Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE

Latest topics
» breaking news from the BBC gossip column..
Today at 9:25 am by cyprussyd

» Who is Jens Keller our potential new manager
Today at 9:18 am by cyprussyd

» Word association thread--SAFC
Today at 9:16 am by silvers

» Have the Jarmans...............
Today at 9:11 am by cyprussyd

» Fear not, salvation is near
Today at 8:48 am by talcnturnip

» Research on our everyday use of electronic devices
Today at 12:56 am by Hieronymus

» Our Bradly...
Yesterday at 10:09 pm by cyprussyd

» 42 days
Yesterday at 7:58 pm by Argus

» Another day of
Yesterday at 6:43 pm by Hieronymus

» The German group
Yesterday at 3:45 pm by silvers

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 2 Bots

Kipper

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Is this not the piss take of all piss takes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this not the piss take of all piss takes

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-14, 1:20 pm

Subsidy for MPs' bars and restaurants rises to £5.8m
The taxpayers’ subsidy for the bars and restaurants in the Houses of Commons has risen to £5.8m a year, despite promises by parliamentary official to cut public funding for politicians’ meals and drinks.

The £87,000 rise in funding allows MPs to enjoy five-course meals, wines and spirits at far cheaper prices than they could be bought in restaurants.
The Commons Commission said in June 2010 that £500,000 should be sliced from catering costs and bar prices should rise to those of high street pubs as part of a £12m cut to the Commons budget.
But in the Members Dining Room, MPs are served an artichoke and tomato salad with truffle dressing for £2.05, or a seared breast of pigeon with aubergine purée and spiced couscous for just £4.15.
A risotto of pea and broad bean with Golden Cross goat’s cheese costs £2.40, while MPs wishing to splash out on a char-grilled rib-eye steak with hand-cut chips and béarnaise sauce pay £7.80.
For pudding, they can enjoy a green tea and white chocolate brûlée for £2.05 or the cheese board for £3.10.

Can anyone explain why I have to help pay for their food and drink, ANYONE.......

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this not the piss take of all piss takes

Post  Hieronymus on 2013-08-14, 4:03 pm

IMO taxpayer subsidies on MPs food and alcohol cannot be justified in any way and should simply be stopped. I would put all House of Commons catering out to tender and MPs and staff can pay market, London, rates if they want pigeon breast or ribeye steaks. Evil or Very Mad Furthermore no expenses or allowances should cover alcohol and, as everyone has to eat whether at home or work, paying expenses for meals should also be stopped, except for perhaps a small top up allowance to cover those MPs who are not based in Greater London.

It amazes me (not really!) that this government can implement a bedroom tax, causing real hardship to disabled and many other social housing tenants; benefit cuts, that are making families turn to food banks in their droves; several years of below inflation pay rises for public sector workers (except themselves of course), while train fares rise up to 9.1%, yet MPs are not able to deliver on a recommendation to cut the Commons budget by a miserly £12m. Pigs in trough again comes to mind.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-14, 4:13 pm

I stopped being a really political person some time ago H, combination of a feeling of helplessness, selfishness and I suppose a bit of, "I'm all right Jack".

But each month, week, day I see a divide getting bigger, them and us getting further apart one rule for them and one rule for everyone else.

I see decent hard working people ashamed and concerned because they feel they are letting their kids down, they have no need to be either but saying no to school trips, the latest designer clothes and games may often be the right thing to do but is never the easy thing to do.

I sit outside the supermarket and watch couple after couple checking their bills, you can see them thinking,"Why did it cost that much", you know they are struggling.

I understand the cuts, I know they are needed but I just cant see the justice in those couples in the supermarket car park compared to the fine dinning of our MP's.

Its just wrong.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2013-08-14, 4:30 pm

But that's the rub Syd, in the opinion of many leading economists, this level of cuts was not essential. We had far more debt after the Second World War and the fifties and sixties were boom years. The UK is not a Greece or Spain with a low manufacturing base and economy reliant on tourism and agriculture. The USA has used the approach of investment to manufacture their way out of recession, and it is working. All this government has done is ensure the gap between the have and have-nots has widened into a gulf.

But they are okay, they gave themselves their tax cut for millionaires, they have taxpayer funded second homes in London, meals, travel and expenses. Their kids go to public schools and the best universities because they aren't terrified of the level of debt that will inflict on them. It makes me sick and so angry, and to my disgust the Labour party have not taken up the cudgels as they most certainly should. The peasants may well have to revolt again and if I am needed I will be there!Very Happy 
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  commachio on 2013-08-14, 6:44 pm

Who votes all these mp's in?

commachio
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.slyoung-construction.com/

Back to top Go down