SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Favourites
Chemical weapons..mass murder EmptyYesterday at 6:38 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Retained List
Chemical weapons..mass murder Empty2019-06-16, 8:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Lee Cattermole
Chemical weapons..mass murder Empty2019-06-16, 9:30 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» I fell for that!
Chemical weapons..mass murder Empty2019-06-14, 10:37 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland Legends
Chemical weapons..mass murder Empty2019-06-14, 9:40 am by Hieronymus

» Molyneux gone
Chemical weapons..mass murder Empty2019-06-14, 9:33 am by Hieronymus

» what would you do?
Chemical weapons..mass murder Empty2019-06-14, 8:28 am by Kipper

» Killing the golden goose
Chemical weapons..mass murder Empty2019-06-12, 9:21 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Its happened
Chemical weapons..mass murder Empty2019-06-12, 8:56 am by cyprussyd

» Takeover
Chemical weapons..mass murder Empty2019-06-11, 8:51 am by Kipper

Chemical weapons..mass murder

Go down

Chemical weapons..mass murder Empty Chemical weapons..mass murder

Post  Guest on 2013-08-21, 2:32 pm

Now these have been used for many a year, from the old fashioned mustard gas etc..

Saddam used them on his own people, now being used again....maybe..

NBC, nuclear, chemical, biological, all deadly, kills a vast amount of people, each one in a different way...

Each capable of mass murder, on a huge scale.

More than 1,300 people have been killed in a chemical weapons attack near Damascus, according to Syria's main opposition group.

The National Coalition claims toxic gas was used by President Bashar al Assad's forces during a bombardment of rebel-held areas outside the Syrian capital.

It described the attack as a "coup de grace that kills all hopes for a political solution in Syria".

The government says the claims are "totally false" and the international news organisations reporting them are "implicated in the shedding of Syrian blood and support terrorism".

http://news.sky.com/story/1131320/syria-conflict-1300-killed-in-gas-attack

Back to top Go down

Chemical weapons..mass murder Empty Re: Chemical weapons..mass murder

Post  MrRAWhite on 2013-08-21, 2:52 pm

The trouble with the civil war in Syria, is that both sides seem just as bad as each other, with the rebels consisting of such a disparate bunch that are almost certainly supported by outside Islamic fanatics..In such a situation, how on earth can you truly know which side has actually used the chemical weapons in the first place..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-08-21, 3:00 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:The trouble with the civil war in Syria, is that both sides seem just as bad as each other, with the rebels consisting of such a disparate bunch that are almost certainly supported by outside Islamic fanatics..In such a situation, how on earth can you truly know which side has actually used the chemical weapons in the first place..
Islamic fanatics

Well MrRaw, you may have just hit on something i've been thinking about for a long time, and it's scary.

You stated

certainly supported by outside Islamic fanatics..In such a situation, how on earth can you truly know which side has actually used the chemical weapons in the first place

Now to myself, this is very worrying, if anyone can get a hold of these.

Scenario.

Old Trafford, 75, 000 people, all in one place.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2013-08-21, 3:12 pm

I honestly fear that there is a possibility some of these nutters will get their hands on, and set off a nuclear device in a western nation such as the USA or the UK, which will of course lead to massive retributions. If this was to happen, who knows where it could lead to..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-08-21, 3:22 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:I honestly fear that there is a possibility some of these nutters will get their hands on, and set off a nuclear device in a western nation such as the USA or the UK, which will of course lead to massive retributions. If this was to happen, who knows where it could lead to..

Happy to disagree here mate, but there will be a chemical or biological event happens before a nuclear one.

A nuclear event would mean a country is probably involved (unless you watch james bond movies)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-08-22, 4:40 pm

Should this action be met with force?

France is seeking a reaction with "force" if a massacre in Syria involving chemical weapons is confirmed, its foreign minister has said.

"If it is proven, France's position is that there must be a reaction, a reaction that could take the form of a reaction with force," Laurent Fabius told BFM-TV.

"There are possibilities for responding," he said without elaborating.

He added that if the UN Security Council could not make a decision, one would have to be taken "in other ways".

The Syrian government has been urged to allow UN inspectors to visit the site where it is claimed more than 1,300 people died in a chemical weapons attack.

http://news.sky.com/story/1131742/syria-call-for-force-if-chemicals-proven

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-22, 5:10 pm

Dont know why we need to be in the front line, let the French lead the way

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2013-08-22, 7:33 pm

Because of the 'cut-backs' we don't have the troop numbers any more...
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2013-08-23, 1:05 pm

I despair the way that western governments such as France, USA and USA are presuming that the government forces are responsible..Is it any wonder that they are denying the UN inspectors access to the site, because any evidence of chemicals will be regarded as evidence against them! 
In my opinion, it is more likely that al qaeda, who are undoubtedly supporting the rebel forces, who would be the most likely to carry out such an attack in order to cause international discord..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-23, 1:46 pm

Can I widen the debate please, you see I am at a loss to know what we do.

There are many evil people in the world and it seems they are in every comer of the world. They get other evil people to join them and suddenly they form a government or a group of freedom fighters, many names, many causes but still evil people doing evil things.

But, what do we do is first question, if only all the good people could join together and fight the evil people until there are no more evil people.

There we go, problem solved, but far to many grey areas between the good guys and the bad guys.

Right now I would certainly not place our leaders in the evil group but I do see a gap getting bigger, I see my income stagnate but my expenses grow and I think, well thats fair, we all need to do our bit but, I dont think we are all doing our bit.

I'm not comparing what is happening in Syria to what is happening here but that grey area, know what I mean?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2013-08-23, 7:11 pm

Abolish greed and organised religion and all the world's problems would be solved.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-23, 8:44 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:Abolish greed and organised religion and all the world's problems would be solved.

Organised religion is an easy hit but IMO a very unfair one.

Many people in the world, indeed in this country only survive because of the work of organised religion.

Greed is something most of us have to some degree.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2013-08-23, 9:26 pm

I stand by argument that greed and organised religion are responsible for virtually every war in history..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-08-27, 11:58 am

Here they go again.

Britain's Armed Forces are drawing up plans for military action in Syria as the Assad regime says it will use "all available means" to defend itself.

Prime Minister David Cameron, who is back in London after cutting his family holiday short, is deciding whether he will recall Parliament while he continues talks with global leaders on possible intervention.

Downing Street said Mr Cameron is considering what would constitute a "proportionate response" after the alleged toxic gas attack, which is said to have killed more than 1,300 people.

http://news.sky.com/story/1133533/syria-uk-draws-up-plans-for-military-action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum