SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland vs Benfica B - Thursday 18th July
Mr Colback, is it because he is ginger? EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Got my pass, have you got yours?
Mr Colback, is it because he is ginger? EmptyYesterday at 9:01 pm by Vincemac

» Good Luck
Mr Colback, is it because he is ginger? Empty2019-07-17, 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
Mr Colback, is it because he is ginger? Empty2019-07-17, 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
Mr Colback, is it because he is ginger? Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Mr Colback, is it because he is ginger? Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
Mr Colback, is it because he is ginger? Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

» Love departs
Mr Colback, is it because he is ginger? Empty2019-07-14, 9:08 am by barrowmackem

» McGeady
Mr Colback, is it because he is ginger? Empty2019-07-14, 9:06 am by barrowmackem

» Twitter 1
Mr Colback, is it because he is ginger? Empty2019-07-12, 5:19 pm by Hieronymus

Mr Colback, is it because he is ginger?

Go down

Mr Colback, is it because he is ginger? Empty Mr Colback, is it because he is ginger?

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-06, 3:47 am

Our Jack and the Colback conundrum, every team has one, a Marmite player and Jack seems to be ours.

It is being reported in todays gossip that Hull have failed in a bid for Jack, may be true, may not. I personally think he will stay and sign a new contract and for me that's good news but there are many who would shed no tears if he left.

Some see him has championship at best, others potentially a new Paul Scholes, I know football and footballers are and always will be the subject of opinion and opinion will always vary but every so often a player comes along who really splits opinion, Jack is one of those players.

You can see why, he is Mr utility, a 100% player who gives his all in a number of positions but he is not and never will be a stand out headline grabber. Like Scholes Jack seems to shun the limelight and never seems to hit the headlines for nights out but would prefer fishing and being with his family I remember Cissie saying how he loved the peace and tranquillity of spending a day fishing with Jack, not the high flying modern day footballer image.

He looks and sounds the ideal Di Canio player but its now under Di Canio that he wants out, regular football, more money, a change and fresh challenge or a bit of all 3, who knows the real reason but my feeling and I guess most peoples feeling is, this is your lot Jack. The very thing that makes you a valuable commodity in today's footballing world, versatility is the very reason you may never be an automatic first choice unless you waste your talents and drop down a division.

If I was advising Jack I would say you have shown more than enough to make you one of the best full backs in the premiership at both left and right back so go all out to be first choice t full back, work at being the best at the club.

Jacks problem of course is he sees himself as a defensive central midfielder but we may just have better options there and that would always make him a back up.

Truth is, IMO, all successful teams need flair, skill, headline makers but they also need a Jack, a hard working, solid no nonsense player, a player who will always divide opinion.

Jack is this years Richardson, I wish I could hear him say what Gardner did, I just want to play for Sunderland, in any position, just let me play.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Mr Colback, is it because he is ginger? Empty Re: Mr Colback, is it because he is ginger?

Post  Guest on 2013-08-06, 4:02 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Jack is this years Richardson, I wish I could hear him say what Gardner did, I just want to play for Sunderland, in any position, just let me play.

Good post Syd. Jack seems to be taking a lot of grief from the supporters, don't think they expected the formal transfer request.

I agree with you, any fan just wants to hear a good player say "I just want to play for you". Especially one brought up thru their academy.

Still young, plenty of time for him, just hope he doesn't look back on this year with regret.

Back to top Go down

Mr Colback, is it because he is ginger? Empty Re: Mr Colback, is it because he is ginger?

Post  Guest on 2013-08-06, 9:21 am

Bang average imo.

Hope PDC can find a l/b before the start of the season.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-08-06, 9:40 am

His potential reminds me of Grant Leadbitter, who scored some cracking goals and we thought we had a young Scholes on our hands..

Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-08-06, 4:34 pm

I like Jack and hope he stays.

The red head thing is odd is it not...it is OK to have flame hair if you are female ( I once had a red-headed girlfriend she was hot stuff) but if you are a carrot-top and mocked if you are a fella...I call it sexism

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2013-08-06, 4:57 pm

I've never hid my admiration for the lad...I firmly believe he is a class act and I hope that we keep him for many years to come..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-08-06, 5:04 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:I've never hid my admiration for the lad...I firmly believe he is a class act and I hope that we keep him for many years to come..

MrRaw, I'm getting increasingly worried because I find myself agreeing with you again. Please revert to your posting style of the past when you regularly posted a load of poppycock. Smile  Smile  Smile 

Looking forward to seeing you at the pub on 17th bounce  bounce  bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-06, 5:31 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I like Jack and hope he stays.

The red head thing is odd is it not...it is OK to have flame hair if you are female ( I once had a red-headed girlfriend she was hot stuff) but if you are a carrot-top and mocked if you are a fella...I call it sexism

any pictures, of the hot stuff, not you, I have seen you

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-06, 5:33 pm

A serious point here, those who get to see Jack live have a much different view on him to those who get to see him on TV because of location.

Could it be that because he is not Jack the box office star you dont get to see all his good work, skill, class on TV.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2013-08-06, 5:34 pm

lesmac wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:I've never hid my admiration for the lad...I firmly believe he is a class act and I hope that we keep him for many years to come..

MrRaw, I'm getting increasingly worried because I find myself agreeing with you again. Please revert to your posting style of the past when you regularly posted a load of poppycock. Smile  Smile  Smile 

Looking forward to seeing you at the pub on 17th bounce  bounce  bounce

I regularly agree with MrRAWs posts but being ginger is a good enough reason to get rid of mind.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum