitude that we are 'doomed', but I do expect to see us set the Championship alight next season before coming back up and having a go at the middle of the table.

The performance of the team and the club have nothing to do with an individual fan's attitude and I don't wish to spend another season living in hope to be badly let down.  In my mind I am willing to face the likelyhood of relegation yet knowing that this is football and anything can happen (if we win the next 4 games it will be a different story, but it won't happen).

I definitely do not want SAFC to perform badly or to be relegated but also I do not want the club become a laughing stock through delusions of grandeur; saying that 'we are going to win the title' does not make us optimistic it make us deluded.

I affiliate myself with SAFC and am proud to be associate with a club that believes that 'hard work and good decision making means we can be the best we can be'.
Well put.
There was an article on the BBC site last week stating that NO team has ever had one point form the first seven games & not been relegated.

Lets get behind the team & rewrite the history books....however difficult it might be Very Happy

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-10-09, 8:01 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
philiphunter wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
philiphunter wrote:
I hope you are right, but where is the evidence?

Can't you see the similarities between us and previous clubs with teams in relegation form?

Tell me from the next few games where we are going to get the points?
We all see what we want to see IMO. Every game except WBA has shown me a team that can be very good and certainly be a mid table team at worst.

We have failed because of some poor defending, individual errors, some bad finishing and some bad luck.

My belief is that Poyet will put right those defensive errors, Fletcher will put right those missed chances and all we will then need is that bit of luck. I'm not alone in those views, most so called experts agree and have all said it after most games.

Add in that some of our games have been against teams we would expect to lose to, some team selection has been head scratching and team moral has been rock bottom.

Why cant we get a result at Swansea and against Newcastle, neither are setting the premier league alight.

TBH if I had the we are doomed attitude I would simply stop going, dont need that kind of suffering.

I don't have the attitude that we are 'doomed', but I do expect to see us set the Championship alight next season before coming back up and having a go at the middle of the table.

The performance of the team and the club have nothing to do with an individual fan's attitude and I don't wish to spend another season living in hope to be badly let down.  In my mind I am willing to face the likelyhood of relegation yet knowing that this is football and anything can happen (if we win the next 4 games it will be a different story, but it won't happen).

I definitely do not want SAFC to perform badly or to be relegated but also I do not want the club become a laughing stock through delusions of grandeur; saying that 'we are going to win the title' does not make us optimistic it make us deluded.

I affiliate myself with SAFC and am proud to be associate with a club that believes that 'hard work and good decision making means we can be the best we can be'.
Well put.
There was an article on the BBC site last week stating that NO team has ever had one point form the first seven games & not been relegated.

Lets get behind the team & rewrite the history books....however difficult it might be Very Happy

Southampton an d Newcastle both had 1 point and both survived, Southampton 17th and Newcastle 11th

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum