SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
people dying thru lack of cash, and you get this EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
people dying thru lack of cash, and you get this EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
people dying thru lack of cash, and you get this Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
people dying thru lack of cash, and you get this Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
people dying thru lack of cash, and you get this Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
people dying thru lack of cash, and you get this Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
people dying thru lack of cash, and you get this Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
people dying thru lack of cash, and you get this Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
people dying thru lack of cash, and you get this Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
people dying thru lack of cash, and you get this Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

people dying thru lack of cash, and you get this

Go down

people dying thru lack of cash, and you get this Empty people dying thru lack of cash, and you get this

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-28, 9:23 pm

Josie Cunningham 'To Sue NHS Over £4,800 Breast Enlargement Operation'

A wannabe glamour model who had a £4,800 tax payer-funded breast enlargement, says she plans to sue the NHS for making them too big and thus “ruining her life”. Josie Cunningham went from a size 32A to a 36DD following the surgery at St James’ Hospital in Leeds in January.Despite speaking of her new-found confidence after the operation, the 23-year-old now says she was rushed through the surgery and is seeking compensation for clinical negligence and emotional distress.Josie Cunningham went from a size 32A to a 36DD in a £4,800 NHS operation“I’m going to take them for every penny”, the mother-of-two exclusively told The Sun.“I want in excess of £10,000. Anything I can get over that is a bonus,” she added.The hospital told the newspaper it would be “inappropriate” to comment on Cunningham’s case.The part-time sales assistant was greeted with a barrage of abuse for earlierthanking Britain’s taxpayers after going under the knife, claiming: “I couldn’t have done it without you”.Cunningham had earlier thanked the taxpayer for funding her £4,800 boob job but now says she intends to sue the NHSPosing topless for the first time in The Sun in March, she added: “I could never have felt so confident about showing off my body if it wasn’t for the support I’ve had from the NHS.”Yet despite initially claiming she had been “inundated” with further offers to model, Cunningham revealed she is not happy with her new bust and wants smaller implants.Speaking earlier this month, she told Closer Magazine: “They’re making my working life difficult. They’re so big I find them embarrassing and I don’t feel I can do any modelling because they’ve attracted so much negative attention.”Cunningham, who says she has a medical condition which means she had no natural breast tissue, had hoped to be “the next Katie Price”.But her NHS-funded glamour modelling aspirations appeared to fall flat, with online commenters variously branding her “a despicable insect”, “ignorant”, “ugly” and “deluded”A spokesman for the TaxPayers’ Alliance said: “This is a waste of NHS cash and taxpayers will be stunned that they have been landed with the bill.“The NHS is there for people with serious medical needs, not as a means of helping wannabes who fancy a career in modelling.“NHS bosses must not allow the system to be manipulated by people wanting cosmetic surgery merely to enhance their career prospects.”According to the NHS, just over 10,000 women had breast implant surgery in 2011 for cosmetic purposes.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

people dying thru lack of cash, and you get this Empty Re: people dying thru lack of cash, and you get this

Post  canary-dave on 2013-07-28, 10:02 pm

WOW, just WOW! What else can I say?

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

people dying thru lack of cash, and you get this Empty Re: people dying thru lack of cash, and you get this

Post  Silvers on 2013-07-28, 10:30 pm

..she obviously has an over inflated ego ..
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2013-07-28, 10:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2013-07-29, 3:35 am

No work offers so create a bit of publicity.  Seemed odd to me that the NHS spent half a mil on free boobjobs which could have funded something more worthy.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-29, 6:54 am

Nostalgic wrote:No work offers so create a bit of publicity.  Seemed odd to me that the NHS spent half a mil on free boobjobs which could have funded something more worthy.

I find myself with Dave, speechless Mad Mad 

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2013-07-29, 12:29 pm

Nostalgic wrote:No work offers so create a bit of publicity.  Seemed odd to me that the NHS spent half a mil on free boobjobs which could have funded something more worthy.

Bearing in mind this is The Sun (which is not worth the paper it is written on IMO) I agree that this is a disgrace and I would not give this woman the time of day. She will have signed all the release clauses and had plenty of consultation with doctors and mental health experts, before the operation, and really only has herself to blame.

However, I have to defend the NHS on the 10,000 'cosmetic' boob jobs that this article claims are done every year. My guess is that most of these will be for reconstructive surgery for women who have had mastectomies and lumpectomies for breast cancer, or who have had accidents or other chest trauma.

Imagine how men who have testicular cancer would feel if they were not given the option to replace the bits that are removed? That is just as much cosmetic, but an essential part of what makes you a man, so of course it should be provided on the NHS.

A woman's breasts are an important part of her identity and such 'cosmetic' surgery is essential to ensure women do not suffer deep psychological distress and depression, which could cost the NHS, her family and possibly wider society, much more than the relatively small sums involved here.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-29, 1:15 pm

H, dont you ever dare leave this forum, you can always be relied upon to give the other side of the argument without fear or favour.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2013-07-29, 1:17 pm

Hieronymus wrote:

Bearing in mind this is The Sun (which is not worth the paper it is written on IMO) I agree that this is a disgrace and I would not give this woman the time of day. She will have signed all the release clauses and  had plenty of consultation with doctors and mental health experts, before the operation, and really only has herself to blame.

However, I have to defend the NHS on the 10,000 'cosmetic' boob jobs that this article claims are done every year. My guess is that most of these will be for reconstructive surgery for women who have had mastectomies and lumpectomies for breast cancer, or who have had accidents or other chest trauma.  

Imagine how men who have testicular cancer would feel if they were not given the option to replace the bits that are removed? That is just as much cosmetic, but an essential part of what makes you a man, so of course it should be provided on the NHS.

A woman's breasts are an important part of her identity and such 'cosmetic' surgery is essential to ensure women do not suffer deep psychological distress and depression, which could cost the NHS, her family and possibly wider society, much more than the relatively small sums involved here.
Spot on H, this girl has obviously got an advisor with a bit of nous at figure manipulation! For all its faults, I can't see the NHS being that irresponsible with public money!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2013-07-29, 7:03 pm

I wonder if the NHS will fund the removal of Cameron and Clegg, because they are a pair of over-inflated tits..

On a serious note, I hope this backfires on her big time, and she ends up having to pay all the court costs..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2013-07-29, 9:45 pm

That's me put in my place from the female viewpoint.pale  Realise that not all of the boob jobs carried out would be for glamour reasons, but she is a mum of two who is still relatively young and I assumed the NHS gave her what she elected to have done. Should have read the article closer and spotted the Sun connection.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2013-07-30, 12:42 am

Nostalgic wrote:That's me put in my place from the female viewpoint.pale  Realise that not all of the boob jobs carried out would be for glamour reasons, but she is a mum of two who is still relatively young and I assumed the NHS gave her what she elected to have done. Should have read the article closer and spotted the Sun connection.

So sorry Mr Nostalgic, it was The Sun I was getting at, not you, as you certainly raised a valid point about her shabby behaviour.
I understand some women (and men) sadly have serious body image issues and surgery is sometimes recommended to help them address the psychological damage of their condition. However, it seems to me that the doctors in this case showed a distinct lack of common sense when they agreed to conduct this operation in the first place. Obviously I have no knowledge of this woman's medical history but her subsequent behaviour (running to the Sun with her story, and threats to take the NHS for all she can get!) indicates that body image concerns were not the issue here. One small positive though is perhaps the publicity will at least prompt a wider discussion about decision making processes in the NHS, accountability of health professionals, and best use of increasingly scarce NHS resources.

Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2013-07-30, 3:40 am

Absolutely no offence taken m'dear:D . Read an article last week about the "tourist bill" outstanding to the NHS of 4.5mil quid run up by foreigners who claimed to be on holidy so the NHS performed emergency procedures and are now stuck with the non-payment.

The highlight of the cases was a Nigerian woman who flew in her 7th month to have quintuplets with the full knowledge that she would get first class service for no cost other than one plane fare. Mind-boggling.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-30, 8:24 am

Nostalgic wrote:Absolutely no offence taken m'dear:D . Read an article last week about the "tourist bill" outstanding to the NHS of 4.5mil quid run up by foreigners who claimed to be on holidy so the NHS performed emergency procedures and are now stuck with the non-payment.

The highlight of the cases was a Nigerian woman who flew in her 7th month to have quintuplets with the full knowledge that she would get first class service for no cost other than one plane fare. Mind-boggling.

I never want us to stop being a caring compassionate society but we sure seem to have crossed the line, in a big way, from caring and compassionate to mugs in so many ways.

In every area of life I see the decent, honest, law-abiding getting the piss taken out of them and not just by the immigrants, far to easy to blame it on all them.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum