SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics

Remember when Pele said

Go down

Remember when Pele said Empty Remember when Pele said

Post  Guest on 2013-09-10, 11:45 am

Pele, a World Cup winner with Brazil in 1958, 1962 and 1970, famously predicted that an African team would win the tournament before the year 2000. His prediction proved wide of the mark ...

Not even been in a final, let alone won it...

Full of shit Pele...

Can't see any winning any time soon either.

Back to top Go down

Remember when Pele said Empty Re: Remember when Pele said

Post  Guest on 2013-09-10, 12:10 pm

Ghana making progress I think ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-09-13, 4:30 am

Pele was full of shit on a lot of things.  In his playing days, he always said George Best was the best player in the world, but now claims it for himself.  Personally, I might place him third, way behind Maradona and Best, and only third unless we consider di Stefano, Puskas and Matthews.

This is the hypocrite who wants to do good for the people of Brazil as their President - and let Garincha die in poverty without once going to visit him.

No African country has even been to the semi-finals yet - though, in fairness, Ghana were the width of Suarez's fist away from it.  I think the first non-European/South American country to win the World Cup will be the U.S.A.  Dempsey, Donovan, Altidore, Bradley, and they've a young winger out there who looks for all the world a star of the future.  Do you really fancy England against that line-up?  I'm not so sure I do any more.  That's the coming force, I think.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-09-13, 4:34 am

cuteybuns wrote:Pele was full of shit on a lot of things.  In his playing days, he always said George Best was the best player in the world, but now claims it for himself.  Personally, I might place him third, way behind Maradona and Best, and only third unless we consider di Stefano, Puskas and Matthews.

This is the hypocrite who wants to do good for the people of Brazil as their President - and let Garincha die in poverty without once going to visit him.

No African country has even been to the semi-finals yet - though, in fairness, Ghana were the width of Suarez's fist away from it.  I think the first non-European/South American country to win the World Cup will be the U.S.A.  Dempsey, Donovan, Altidore, Bradley, and they've a young winger out there who looks for all the world a star of the future.  Do you really fancy England against that line-up?  I'm not so sure I do any more.  That's the coming force, I think.
Dempsey now playing for Seattle, getting rave reviews, by one of my customers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-09-13, 5:15 am

I think we spoke about your Seattle customers once before, Commachio.  Hope you remembered to compliment them on their fine e-bay book store.  Five or six years ago, I found a much sought-after volume 2 of Charles Plummer's Bedae Opera Historica (1896) there - the works of the Venerable Bede, himself a County Durham lad, and usually regarded as one of the world's top ten intellects of all time.  It was one of THE finds for my bookshelf, and I've always held Seattle in high regard ever since.  Best wishes to the Sounders all the way from North Yorkshire, England, if you remember, mate.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum