SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
There is no logical sense, none at all. EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
There is no logical sense, none at all. EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
There is no logical sense, none at all. Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
There is no logical sense, none at all. Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
There is no logical sense, none at all. Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
There is no logical sense, none at all. Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
There is no logical sense, none at all. Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
There is no logical sense, none at all. Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
There is no logical sense, none at all. Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
There is no logical sense, none at all. Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

There is no logical sense, none at all.

Go down

There is no logical sense, none at all. Empty There is no logical sense, none at all.

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-15, 8:21 am

I have been following Sunderland for around 50 years in earnest, gave or take a year or two, and never have I felt the excitement and anticipation I feel right now.

I find the weeks fly by these days but his week seems never ending, just wont go quick enough, why is that, why such excitement?

Well its not the expectation of a top 4 finish, a trip into Europe next year, unless I book an holiday, its not even the fact I know we are going to play exciting football because in all honesty, none of us really have a clue.

I am well aware that all this excitement could end in tears, see a false dawn, see a change of manager in the next 12 months and see us flirting with relegation again, doubt it but yes, it all could happen.

So why so excited, I see other fans more level headed, more cautious, maybe they are right, maybe I am being a little silly and should know better.

Well, to be honest, I dont want to be, I feel a little sorry for those who are not feeling it, for the cautious ones, the doubters, the I will see everything from the negative side of life.

What is being a football fan about if its not enjoying the build up, the anticipation, the faith and the hope, I know what we are and I'm fairly sure of where we are so I don't expect us to trample any team and I expect us to lose our fair share.

All I ask, all I ever ask, is for some excitement along the way. When you know the excitement wont always be provided by dominant winning football and you are honest enough to accept why that is, what's left?

Well what's left for me is exactly what Di Canio is trying to provide, heart, passion, fight and above all trying to do it better.

What is exciting right now is the unknown, the unknown players, team, formation and above all the unknown desire and effort we will see. Its watching the unknown become known on Saturday that excites me, no present ever excites like a surprise present and that's what we get this Saturday.

For those who ask,"Yes but what if it does not work", well 2 things, one, I will worry about that if it happens and two, been there before so nothing new, will survive it.

I refuse to let the excitement of today to be marred by the possible, and it is just a possible, let down of tomorrow,

That for me would be a miserable way to live a life and my life has been many things but miserable is not one of them.

Come on boys and girls, throw your caution to one side, stop worrying about the ifs and buts and enjoy the ride until, the ride stops and not before.

Is it Saturday yet?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

There is no logical sense, none at all. Empty Re: There is no logical sense, none at all.

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-15, 8:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

There is no logical sense, none at all. Empty Re: There is no logical sense, none at all.

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2013-08-15, 9:18 am

Cracking read Syd.
Before this week, don't think I was in either the excited or pessimistic camp
More the numb camp - loads of new players, never heard of them didn't know if they were any good absolutely no idea of what to expect.
Only consolation was that we couldn't be any worse than last season, and the though that PDC would at least have players fitter and more committed
Now though, the excitement's kicked in - new season, new start, new hopes
Saturday can't come soon enough.
Jerry the Jinx
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2013-08-15, 9:27 am

Can't wait for Saturday now..Bring it on!!!!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2013-08-15, 9:28 am

I was quite calm with a wait'n'see atitude then Jozy scored a hat-trick in 27 minutes Twisted Evil

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2013-08-15, 9:36 am

Hmm Syd is you picture meant to represent a new or false dawn?

Which I guess is the point you are making, we have not had a really good side since Peter Reid and since SNQ and Kevin Phillips were banging them in.  So we will be there on Saturday hoping yet again that we have turned a corner.

The pressure is on to get a good start and some momentum going..it is not the end of the world if this does not happen, but an early good run will settle an awful lot of nerves in the team, the fans and will keep the gutter press of our backs. I also think it is good omen that the The Outlaw Josie got a hat-trick last night, with a bit of luck he can carry his good form on and there is no need for us to be worried that Fletcher is not available. Football is a simple game we have to score goals to win and stop them scoring not to lose (Brown being out is a bad omen).
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-15, 9:41 am

(Brown being out is a bad omen).

Why, before the Asia cup did we expect Brown to start this game?
Before the Asia cup did we expect one of the new guys to be playing?
How good is it that we have new good centre backs and could well have a fit Brown available next week?
How is that for great news, what a good omen that is, fantastic news.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2013-08-15, 10:08 am

cyprussyd wrote: (Brown being out is a bad omen).

How good is it that we have new good centre backs and could well have a fit Brown available next week?
 Definitely a half-full sort of bloke, I am perhaps a bit more of a Eeyore although after a couple of wins my mood will change to Tigger
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-15, 10:27 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote: (Brown being out is a bad omen).

Definitely a half-full sort of bloke, I am perhaps a bit more of a Eeyore although after a couple of wins my mood will change to Tigger
Just be thankful I cant shout,"BRING ELMO ON"

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2013-08-15, 10:51 am

Every year , season after season I look in anticipation of the first match , and to be honest apart from Reidys reign I have generally been well and truly let down by my adopted Makems . 
All my friends who were born and bred thought I was a bloody loony out of Cherry Knowle just because I was a fanatic whose SAFC glass was always half full . 
This pre season due to Paulo being appointed I have trawled every forum, news article , gossip column just for a faint smell of SAFC . 
This forthcoming season promises if nothing else excitement thrills spills and a brand of football most of us never expected to see from the Red and Whites .
Will Clatters and Bardo play again for us ? 
Will Dozy score 20 plus ?
Can Giacc prove to be a maestro with most assists ?
Cabral to be the bargain buy ?
Young Moberg to seal a first team place ?
Ses to still be with us come the Jan transfer window ?
I could go on and on and on  ,,, so many questions , no bloody answers yet . 
TWO more sleeps , well restless nights and then we will begin to see if our hopes and dreams can slowly become a reality . 

Bugger me I'm so excited ..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6A6pMO_WKM

Have a pint for me lads in the Colliery or the Cambridge after we get our three points on saturday . 
cretanmakem
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-15, 10:56 am

cretanmakem wrote:Every year , season after season I look in anticipation of the first match , and to be honest apart from Reidys reign I have generally been well and truly let down by my adopted Makems . 
All my friends who were born and bred thought I was a bloody loony out of Cherry Knowle just because I was a fanatic whose SAFC glass was always half full . 
This pre season due to Paulo being appointed I have trawled every forum, news article , gossip column just for a faint smell of SAFC . 
This forthcoming season promises if nothing else excitement thrills spills and a brand of football most of us never expected to see from the Red and Whites .
Will Clatters and Bardo play again for us ? 
Will Dozy score 20 plus ?
Can Giacc prove to be a maestro with most assists ?
Cabral to be the bargain buy ?
Young Moberg to seal a first team place ?
Ses to still be with us come the Jan transfer window ?
I could go on and on and on  ,,, so many questions , no bloody answers yet . 
TWO more sleeps , well restless nights and then we will begin to see if our hopes and dreams can slowly become a reality . 

Bugger me I'm so excited ..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6A6pMO_WKM

Have a pint for me lads in the Colliery or the Cambridge after we get our three points on saturday . 
bloody got me going again:bounce: bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2013-08-15, 12:45 pm

I'm pretty sure the team will start like the proverbial 'bat out of hell' and hopefully we will have a good start to the campaign..

The proof of the pudding will be where we are after 10 games....

The manager has been saying all the right things ..

Let's now do it on the field...

Very Happy 
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-15, 12:47 pm

silvers wrote:I'm pretty sure the team will start like the proverbial 'bat out of hell' and hopefully we will have a good start to the campaign..

The proof of the pudding will be where we are after 10  games....

The manager has been saying all the right things ..

Let's now do it on the field...

Very Happy 
Thank you Silvers for making my point, 10 games time, why concern ourselves with 10 games time, enjoy the moment.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2013-08-15, 1:00 pm

Never had a bike , never wanted one , but enjoy the moment ,,,, a bit like waiting for another 48 hours precisely . 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
cretanmakem
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-08-15, 1:56 pm

Cracking post and read Syd me owld mucka...

Nearly all the jigsaw is complete, will we find the last pieces or are they missing?

Well it's time for them to stop the talking, and show all off us, just what we expect..

Passion, determinantion, and a will to help the SAFC cause...

Some will fall by the wayside, others will exceed when unexpected..

It's showtime.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-08-15, 2:22 pm

Like most of us I'm getting more and more excited about Saturday, starting at the Tavern and meeting newly made old friends and hopefully meeting some new friends who will become new old friends in the next few games. Then I start to think about the new players and how they will play, what formation etc., plus many other aspects of being a Sunderland supporter.

Then I started some lateral thinking and came up with this one. We should thank MON for all this excitement and anticipation....... WHY?........ Because if he hadn't made such a complete balls of things when he came to SOL we'd all now be going through the usual worry of getting hammered from time to time, conceding the last minute goal that cost us points, lack of effort from the players and the growing threat of relegation as the season progresses.

In the light of all that I think perhaps we should all raise a glass of something on Saturday in thanks to the lack of effort that MON put into managing the Black Cats. bounce  bounce  bounce love sunderland  love sunderland  love sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-15, 2:41 pm

Thank you very much Les, come on everyone come to the tavern, Les is in the chair

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-15, 3:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-08-15, 3:09 pm

cyprussyd wrote:There is no logical sense, none at all. 20805_10200210223205583_752501645_n
Hope he finds his legs by the weekend.Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-15, 3:10 pm

commachio wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
behind the clouds

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2013-08-16, 12:35 am

commachio wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
 He'll hit the ground flying

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum